You May Find Yourself Having To Log In Again

Info regarding this website!
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

I just changed a setting on the forum (Had to be done) And you might find yourself logged out but in the long run you should experience fewer of those because of this change.
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Here is how to fully clear out your cookies from superheroineforum.com without wiping ALL your cookies from other sites.. These instructions are for Chrome.

click on the 3 vertical dots on the upper right hand side of your Chrome browser, click SETTINGS
click SHOW ADVANCED SETTINGS at the bottom of the page (It might already be open)

under PRIVACY click CONTENT SETTINGS...

under COOKIES click ALL COOKIES & SITE DATA..

in the popup enter superheroineforum in the search box

click the X on the right hand side next to all superheroineforum.com entries (Should only be 1 or 2)

and then you'll have cleared out all the cookies and can start fresh.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Why am I now hearing "Life During Wartime" in my head :)
But seriously..it worked...thanks!
Renegade
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

FYI, This sequence worked out for me on Firefox:
1. From the Firefox button or the Tools menu return to Options – Privacy panel.

2. Select Firefox will: Use custom settings for history.

3. Click the Show Cookies button.

4. Use the search box to enter the name of the website or scroll down the folder lists to locate the website whose cookies you want to delete.

5. Select the cookie (folder) in the located list and click on Remove Cookie.
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

how can I do this for safari? i had to log into chrome which i have almost never used to follow your instructions to be able to post but i really need this for safari. has anyone figured it out please?
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Just google delete cookies for website safari and that should do it for you.

Basically all you need to do is delete the cookies because they were corrupted in a recent change.
DonShip
Overlord
Overlord

I'm back! Did you miss me?

Okay, I wasn't really gone. I just couldn't log in until I noticed that bright red banner.
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I am back too....I was sweating like I was being put through a hard workout not being able to log back in...
xxxwarriorxxx
Overlord
Overlord

I have trouble getting to the site-- not logging in.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Have you followed both instructions to delete cookies via your browser as above and then select 'Delete Board Cookies' at the foot of the front page, in that order (browser first, then board?) .
That allowed me back in but I am still having periodical connection issues where I am getting 'site is not available'.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
xxxwarriorxxx
Overlord
Overlord

Yeah- I am using Internet Explorer- not many options for that. Just clear history and all cookies after each use.
xxxwarriorxxx
Overlord
Overlord

I am also having issues with "site unavailable". That is all-- never issues actually logging in.
viking
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

xxxwarriorxxx wrote:I am also having issues with "site unavailable". That is all-- never issues actually logging in.
That is my primary issue as well.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I get it a few times a night but nothing so far tonight

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

The database was taking too much free space. I fixed that and the site should be a lot more stable now.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Let's hope so for all our sakes. The mood of the mob was turning ugly

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Just died on me know at 5:41 your time, twice in a minute then came back - message is SITE could not be reached then the forum address and 'took too long to respond'

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Just GOT A 522 message a minute ago

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Yes, so far so good for me, today

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I had a 522 earlier via my phone, been ok on my lap top

Doctor Outcome
Overlord
Overlord

I'm logged in right now, but when I went to the stories thread for a moment, I noticed that I had to log back in. Hopefully this is just a temporary thing for me though.
'Underestimate your enemy in battle, odds are, you won't live to see another one'
Doctor Outcome
Overlord
Overlord

Hey gang,

Despite a few barricades on the forum, I managed to get another review up on the review boards. Took me quite a few log ins to get it posted, but it's up.

Hey Mighty Hypnotic, I think there might be some problems with the smileys. That's part of what's been logging me out when I try to utilize them...just a quick heads up.
'Underestimate your enemy in battle, odds are, you won't live to see another one'
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Does anyone else read that thread title in the style of David Byrne?

Same as it ever was...
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Yes I longed for the sound intro. Have you seen Kermit's version that they did on the relaunched Muppets 20 years ago? It was awesome!

On the technical front I have an odd situation where one of my Android mobiles has worked (clearing cookies etc) the other one shows me as permanently logged off and I can't log on.(I'm not trying to do the same simultaneously with the one where it has worked, I am only trying to log in one at a time)

TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Heroine Addict wrote:Does anyone else read that thread title in the style of David Byrne?

Same as it ever was...
Well, I can't avoid it now. :-P
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

tallyho wrote:Yes I longed for the sound intro. Have you seen Kermit's version that they did on the relaunched Muppets 20 years ago? It was awesome!
OMG, how did I not know about this!?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCY0aeUx-Ns
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Ya listen to it and all your technical woes just....disappear!

MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Doctor Outcome wrote:I'm logged in right now, but when I went to the stories thread for a moment, I noticed that I had to log back in. Hopefully this is just a temporary thing for me though.

It is, but we switched the cookies cover the whole domain (www.superheroineforum.com) instead of just the forum (www.superheroineforum.com/forum/) this is the reason those cookies need to be deleted and start fresh...
Doctor Outcome
Overlord
Overlord

MightyHypnotic wrote:
Doctor Outcome wrote:I'm logged in right now, but when I went to the stories thread for a moment, I noticed that I had to log back in. Hopefully this is just a temporary thing for me though.

It is, but we switched the cookies cover the whole domain (http://www.superheroineforum.com) instead of just the forum (http://www.superheroineforum.com/forum/) this is the reason those cookies need to be deleted and start fresh...
Sorry for the late reply MightyHypnotic. I understand...a friend of mine want to know will being in 'incognito mode' on one's web browser cause an automatic log-out when clicking on something also.
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Doctor Outcome wrote:
MightyHypnotic wrote:

It is, but we switched the cookies cover the whole domain (http://www.superheroineforum.com) instead of just the forum (http://www.superheroineforum.com/forum/) this is the reason those cookies need to be deleted and start fresh...
Sorry for the late reply MightyHypnotic. I understand...a friend of mine want to know will being in 'incognito mode' on one's web browser cause an automatic log-out when clicking on something also.

It shouldn't. The only difference with incognito mode is that all the cookies and browsing history are stored in temporary directories instead of the usual directories. These temp directories get removed once you shut down your incognito browsing session.

So his experience should be the same as before and he shouldn't have to keep logging in as long as he keeps his browser open. If he shuts it, he will have to login again.

I am assuming, of course, that your friend is a "he"
Doctor Outcome
Overlord
Overlord

MightyHypnotic wrote:
Doctor Outcome wrote:
MightyHypnotic wrote:

It shouldn't. The only difference with incognito mode is that all the cookies and browsing history are stored in temporary directories instead of the usual directories. These temp directories get removed once you shut down your incognito browsing session.

So his experience should be the same as before and he shouldn't have to keep logging in as long as he keeps his browser open. If he shuts it, he will have to login again.

I am assuming, of course, that your friend is a "he"
I understand. He was on google chrome and I told them to try a session utilizing Internet Explorer and see if they can still stay in. I'm using Internet Explorer right now as I've been getting kicked our several times since I've been on here trying to respond to you and several other people. Hopefully, there shouldn't be any problems now though.

*Yes...it's a 'he'.
Doctor Outcome
Overlord
Overlord

Actually, no. Scratch that.

I'm still being kicked out even on Internet Explorer. I just tried to send a message to someone and when I click on there name, I'm logged off.

Cookies have been cleared off and everything and there's no change on my end.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Anyone else? If so pipe up, stating what you were using, (lap top, desk top , phone) what you were trying to do etc

Doctor Outcome
Overlord
Overlord

tallyho wrote:Anyone else? If so pipe up, stating what you were using, (lap top, desk top , phone) what you were trying to do etc
I'm on my laptop and I'm trying to reply to people and send messages. I may have to screen record something to show what's going on.
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

You might have to delete your cookies again, now that you are validated on the blog...once you are in sync, you are good....
heroinehunter
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

This 'logging in' problem is getting to be too much....
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

What browser are you using.

If it's Chrome, click the 3 vertical dots up in the right hand corner.

Click Settings.

At the bottom click Show Advanced Settings.

Under PRIVACY

CLick Content Settings...

Under COOKIES

Click All Cookies And Site Data...

Search for superheroineforum.com

Delete all those entries.

Close your browser, open it up clean and login again.
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

:lol:
Last edited by Richpartist 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Also another method is to click on the Blog and login through there. That is actually the master database now and you should be auto logged in to the forum when you log in at the front page.
xxxwarriorxxx
Overlord
Overlord

I haven't been able to log on multiple times to the forum, or even get to the main page a few times this week- are there still issues?
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes, it's an issue with the new server they assigned us... Not enough memory, I am working it out with our host now...