3 Rivers Comicon, May 11-12, 2019

Cosplay Discussion, Releases, Pics & Clips
shevek
Producer
Producer

Here's the report from Heroineburgh at 3 Rivers Comicon, which took place this past weekend in Homestead, PA in the old Macy's building.
The Con is sponsored by the local chain of comic book stores, New Dimension Comics. The owners are amazing guys who really care about the local scene.

Last year, we brought legendary writer/artist Bill Messner-Loebs to this Con, but this year we concentrated on running a theater room (Panel Room B) where episodes of Heroineburgh were shown for several hours, as well as episodes from Australia's Superhero Project (produced by Ava from this very forum!), episodes of the locally produced series Theo and the Professor, and various locally produced sci-fi, superhero and geek culture shorts. Of course, there were still plenty of comic book luminaries in attendance, including Ron Frenz, Robert Hack, Michael Golden, Josh Blaylock and more.

We sponsored Bella, who portrayed the character Caracal from Ava's series, Superhero Project. And many of our own Heroineburgh actresses were in attendance. On Day 1, we welcomed Red Gina (Jessica), Hellfyra (Sasaya), Sintilla (Alicia), Gardenia (Laura) and Darbouka (Tiffany), plus Mesmera (Devon) and Zinnia (Mary Beth) also helped us in civilian guise.

Caracal, Hellfyra, Red Gina and Sintilla combine for the most powerful lineup at the Con!
Comicon - Bella with Hburgh cast 2 twitter deviantart.JPG
Comicon - Bella with Hburgh cast 2 twitter deviantart.JPG (5.45 MiB) Viewed 2507 times
Caracal and Red Gina.
Comicon - Bella with Red Gina photo 1.JPG
Comicon - Bella with Red Gina photo 1.JPG (5.66 MiB) Viewed 2507 times
Red Gina meets Sintilla.
IMG_0099.JPG
IMG_0099.JPG (5.62 MiB) Viewed 2507 times
As salaam, Darbouka! She shows off her sketch by artist/vendor Monster D.
3 rivers comicon darbouka.jpg
3 rivers comicon darbouka.jpg (48.26 KiB) Viewed 2507 times
Hellyra and Gardenia guard the booth.
IMG_0103 facebook.JPG
IMG_0103 facebook.JPG (5.91 MiB) Viewed 2507 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

Day 2 was just as fruitful, as we continued to show both the Heroineburgh episodes as well as the other productions in the theater room.
We met some new creatives who we're going to work with in the near future, and also cemented an amazing deal with a local publication
which will be announced soon.

On the heroine front, Heroineburgh was well represented on the Con floor with Vaporia (Josalynn), Etherea (Maura), Jinniyya (Kirstin) and X-Machina (Serra) roaming around, answering questions about the series and distributing the stickers by amazing artist Jason Wright (including the new 'Antiheroineburgh #2') design seen below. A great conclusion to the Con!

Bella returned as Superhero Project's Caracal for a second day.
Comicon - Bella as Caracal photo 3.JPG
Comicon - Bella as Caracal photo 3.JPG (5.78 MiB) Viewed 2506 times
Jinniyya becomes friends with Etherea - it's the first time they saw each other since the big Heroine League conference in Episode 13.
IMG_0113.JPG
IMG_0113.JPG (5.68 MiB) Viewed 2506 times
Jinniyya and Etherea observe a temporary truce with violent villainess Vaporia - at least long enough for the photo opportunity.
IMG_0115.JPG
IMG_0115.JPG (6.79 MiB) Viewed 2506 times
Jinniyya can't take flight into the stratosphere while techno-engineer X-Machina is holding her down with her magnetic power suit and cute black boots.
IMG_0122.JPG
IMG_0122.JPG (7.15 MiB) Viewed 2506 times
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

wow!! great line up! I wish I could have made that trip!! Any chance Sintilla could put Caracal into some wrestling or submission holds? THAT would be awesome!! I love the Sintilla costume...so kinky! she needs my grooming spiky gloves to wear
shevek
Producer
Producer

batgirl1969 wrote:
5 years ago
wow!! great line up! I wish I could have made that trip!! Any chance Sintilla could put Caracal into some wrestling or submission holds? THAT would be awesome!! I love the Sintilla costume...so kinky! she needs my grooming spiky gloves to wear
Yes..with her Selina Kyle catsuit and mask, and her rubber paddle weapons, Sintilla (who debuted in Episode 14) is clearly our 'fetish' themed villainess. Alicia, the actress who plays her, is very adventurous and outgoing, as well as being a classic pop-culture nerd. Her background in go-go and burlesque dancing makes her perfect for the part, and she has no problem playing up the kinky and mischievious nature of her character.

However, the largest contingent that came out for Heroineburgh at the Con actually showed up for Gardenia (Laura), who brought her family and friends to see her debut in Episode 15. The theater room was fairly full for that particular showing.

As for Caracal, we may be working with the actress, Bella, for a joint Heroineburgh / Superhero Project production in the near future, so stay tuned to see if that pans out. Next on our list, however, is writing the script for Episode 16 (to be filmed in June/July) and getting the inaugural issue of the comic book (see the Comics subforum for samples) ready for two more Cons in July and August.

Thanks for the good words, batgirl1969!
AvaHeinz
Producer
Producer

shevek wrote:
5 years ago
batgirl1969 wrote:
5 years ago
Yes..with her Selina Kyle catsuit and mask, and her rubber paddle weapons, Sintilla (who debuted in Episode 14) is clearly our 'fetish' themed villainess. Alicia, the actress who plays her, is very adventurous and outgoing, as well as being a classic pop-culture nerd. Her background in go-go and burlesque dancing makes her perfect for the part, and she has no problem playing up the kinky and mischievious nature of her character.

However, the largest contingent that came out for Heroineburgh at the Con actually showed up for Gardenia (Laura), who brought her family and friends to see her debut in Episode 15. The theater room was fairly full for that particular showing.

As for Caracal, we may be working with the actress, Bella, for a joint Heroineburgh / Superhero Project production in the near future, so stay tuned to see if that pans out. Next on our list, however, is writing the script for Episode 16 (to be filmed in June/July) and getting the inaugural issue of the comic book (see the Comics subforum for samples) ready for two more Cons in July and August.

Thanks for the good words, batgirl1969!
Actually, "Caracal" is a place holder name, the one Bella will be playing is not going to be Caracal because Caracal team is basically refer to Maya and Yelena (Played by beautiful Ophir and Victoria) and the same way Lynx team is refer to Andy (or Andrea) and Anita (Annie). We will probably get another name for the Caracal Agent in US to which Bella will play.

Check your mail box soon, I am going to reply to your email later tonight when I have more time.

Also cannot wait until Spanova Sydney for our next collab

Thanks
Ava
The Superhero Project
shevek
Producer
Producer

We have this video clip from Day 1.

Superhero universes cross over as the Australian heroine (temporarily named) Caracal meets Pittsburgh's raging Red Gina,
and luckily nobody gets hurt too much!

shevek
Producer
Producer

Well...found a whole suite of photos taken at 3 Rivers Comicon by a cosplay photography by the name of Random Fauxphotography.
Spotlighting several of our gorgeous heroines - Red Gina, Hellfyra, Sintilla, and the Superhero Project's Caracal.
Enjoy!
sintilla comicon random 1.jpg
sintilla comicon random 1.jpg (111.74 KiB) Viewed 2215 times
sintilla comicon random 2.jpg
sintilla comicon random 2.jpg (84.85 KiB) Viewed 2215 times
3 rivers comicon sintilla powerstance.jpg
3 rivers comicon sintilla powerstance.jpg (85.64 KiB) Viewed 2215 times
caracal comicon 1.jpg
caracal comicon 1.jpg (79.74 KiB) Viewed 2215 times
caracal comicon 2.jpg
caracal comicon 2.jpg (94.05 KiB) Viewed 2215 times
caracal comicon 4.jpg
caracal comicon 4.jpg (83.94 KiB) Viewed 2215 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

hellfyra comicon random 1.jpg
hellfyra comicon random 1.jpg (94.96 KiB) Viewed 2214 times
hellfyra comicon random 2.jpg
hellfyra comicon random 2.jpg (89.61 KiB) Viewed 2214 times
red gina comicon random 1.jpg
red gina comicon random 1.jpg (115.66 KiB) Viewed 2214 times
red gina comicon random 2.jpg
red gina comicon random 2.jpg (75.98 KiB) Viewed 2214 times
red gina comicon random 3.jpg
red gina comicon random 3.jpg (87.59 KiB) Viewed 2214 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

Out of the blue, Alicia (the actress who plays Sintilla) just decided to post a photo she took in the dressing room right after suiting up for
Three Rivers Con. So here's a gorgeous 90s comic book style epilogue photo for the Con...and Sintilla will be coming up with us to Erie PA in July.
3 rivers comicon sintilla dressing room.jpg
3 rivers comicon sintilla dressing room.jpg (74.04 KiB) Viewed 2095 times