Living in the shadow of the corona virus

Where derailed topics go to ....live?
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

The homes we had looked over and looked great closed its doors to new intakes the day before they were due to assess him so hes ended up 45 min drive away in middle of nowhere so it's a pain to get to even when we can go but its minimum of 12 weeks before we can see him.

We gonna ring him each day but obviously they got other residents so rather than 4 of us calling we gonna take it in turns. I'm worried he will just give up
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Just saw an advert on TV made pre crisis for the NHS (National Health Service in UK)

The tag line?
"There's never been a better time to join us"

:giggle: :laugh: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

tallyho wrote:
4 years ago
They moved my dad to a new nursing home yesterday as his dementia has worsened but no one can go see him as they are in lock down, so he is gonna wonder where the hell we all are, which is a bit hard to take for us as we cant settle him in. It wasnt our choice of home either so we got no idea what it's like. :sad:
My dad has Alzheimer's and my Mom takes care of him for the most part, but they both live with me.
I've been begging my Mom to get help for the longest time, but she alternately insists she can handle it (when things are going well), and says she's going to put him in a nursing home (whenever he has a bad day). Now, just as the virus hit, he is suddenly in a decline, and I think it's going to be very hard for us to find a place for him. I imagine nursing homes are going to be refusing to take new people for a while, and I've heard many people say that they are basically closed to visitors at this point - which is a smart precaution, but can also be heart-breaking.
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Alzheimer's - truly a horrible illness - I have sympathy for you both, TnT and Tally. The timing of the virus and its restrictions couldnt have come at a worse time - but take heart in knowing the people that work at these places have the best of intentions and are doing their best for the ones under their care. Hopefully your loved ones will escape the touch of this horrible virus!
My avatar courtesy of https://www.deviantart.com/sleepy-comics

My current story is Supergirl V Bane

This is all the stuff I've done here but don't tell anyone about this!
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

My day job has just shut down due to mandatory orders in Ca.

So now I get to spend a lot more time with you guys!

Im taking it seriously. I cancelled 4 shoots that I had planned and I am sequestered inside my villain hole.
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

tallyho wrote:
4 years ago
The homes we had looked over and looked great closed its doors to new intakes the day before they were due to assess him so hes ended up 45 min drive away in middle of nowhere so it's a pain to get to even when we can go but its minimum of 12 weeks before we can see him.

We gonna ring him each day but obviously they got other residents so rather than 4 of us calling we gonna take it in turns. I'm worried he will just give up
I am also so sorry to hear this. That must be so confusing and horrible for him.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

MightyHypnotic wrote:
4 years ago

Im taking it seriously. I cancelled 4 shoots that I had planned and I am sequestered inside my villain hole.
You got time to sort out the chat? :D

Thanks for the sympathetic comments MH, Bert and every one else.

We all got troubles, some are worse than others and I've no doubt that some here have worse problems than I do. They just haven't mentioned it.
Hope every one gets through this and now is the time to look out for each other and the vulnerable.
Stay safe everybody and help those that you can

Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

When I started this thread I suspected people would have something to say ... I hope just being able to raise their problems has helped people. Here is to hoping that everything works out for you Tally and everyone else here who has expressed their problems. I hope everyone has seen the new news videos from Italy by now and hope those who were ranking this horrible virus alongside regular flu have reassessed the reality of the situation. I know it has scared the crap out of me and I am in no hurry to go out, at least not in the next week or so! Please stay safe everyone!

bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Yeah, when I see some of these idiots cavorting around the beach for Spring break in Florida it really makes me pissed off. This thing is serious shit, everybody needs to take the proper precautions and limit their interactions with other people, especially larger groups in particular. I heard a radio host on the air try to downplay this pandemic and I just couldn't believe it, it's just so irresponsible to put that message out there on the airwaves, especially knowing what we all know about now in regards to this virus. Echoing everybody else, I hope everybody stays safe and in good health.
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I went in to a Tucson, Arizona, US Walmart supermarket and was shocked at how empty the shelves were compared to other supermarkets within a few miles. Panic buying has gotten ridiculous and there was a long line with about 100 people waiting to buy their ration of toilet paper products.

If you take some time you can find most items available. The restocking is taking place and the cashiers have been working harder than only a few weeks ago.
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

As someone who many moons ago used to work in a supermarket stocking shelves, the one thing I would ask of my friends on here is to please try to be courteous, polite, and respectful to those who work in these places. I know these are stressful times and it sucks when these stores are out of precious items that we need very badly and urgently, but please keeping mind that these poor folks are not the ones responsible for these empty shelves, that they are just doing their jobs and would rather not get yelled at by an irate customer mad because they are out of toilet paper.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Chin up chaps
IMG-20200322-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20200322-WA0003.jpg (48.11 KiB) Viewed 6890 times

Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

tallyho wrote:
4 years ago
Chin up chaps
Balcony?!!? What luxury!!

I think I will take the bathroom-a to bathroom-b cruise deluxe!!

Starting at Bathroom A you will get to stare in wonder at the cavernous closet before sweeping into the master bedroom and its North Facing views of the empty street beyond. Famed for its Ikea bed and matching bedside tables this makes for a fascinating first stop. Then, the voyage continues into the vast space of the living room/kitchen/dining area. With its 65 inch LED TV, the living room provides all the entertainment you need before drifting to the star feature - the island. Furnished with granite this is the photo-op you've been waiting for before heading to the elongated dining table. Those on the deluxe tour then can take in the views from the balcony!

The next day your cruise heads off to the second bedroom. Comprising of a single bed, various movie and teen idol posters adorn the walls while a Playstation 4 offers tour-goers some fun before the cruise ends in bathroom-b!

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

It might end up more like a Cluedo board after I've spent 3 months holed up with Mam

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

And no that's not really my house

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

IMG-20200315-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20200315-WA0003.jpg (63.01 KiB) Viewed 6869 times

Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

tallyho wrote:
4 years ago
It might end up more like a Cluedo board after I've spent 3 months holed up with Mam
Regrettably I suspect many houses may end up like that! Be strong, amigo, wait till there are more suspects in the house first! Plausible deniability is your friend!

DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

My guess: Mam Tally in the walk-in closet with a dustbuster.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

You've cheated

Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Man, I managed to eliminate Bert with the fly swatter in the kitchen and Mighty Hypnotic with the keyboard and mouse in the bedroom and DrD just wins, straight off! Darn it!

In other news it looks like my lock down in Spain will get extended through to mid April ... if the death toll progresses as it has done in Italy then that seems like a very unlikely date the lock down will end. Please stay safe - wherever you are!

Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

bushwackerbob wrote:
4 years ago
As someone who many moons ago used to work in a supermarket stocking shelves, the one thing I would ask of my friends on here is to please try to be courteous, polite, and respectful to those who work in these places. I know these are stressful times and it sucks when these stores are out of precious items that we need very badly and urgently, but please keeping mind that these poor folks are not the ones responsible for these empty shelves, that they are just doing their jobs and would rather not get yelled at by an irate customer mad because they are out of toilet paper.
From what I have observed people are.

If I may add, respect the senior only hours, if you are not a senior; don't go in.
Bert

Ughh. I hate Clue. Let's get some of the women members in here and have a classy game of strip Scrabble!
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

If you get a email entitled "Ding Dong" don't open it - it's just the Jehovah's Witnesses working from home

:giggle:

batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Bert wrote:
4 years ago
Ughh. I hate Clue. Let's get some of the women members in here and have a classy game of strip Scrabble!
I am down to my leather bra and thong panties already....what more can I strip out of??? besides most guys on here don't seem to like petite raven haired goth chics like me in leather or spandex...so I won't bother sharing any pics...
Bert

That's B.A.T.G.I.R.L. on a triple word score for 30 points. Time to drop trou Tally!
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

batgirl1969 wrote:
4 years ago
Bert wrote:
4 years ago
I am down to my leather bra and thong panties already....what more can I strip out of??? besides most guys on here don't seem to like petite raven haired goth chics like me in leather or spandex...so I won't bother sharing any pics...
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

tallyho wrote:
4 years ago
MightyHypnotic wrote:
4 years ago

You got time to sort out the chat? :D

Thanks for the sympathetic comments MH, Bert and every one else.

We all got troubles, some are worse than others and I've no doubt that some here have worse problems than I do. They just haven't mentioned it.
Hope every one gets through this and now is the time to look out for each other and the vulnerable.
Stay safe everybody and help those that you can

I do have time for that. It will cost $40 a month to have the chat we used to have. I am not surprised but I will actually open a thread for that.
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

I'm in for $5 per month.

Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

batgirl1969 wrote:
4 years ago
Bert wrote:
4 years ago
Depending on the body art, Batgirl? If not too much I find it attractive.
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Dazzle1 wrote:
4 years ago
batgirl1969 wrote:
4 years ago
Bert wrote:
4 years ago
not tattooed up at all.....
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Dazzle1 wrote:
4 years ago
batgirl1969 wrote:
4 years ago
Bert wrote:
4 years ago
I will let you decide
20200323_151200.jpg
20200323_151200.jpg (15.06 KiB) Viewed 6748 times
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

batgirl1969 wrote:
4 years ago
Dazzle1 wrote:
4 years ago
batgirl1969 wrote:
4 years ago
Bert wrote:
4 years ago
I will let you decide20200323_151200.jpg
Of what you have allowed us to see: Nice.
Bert

Your move Tally! Let's see some leg!
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

In the UK we just had the PM doing his, "No please actually this is serious FFS" speech.

I feel like this outbreak, in the UK and USA in particular, has suffered from the fact that even a global crisis only gets to make one first impression. For weeks we were told, "It's like flu!" or "It only really affects the elderly!" and the public response has been shaped by that, which in some ways has helped to minimise the fear, but in more important ways people should be scared. We should have been as scared as we are now two weeks ago. Everything up to now has just been a roller coaster clanking and creaking up to the top of the highest ramp.

Le sigh.

Also who said they don't like goth chicks? Like seriously. Nobody doesn't like goth chicks. It's science.
Bert

I'd double like Dogfish's comment if I could. Well, I'd actually single like it if I could.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

If anyone is wondering how to keep the kids busy indoors for 3months just start a really REALLY long game of hide and seek

TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Dogfish wrote:
4 years ago
Also who said they don't like goth chicks? Like seriously. Nobody doesn't like goth chicks. It's science.
Pretty sure that was just snark on her part. :)
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Hey everybody. I have an unscheduled three days off at my job. I am in quarantine. Apparently I worked next to somebody 10 days ago who tested positive for the virus but has no symptoms. Why am I hearing about this just today? I have no symptoms and feel fine. I am not going anywhere, figuratively or otherwise. No, I will not be the selfish dick who goes out and spreads this thing to unsuspecting innocent people. This will give me time to check out that tiger thing on Netflix.
Bert

To the best of my knowledge, the incubation period is 2 to 12 days with 8 being the average. It sounds like you are just about out of the woods. Stay safe!
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I am back home In good old Baltimore MD!!! home sweet home....safe.in our bunker lol....I have my sister and 2 blondes with me so I am good with being on lockdown
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Good on you Bob
IMG-20200330-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20200330-WA0000.jpg (333.61 KiB) Viewed 6619 times
Stay safe every one and keep the spirits up

Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

batgirl1969 wrote:
4 years ago
I am back home In good old Baltimore MD!!! home sweet home....safe.in our bunker lol....I have my sister and 2 blondes with me so I am good with being on lockdown
When does the Livestream begin, and will it be on Twitch, Youtube, Facebook or Pornhub?

AEM

AvaHeinz
Producer
Producer

G'Day

I am in Australia, yes, that was the very big island that people generally mistaken for a continent.

Anyway, the update for today is that we have 4561 confirmed case, 19 people has died.

For us in the State of New South Wales, we are under something called level/stage 3 lockdown. Which mean you cannot go out of your home unless you have a valid reason, and that can only be one of the 6 official reason those are, seeking medical help, shopping for food, exercise (alone or with another person), work, school and compassionate ground, like attending a funeral Police do random checks and if you are caught in the street and you are not doing the one of the six things, they will fine you for A$11,000

Work for us is gone, as you may know, we are a producer of superhero content. Since the government only allow 2 people maximum indoor and out door (except for close family member or housemate) that mean we can no longer shoot anything, all the project we have is now on hold, and the Australian Government said it would be in place for 6 months.

So, now, I have joined the 6.5 millions people in unemployment (They call it jobseeker payment here), well, I have never applied for social benefit before, and this is new for me.....(And 6.5 millions may seems like a small number, but we only have a 24 million population, which mean 1/4 of Australia are out of the job). I need to wait for my application to be approved before I can get $1100 a fortnight, which is at 12 April, by then I should be living on the street......

Supermarket wise, things are quite bad here, we have 3 major supermarket chain Woolworths, Coles and Aldi. All 3 have run out of the same things and different things all the time. I have not seen a bag of pasta since End of February...And I have been able to get 60 rolls of TP out of pure luck, that is they are stocking it when I walk in the supermarket. Everything in the supermarket is rationed. In general, you cannot get more than 2 of the same type of item. And some item are limited to 1 per customer (like TP, Hand Sanitizer, Pasta and so on).

About our government. I think the government of Australia (or to most other countries as well), for us, most Australian think our government did not do enough to stop the virus from coming in. We know there are this coronavirus back in Mid-January, but we did nothing to tackle it. Basically just waiting for it to come ashore. We banned Direct Flight from China in February, but we should instead simply close our border to everyone. But the government didn't because they think it will "damage" the economy, Instead, we have live on as usual until mid-March. Where the situation started to get worse, then in 2 weeks, we come from Sport still plays and shops still open before on the 17th of March, to the stage 3 restriction we have implemented just yesterday...

Anyway, stay safe all, and I hope to keep making Superhero Content once they government unban public gathering.

Thanks
Ava
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Abductorenmadrid wrote:
4 years ago
batgirl1969 wrote:
4 years ago
When does the Livestream begin, and will it be on Twitch, Youtube, Facebook or Pornhub?

AEM
ohhh! Sorry...I forgot to share the link for our livestream on Twitch saturday night, we had a "We taint afraid of no Ghosts or virus" contest,,,Winner was to be chosen who had the smallest taint measurment, we took our friend Amber to the extreme with an inflatable buttplug and inflatable kong dong.....we stretched her to the limits and smashed it to less than a 1/4 of an inch....the excitment got the best of us!!! sorry you guys missed it
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

Wow, and here I thought I had an exciting game of Scrabble when I got a 50-pt bonus for a seven-letter word: wankers. Seems like we run in different circles, BG1969.

:blush:

Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

For those of you who are healthy.

Think about giving blood
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Dazzle1 wrote:
4 years ago

Think about giving blood
Here here, well said. I'm asthmatic so cant give blood but I have previously donated for 22 years. Each pint can save up to 8 premature babies (even mine though it was 40% proof!)

It really doesn't hurt (a lot less than stubbing your toe or hitting your funny bone) and saves lives.

So if you want fresh air and are not at risk venture forth and be a real hero :thumbup:

TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Dazzle1 wrote:
4 years ago

Think about giving blood
Lots of complications with this. First off, how do you know you are healthy? You can't really know for sure unless you get tested and testing is still very limited. There aren't enough tests.

I suppose if you have been holed up for 2 weeks and are absolutely sure you've had no contact with anything or anyone, you would assume you are safe.

But then there's the issue of where to go. Do you go to a hospital? A blood drive? All of those would involve leaving home (which we have all been asked not to do) and enter into the presence of other people well within the 6-feet range we should all be observing.

Presumably blood banks and other such places may have solutions for this, but it's no longer a trivial undertaking. :(
IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

I have two friends who have had it. One recovered and was released from the hospital yesterday. The other died over the weekend.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

TIEnTEEZ wrote:
4 years ago
Dazzle1 wrote:
4 years ago

Think about giving blood
Lots of complications with this. First off, how do you know you are healthy? You can't really know for sure unless you get tested and testing is still very limited. There aren't enough tests.

I suppose if you have been holed up for 2 weeks and are absolutely sure you've had no contact with anything or anyone, you would assume you are safe.

But then there's the issue of where to go. Do you go to a hospital? A blood drive? All of those would involve leaving home (which we have all been asked not to do) and enter into the presence of other people well within the 6-feet range we should all be observing.

Presumably blood banks and other such places may have solutions for this, but it's no longer a trivial undertaking. :(
I finished giving a couple of hours ago. they are going to take your temperature test your blood. Blood drives are at religous insitutions, health clubs office parks etc.

Depending on where you are we have been asked not to congregate in groups.

Although we need to take precautions, we can not panic as much of the media wants us to do.