Superheroine Peril - Deep Story Line

Want to just talk about stories? Float a request, do some research, recruit a partner in crime? Then come on in and have yourself a pint.
HeroineFall84
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

I've wanted to start a project for some time that added the same level of deep character development as our beloved comics, but also explicit levels of peril. I love SHiP as a genre, but perhaps some would agree that jumping straight into the peril sometimes feels like a rushed hand job. When a new video comes out featuring my character in a doomed situation, I get butterflies in my belly, eager to find a quiet place to watch. This got me thinking about why exactly that was. There are boat loads of BDSM videos that compare to this genre, so what made SHiP so special.

The answer I came to was: anticipation. For years I've seen super heroines wearing tight costumes mash powerful foes. The rips in their uniforms stopping just before the good parts. Sometimes they are bound, wiggling to break free. Other times they might even die. Yet, the anticipation holds and my mind races to explore how I hoped it would end.

Watching a new super heroine have her ass handed to her and suffer a sexually humiliating defeat is fun, but nothing like seeing an icon fall. What's the difference? Character development over time and delivery when the time is right. Like fruit waiting to be eaten, the best time is when it's ripe.

I'm writing a series set in the DC universe I hope to share on the forum. Just as discussed, it will not be in a hurry to explore the peril aspect, because my theory is that buildup will heighten the pleasure of watching it unfold. Those that just want to read about the peril can skip ahead as they see fit. The stories will release in episodes that may follow one character, or jump around between a few as a greater story arc builds. It's my goal to not only provide exciting peril, but to create a subversive story that readers enjoy reading along the way.

I'm writing this as much for myself as people interested in the concept, so I want to include fans of the series as much as possible. I'll have periodic polls about new characters, who will be defeated next, and peril elements.

Thus far my story contains the following characters:

[*]Batman
[*]Superman
[*]Wonder Woman
[*]The Flash
[*]Cyborg
[*]Batgirl
[*]Killer Croc
[*]Marco Stafano - of my own design

Character's I might introduce are:

[*]Starfire
[*]The Joker
[*]Mr. Freeze
[*]Doomsday
[*]Brainiac
[*]Supergirl

If you're interested in this project I'd love to read about your suggestions below! What characters would you want to see and what versions (pictures welcomed)? What peril elements? How long are you willing to wait for the first heroine to meet her demise? Any and all suggestions welcomed!

Here is a short clip of the story, to show my abilities as a writer. It's rough, unedited, and contains no peril, but if you enjoy the style I look forward to writing for you.
Spoiler

Gotham Docks
Saturday December 7th, 12:08am

“I’m surrounded by knuckleheads! Yous guys trying to blow us to bits?”
Marco Stefano yelled at the two teens fumbling a crate. The stupid bastards were his nephews in law, born from the chunky cunt of his wife’s least attractive sister—the only one he hadn’t boned. Marco looked at the twins, their buck teeth visible in dumbfounded expressions. He refrained from punching their freckled faces in and took a deep breath. Being a family man was hard.
“Look. I told your mother I’d let you help the family business, but I ain’t losing limb over it. Kapeesh?”
The red-headed teens nodded their vacant skulls in unison.
“Now get that crate on the truck. I’m freezing my balls off out here.”
“Yes uncle Marco,” the twins said in creepy synchronized voices.
A high profile merchandise run and all Marco could spare were scraps. Two nineteen-year-olds. Two professionals. If it wasn’t for Dominic, Marco’s enforcer, he would have called it off. He built his family on less, but in those days the only jerks in costumes were ones at birthday parties. Marco muttered profanity in Italian, then reached into his coat pocket for a cigar.
Gotham was an iceberg in December. But even the cold didn’t tame the overwhelming odor of fish guts, piss, and alcohol that was the docks. Marco lit his cigar and welcomed it to his lips. The smoke overpowered the stench and calmed his nerves. Dominic walked up to Marco’s right.
“We ought to send those boys to Frankie’s,” Dominic said, and Marco choked with laughter.
“Dominic, you trying to kill me? Those shit’s would fuck up a postage stamp.”
“You saying Frankie’s job is harder than stamping mail?”
They both laughed.
Dominic always took the edge off stressful situations. Though a killer, Dominic’s calm demeanor a sheepskin draped over a predator, Marco had earned his loyalty. What Marco needed, Dominic executed.
Despite the Batman’s absence in Gotham, his little whore girlfriend seemed to be everywhere. He figured she had big boots to fill and something to prove. At least Batman had the decency not to laugh when he knocked skulls together. Batgirl, on the other hand, paraded around in her purple costume like a kung fu cheerleader.
“Don’t do that, boss. It’s bad luck.”
“Do what, Dominic?”
“Have your Batgirl fantasies out here.”
Sometimes he swore Dominic could read his mind.
“I want this shit to go smooth. These boom booms go missing and they’ll feed us to that freak in the sewers.”
“True that, boss. You think he’s real?”
“Who? The alligator man? Probably. Gotham is full of freaks.”
“Crocodile, boss.”
“Whatever. A freak all the same.”
The twins moved the last crate onto the truck and his professionals gave the signal. Marco let out a breath. He would’ve sent a dozen men if Batgirl hadn’t spread him thin. Sweat slicked the palms of his hands. Months of planning and circulating false information lead to this moment. The explosives within the crates weren’t ordinary. A pipe bomb would erase a man. These babies would melt steel. Marco guessed a maniac wanted to make a building disappear. Not his business, not his problem. He just had to deliver them.
“Well that’s it then,” Marco said, then stomped out his cigar.
“Let me ride this shipment, boss.”
“No, Dominic. If something goes wrong,” Marco paused, a shiver rolled over him like an omen. Winding up in jail after botching a high profile delivery only ended one way. The guards cutting you down from the ceiling. He’d take his chances on the street.
Dominic didn’t argue, walked over to the delivery guys and gave the order. The twins came to Marco and complained about blisters, so he sent them to wait in the limo.
He looked down at the half smoked cigar and a strand of burning annoyance ran up his neck. Marco became edgy in recent years. The glory days in Gotham were long gone. Criminals needed to be smart these days. If he had the manpower, Marco would’ve set fire to an orphanage to give the winged vigilante something better to do. It was too late for second guessing. The bombs were off the boat and in the open.
His nerves danced again, so he reached for another cigar. With it between his lips, Marco patted himself down looking for a lighter.
“Need a light?” A woman said. The cigar fell from his lips.
Before Marco could reach for his gun, a purple gloved fist connected with his cheek and sent him to the ground. Gun fire followed.
On his hands and knees, Marco crawled for cover. A nail ripped though the knee of his thousand-dollar suit—the first casualty of the evening. Bullets pinged off metal containers, Marco’s limo, and splintered wood from the dock. With his gun in hand, he looked over the concrete block he ducked behind.
Batgirl flipped around dodging bullets as if they were paint-balls. The bitch was bold, he would give her that. Batman retreated to the shadows and stalked his prey, but Batgirl liked to play with hers. Dominic was hiding behind the shipping truck’s rear while the curiers stood in the open squeezing their pistols dry. They tried to reload, but Batgirl was on them before the empties his the ground. A twirling kick disabled the first man with a sickening crack, the second took a right hook to the jaw.
As if planned, Marco and Dominic stepped out from opposite sides of Batgirl and fired, careful not to hit the truck. Bullets ripped through her cape leaving black holes in the bright yellow fabric. She rolled for cover in the darkness that surrounded; a trick her boyfriend taught her no doubt. In a rage, Marco emptied his clip firing into the shadows.
“You bitch!” he yelled, then turned to Dominic, “Get that truck out of here!”
Dominic didn’t hesitate and ran to the driver door. Something whooshed from the shadows and knocked the remaining curier out cold. It was one of those bat boomerang things, Marco was certain. He reached for a fresh clip, loaded it, then ran for his limo. As he reached for the door handle Batgirl landed on the roof with a bang. The twins yelled from within and Marco raised his gun. She kicked the firearm from his hand with ease then delivered a second kick to his chest. Marco stumbled back and fell on his ass.
The truck’s engine roared to life and the heavy transmission dropped into gear with a clunk. Good old Dominic to the rescue. Batgirl stood, spun, and hurled something at the truck. The metal object bit into the rear door. A rapid high pitched whine came from the device and Marco’s eyes went wide.
“There are bombs in there!” He yelled, and Batgirl turned to him with a grave expression. She didn’t know.
Batgirl reached for her belt, the explosive she planted went off, and the whole truck became a ball of light. The force of the blast knocked Batgirl from the limo and Marco into the water. The ice cold ocean stole his breath as he fought to keep his muscles from going stiff.
“Dominic!” Marco yelled, water entering his mouth and causing him to choke. In the firelight he spotted a ladder and used what strength he had left to swim for it. His numb hands gripped the bars, and he crawled up.
On the dock Marco collapsed on all fours. The light from the fire cast dancing shadows all around. It wasn’t cold any more. He looked up hoping his friend had somehow survived, but instead saw Batgirl’s silhouette. Her back was turned to him as she stood looking at the flame.
“Drugs. My informant told me you were moving drugs,” She said, no playfulness in her tone.
“How’s it feel to be a murderer, Batgirl?” Marco said, his voice quivering along with his body, “maybe the cops should arrest you this time.”
Batgirl lifted an arm and fired her grappling hook, then vanished into the night.
A door opened on the limo and the twins emerged. For once they said nothing.

Void
Sargeant
Sargeant

I enjoyed the writing sample - it looks like the start of an interesting story for sure. It's punchy and well delivered so I would certainly keep an eye out for more.

I'm also a big fan of more involved stories. You word it pretty well about the anticipation it fosters, and I would add that a more in-depth, comic-like story also brings more definition and impact to the peril scenes when they occur. Though if the peril scenes are written with due respect to the characters then the build-up isn't totally necessary, but I always appreciate it. I guess I also like the idea that the peril isn't the entire conceit of the story, but a powerful element within it.

I would suggest caution when it comes to using a large roster of characters. You might find you are more flexible and go into much more depth by focusing on fewer actors in the story - not to mention that I imagine the full story length grows to intimidating proportions the more characters you want to devote time to. At least, that's been my experience!

I look forward to reading it when you post it up.
Lost in the night, and there is no morning.
SGWriter
Story General
Story General

Void offers some good thoughts. If this is your first go for a story, maybe focusing it on a few characters rather than a large cast is a better place to start. Some of my stories which featured nearly ten heroines got quite busy and could be a challenge. If you want to jump right into the deep end and feel confident, go for it.

Also nothing wrong with having more meat/depth to a story. Helps build anticipation for the peril moments and makes them sweeter. Heck, in some ways I'm more excited by the build up and setting of that trap/danger/fight/peril than the event itself.

Good luck with your story!
Yes Supergirl, that's right its a necklace for you....What's the matter you don't like Kryptonite?
HeroineFall84
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Void wrote:
6 years ago
I enjoyed the writing sample - it looks like the start of an interesting story for sure. It's punchy and well delivered so I would certainly keep an eye out for more.

I'm also a big fan of more involved stories. You word it pretty well about the anticipation it fosters, and I would add that a more in-depth, comic-like story also brings more definition and impact to the peril scenes when they occur. Though if the peril scenes are written with due respect to the characters then the build-up isn't totally necessary, but I always appreciate it. I guess I also like the idea that the peril isn't the entire conceit of the story, but a powerful element within it.

I would suggest caution when it comes to using a large roster of characters. You might find you are more flexible and go into much more depth by focusing on fewer actors in the story - not to mention that I imagine the full story length grows to intimidating proportions the more characters you want to devote time to. At least, that's been my experience!

I look forward to reading it when you post it up.
Hi, Void! Thanks for taking the time to read my sample. I'm very excited to explore this concept and the characters within.

I agree that a story's value is in the writing. More words do not equal more story! Adding characters and looking at the totality of a singular story arc can intimidate, which is why I'm not overly focused on the big picture. What I hope to accomplish is to eliminate the need to start fresh. Creating each addition to the story as an episode might give me what I'm after. Every story will occur within the same universe, but does not have to be part of the same arc. Maybe the first 6 episodes follow Batgirl, Batman, and Killer Croc, then episode 7 starts with Starfire's journey to Earth. If her path finds a natural way to cross over into Batgirl's story, then awesome! If not, there is always potential and, hopefully, an entertaining read.

Infinity Wars released tonight and I could not be more excited to see it. 18 films have lead the story to this epic moment, which may not be perfect, but is still has been one hell of a ride. This inspires me the most about storytelling and what made me fall in love with comics. The possibilities!

I'm honored that you're looking forward to reading this project!
SGWriter wrote:
6 years ago
Void offers some good thoughts. If this is your first go for a story, maybe focusing it on a few characters rather than a large cast is a better place to start. Some of my stories which featured nearly ten heroines got quite busy and could be a challenge. If you want to jump right into the deep end and feel confident, go for it.

Also nothing wrong with having more meat/depth to a story. Helps build anticipation for the peril moments and makes them sweeter. Heck, in some ways I'm more excited by the build up and setting of that trap/danger/fight/peril than the event itself.

Good luck with your story!
Hi SGWriter! Thank you for reading the sample and providing your thoughts!

Single stories with 10 heroines? That would be hard to get off the ground, but go you for doing it! I think the hardest part I have with too many characters at once is separating their voices in the writing. I want each character to read different, which is very hard to do. I agree that starting small is the way to go, which is why I've focused on three characters for this first episode.

I'm focusing on telling a story with as much fan fiction as peril titillation. I can promise that the setups, traps, and scenarios will be fun and dramatic. As Void said: "due respect to the characters".

Thank you for the best wishes!
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I think the two stories I am most proud of are Divided You Will Fall, and Webs of Deceit. In DYWF my villain had goals on several different levels and so to be able to write something where those win conditions could be achieved in one stunning blow against the heroine (and for the world) at the climax was really satisfying. Alternatively in WoD it was slightly in reverse in that my fledgling heroine and supporting cast slowly came together on different paths to take the fight to villains of the piece.

These stories were more fiddly to write and no doubt too slow for many hungry peril seekers to enjoy but I thoroughly enjoyed trying to make puzzles that the reader could unravel along with the characters in the story and perhaps make the peril more enjoyable when it finally came!
My avatar courtesy of https://www.deviantart.com/sleepy-comics

My current story is Supergirl V Bane

This is all the stuff I've done here but don't tell anyone about this!