City of Titans getting closer

All Online Games!
Foolish Mortal
Henchman
Henchman

City of Titans a superhero MMO is getting closer to being released. For those of us that had the joy of playing City of Heroes this may be what we have been waiting for since it closed. If you would like information about where the game stands in production or be a part of the Second Chance fundraiser visit their website https://cityoftitans.com.
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Every so often, I remember that this game is in the works and I check the web site. But there's SO little information on the game and it always seems like they are just barely getting started, for some reason. They have to be nearing release by now, right? But it just doesn't seem that way. Maybe they just have bad marketing people or something.

Also... as much as I have high hopes for this game, I also haven't seen how it improves in any way upon the original or Champions Online. Seems like it's just a remake with a new, more modern graphics engine. And I can't imagine that being very exciting.

Am I wrong?
Foolish Mortal
Henchman
Henchman

Its been in development for years. They just reached a milestone. They have opened the Character Generator to some of the original Kickstarter backers.

I have fond memories of City of Heroes and the community of players there. City of Titans will incorporate some concepts that I think made City of Heroes great two examples:
1 You can create unique character right out of the gate using a wide variety of colors.
2 Power enhancements are slotted using a 'skeletal' framework (linked to your character) rather than gear.

I hope it does well, as with all MMO's it will be the devs working with the community to see how successful it will be. I wouldn't be a Foolish Mortal if I didn't believe in dreams.
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I guess it's good that they are keeping what worked in CoH and Champions. I especially love the costume creator in both games. That's a smart decision, letting people create the costume they want right up front.

DC Universe Online did this really stupid thing where you had to find/buy certain costume pieces and that was just SO stupid. Of course, in CoH you have to wait a while and do bunch of quests to earn capes and other appearance-related stuff, which was also really dumb. Not to mention that you have to walk around for 20 levels until you could get flight. Hope they don't make that mistake with CoT. :)

I like that they will not have "Gear" like Champion Online, too. That's nice.

But both or those things fall into the category of stuff that's already been done. That 's good - sticking with what works. But what do they have that's NEW and interesting?

I'd be interested to see the costume designer, for sure. Champions was both good and bad in that regard. You could make the hero you wanted, but the art style was kinda cartoonish and lots of people didn't like it. I didn't mind it so much, but I wished I could make sexier female heroines. Hope CoT gets this right.
dajinx1
Producer
Producer

I remember the epic adventures and fun I had with "City of heroes". If this comes close, I'll be there.