Black Scorpion (2017)

shevek
Producer
Producer

Hey, folks - apparently there's a Black Scorpion comic book that was published in 2017 by TidalWave Productions
(Darren G. Davis, who used to publish The 10th Muse and Legend of Isis on Image in the early 2000s).

Looks like a four or five issue series which was collected into a trade.
Here's a look at it online:
https://graphitecomics.com/i/t1rRmKZLtR

I just ordered a physical copy of the 102-page trade paperback from Books-A-Million. Will report back when it arrives!
shevek
Producer
Producer

Forgot to mention that I received the Black Scorpion TPB a couple weeks back.
Since it's the only Black Scorpion collection that apparently exists, I figured some people on this forum might be interested.

The story basically covers the origin of Black Scorpion and her first case vs The Breathtaker.
Covers by Azim Akberali are high-rated, I'd give them a 9. Great action shot on the outside, and a pinup on the inside where she poses sexily in a post-apocalyptic landspace.
Writing on the stories by Paul J. Salamoff is OK. There's a good amount of action, and I like that there aren't any long-winded dialogues. I give it a 7.
The interior art by Daniel Cuchacovich and Erick Marquez, however, is a bit of a step down. It's standard indie comic book level art. It serves the story, and she looks good in her costume, but overall it's nothing amazing. But I'd rather look at it than, say, Michael Von Oeming. I give it a 5.5.

So overall, this book is about a 7. But it's a good memento of the Black Scorpion / Roger Corman mythos to go along with your collection of the series (which I have on DVD), especially since there's little else. I think the only other Black Scorpion comic is a one-shot crossover with The Legend of Isis (that's the character of the actual goddess Isis..not the DC version with a secret identity of Andrea Thomas/Adrianna Tomaz). If I can find that somehow, I'll post about it in this same thread.

Roger Corman's Black Scorpion is available from Books-A-Million and probably other websites too, so check it out!