Tarot: Witch of the Black Rose (Broadsword)

shevek
Producer
Producer

So I noticed that the scan of Tarot: Witch of the Black Rose #105 was just posted on a certain Site That Shall Not Be Named.

This reminded me that I should long ago have mentioned about the existence of this comic, for those of you who are as of yet unaware.
Tarot is probably the longest continuous running cheesecake/sexy comic of all time, having been started in 2000 by Jim Balent who does
both the writing and the art, for his micro-indie Broadsword Comics.

The colorist and letterer for the comics has always been Holly Golightly, who is also known for her longrunning underground garage-rock career. Originally from the UK, Holly was in an all-female garage-rock band in the 90s called The Headcoatees who were the sexy distaff version of Billy Childish's band Thee Headcoats.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holly_Gol ... (singer%29
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thee_Headcoatees
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holly_Golightly_(comics)
Holly and Jim Balent are married. What a hot woman, even at age 52!
She has dressed up as Tarot, as well as the character Catress from Broadsword's 3 Little Kittens miniseries (check out her cosplay below). So I'm surprised, living in California, that she's never done any SHIP work since she'd be perfect for it.

Anyway, Tarot is the story of a witch named Rowan whose nemesis is her sister Raven Hex. Her adventures involve lots of wiccan and sorcery
fanservice, tons of lesbian sex, and fantastically sexy costumes. Also peril and lots of use of powers. Not sure what more one could ask for
being a member of this forum. Check it out if you never have.

Here are two panels from all the way back in Tarot #1 (essentially her origin explanation) demonstrating her sexy transformation into her costume. I know that there are so many issues that reading through all of them might seem daunting, but over the next few months I hope to post lots of highlights in this thread, all the while indicating which issues they are from.

Enjoy!
tarot1.jpg
tarot1.jpg (407.6 KiB) Viewed 905 times
tarot2.jpg
tarot2.jpg (394.62 KiB) Viewed 905 times
hollycatress.jpg
hollycatress.jpg (868.23 KiB) Viewed 903 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

Another thing that's really cool and sexy about Tarot: Witch of the Black Rose is the attention to sexy cosplay. In every issue (as you can see here) Holly Lightly dresses up as some kind of hot heroine - in this one she is literally cosplaying the character she helped create with Jim Balent: Raven Hex, the evil sister of Tarot. And at the end of most of the books, there are also "Broadsword Girls" - amateur pin-up model wannabees who sent in a sexy sword-and-sorcery photo of themselves for some kind of small reward from the comic book company. Your mileage may vary on those - some are sexier than others - but still it's one of the few instances of a truly "interactive" relationship with one's readers. Here's some stuff from #2.
tarot1.jpg
tarot1.jpg (315.17 KiB) Viewed 784 times
tarot2.jpg
tarot2.jpg (521.87 KiB) Viewed 784 times
tarot3.jpg
tarot3.jpg (378.15 KiB) Viewed 784 times
tarot4.jpg
tarot4.jpg (371.79 KiB) Viewed 784 times
tarot5.jpg
tarot5.jpg (431.87 KiB) Viewed 784 times
tarot6.jpg
tarot6.jpg (443.95 KiB) Viewed 784 times