Hi, my other alter-ego is an artist

For the new recruits! Come say hi!
MrMothman
Neophyte
Neophyte

Salutations fans of heroines and damsels!
I've always been particularly fascinated (obsessed) by the allure of costumed beauty and danger, I've even visited this site in the past. More so I've been biten by a non radioactive art bug recently and would like to give back to a community that has fueled my imagination.

My skills as an artist are still very rough, I don't even have an Instagram, Twitter or deviantart to post my work due to a lack of confidence...but maybe one day.

Though I'd like to hear from you: who's your favorite heroine that doesn't get enough art, ones that you never tire of seeing drawn or maybe an OC? I'm interested

At this time I'm more into doing cartoony pin ups, nothing too explicit but cheeky. I work in physical mediums, such as pencil and black ink. I hope to use color soon.

'What do I hope to accomplish by posting here?'
I want to improve my art and have an excuse to draw more superheroines!

Best Regards:
MrMothman
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

Welcome, Mr.Mothman. Thanks for swarming here to the light! I hope it's not too hot for you here. You're welcome amongst fellows and gals to our humble site. If you have any questions about how things work or how to get the most out of what's available here, don't hesitate to ask me or the other welcomer here, Tallyho. (You might have to nudge him a bit, he's hard of hearing!!) Here's hoping you get feedback on your question and that you enjoy your time here either contributing ideas, commenting on threads and stories or just glomming on the many visual treats put before us by many talented people in this community.

As for art I can never get enough of, it's Supergirl. The heroine who doesn't get enough love is Black Canary. An OC, hmmm, maybe an evil version of a female Robin, out to undermine Batman and Batgirl. Just tossing that out there.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Hello and welcome to the forum. We have a clips and pictures area, feel free to post your work and maybe start a thread in the lounge on what people like as not everybody swings by the introduction page.

See, helpful practical advice.I am SO much better than that other meeter and greeter who shall remain NAMELESS.
(as well as remaining clueless) :giggle:
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Bert

Welcome! As for heroines who don't get enough attention, my vote goes to pre-crisis Huntress, Helena Wayne.

One of my favorite comic panels ever.
RCO021_1462206088a.jpg
RCO021_1462206088a.jpg (205.49 KiB) Viewed 1349 times
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

tallyho wrote:
3 years ago
We have a clips and pictures area...
Care to explain what the heck this means? And I'm the clueless one?

:blink:
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Clips dammit a clips and pictures area
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Damselbinder

Hello, Mr Moth guy.

As far as superheroines of whom I never tire, Black Cat is, even more than Catwoman to me, the quintessential catburglar femme fatale, partly because she's so obviously on the side of right. She manages to combine the sultriness of Selina Kyle with the innocence of Gwen Stacy. Somehow.

As far as OCs go... well, I have a few creations of my own, so perhaps those don't count.
argento
Elder Member
Elder Member

Perhaps in time, popularity will change. Batman makes the difference if Felicia would have an affair with Him, then She would be more than Selina.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Those who are connecting the interests between Selina and Felicia (really, when it comes down to it, the only difference between them is that Selina was self-taught as an orphan thief from the streets, while Felicia took up the profession of her father) should
note that preceding the both of them was the Harvey Comics heroine The Black Cat, who set the standard for all the feline-themed
female characters to emerge from both the Marvel and DC stables later on. In the freewheeling pre-code era, her costume was extremely sexy and revealing, to match anything coming out of a SHIP video today. Because of the name, I'm not sure if she could be brought back to some level of re-issued prominence like Dynamite Comics did with some of the other Golden Age characters (Miss Masque, Miss Fury, etc) but it sure would be nice.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Cat_(Harvey_Comics)