Brexit Superhero Group

Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I am not kidding

https://www.wsj.com/articles/marvels-ne ... eatst_pos3

The creator want to use new characters: No Captain Britain or Shamrock.

Note to creator having a round shield with the British Lion for the team leader, not original.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Government forecasts yesterday predict the US trade deal likely to be worth 0.16% to economy of UK over next 15years, compared with 7.6% that the EU relationship is likely to cost us over same period. If that seems like economic madness that's because it is literally insane. We are the first country in history to ever vote to be worse off and implement that madness. We don't need superheroes we need f'in' miracle workers.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Oh God there's a Welsh one. His Superpower is gonna be blind ignorance that getting twice as much money as you pay in is like winning the lottery every time you play.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

:Faceplam:

"Too Soon" comes to mind!
My avatar courtesy of https://www.deviantart.com/sleepy-comics

My current story is Supergirl V Bane

This is all the stuff I've done here but don't tell anyone about this!
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

tallyho wrote:
4 years ago
Government forecasts yesterday predict the YS trade deal likely to be worth 0.16% to economy of UK over next 15years, compared with 7.6% that the EU relationship is likely to cost us over same period. If that seems like economic madness that's because it is literally insane. We are the first country in history to ever vote to be worse off and implement that madness. We don't need superheroes we need f'in' miracle workers.
The economic benefit to the U.S and U.K not having to deal with Brussells is obvious.

U.K is better off.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Our economy is going to be £15bn a year worse off on the back of ten years of austerity. No one has any money I have not had a pay rise above inflation in 13 years and my pay has risen $800 dollars in that time, which with annual inflation is the equivalent of a 30-40%pay cut in real terms. 60% of our trade is with Europe 20%is with US and we trade at a surplus with them so Trump is gonna want that to go the other way so 80%of our trade is going to worsen of the remainder China Japan and Canada have all signed deals with EU so we are left with India which want s more immigration which was the whole point of voting for leave supposedly. The YS also wants the right to veto our trading partners so it can scupper deals with countries it opposes like China, so where is the boom going to come from.
What are the obvious benefits of being economically poorer and please define 'better off'
EU only had a say in 3% of UK political decision making so taking back control is going to be deficult when we still had control anyway.
IF you have some actual facts as to how things are going to be better rather than blind optimism I would love to hear it.

shevek
Producer
Producer

Looks interesting, and there are three female characters who could possibly be drawn beautifully, depending on the artist (there have been gorgeous British superheroines, remembering the likes of Spitfire, etc.) but it seems very weird that the very progressive-leaning Marvel would endorse a Brexit-themed superteam? I've seen nothing about this on the Youtube channels so I wonder if this is really panning out? One article below says the concept has "divided the Internet" but I've heard nobody talking about this at all in the States - maybe it's just controversial in Europe because no Americans really care about it?

(Meanwhile everything on the Internet that I've seen has been about the twin public relations disasters of New Warriors #1 and Children of the Atom #1, both of which were announced this week.)

Regardless, the WSJ has a paywall in front of it, so here are a couple of other articles that might be easier to read (although Bleeding Cool has tons of annoying pop-ups and an even more annoying editor by the name of Rich Johnston...along with his 100 other shortcomings, he's apparently against "boob windows"). Coming from progressive-leaning media, they are of course all critical of the concept. (The team might be called The Union).

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/02/13 ... es-empyre/

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/marvel- ... -the-union

https://www.indy100.com/article/marvel- ... se-9351201