Brave New World (2020)

Discussions about Movies & TV shows not "Super" related.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Just finished going all the way through Brave New World, which is co-written by comic book legend Grant Morrison, so you might
want to take a look.

It's the Aldous Huxley story with various liberties taken regarding the UK's postmodern mores and woke-ish casting choices plus updates in the technology sector (such as the fact that an AI runs their New London utopia). But you still have the soma drug and the classic castes of Alpha through Epsilon.

Besides the general level of science fiction interest, fans of this forum may be interested in three aspects in particular:

1) All the actresses are amazingly statuesque and beautiful, and they are depicted naked and having sex quite often, even to the point of several mass naked scenes and orgies (imbuing the proceedings with somewhat of a retro-70s vibe). Jessica Findlay (Lenina), Kylie Bunbury (Frannie) and Hannah John-Kamen (Helm) are all highly worth looking at.

2) The lovely costuming on said ladies. Lots of tight dresses and revealing outfits, as well as some scenes with spandex and even a bit of fetish gear.

3) Peril. Especially in the earlier episodes and the finale, there are some serious life-threatening situations.

As far as a science fiction story and a version of Brave New World, it's serviceable, albeit with its own twists. The end is not *super* satisfying because the plot threads become so disparate that it doesn't even seem possible to create a second season, but who knows. Plus some of the middle episodes drag a bit, but not as much as, say, Warrior Nun. Pretty good special effects.

Brave New World is all over the map as far as how it's available across the world.
US: Peacock, which is NBC Universal Studio's streaming service.
UK: Sky One
Canada: Showcase
New Zealand & Oceania: Amazon Prime
Australia: Stan
Russia: KinoPoisk HD
Germany: TVNow
Europe & Spain: Starzplay
Latin America: Warner

Anyone else seen it yet?
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Is the the first movie or the second one with Leonard Nimoy? Or is this a comic?
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

How about a trailer?

-
Demi Moore is in it... (0:26)
Looks kind of interesting....will take a look at the first episodes to check it out.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9814116
-
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Started watching first ep, looks tidy and full of top less gash
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

tallyho wrote:
3 years ago
Started watching first ep, looks tidy and full of top less gash
"Topless gash" Damn that's hot!!!!
shevek
Producer
Producer

Oh yeah, I forgot to say Demi Moore is in it (up to a certain point...) and also that the male star, Alden Ehrenreich, played Han Solo in "Soylo: A Star Wars Soyry". His character is rather soy-based here, as well. :) But he's not the one you're going to be looking at most of the time (unless that's your thing).

Yes, Batgirl, there are some hot scenes in this - mostly hetero but I think at least one lesbian with Lenina and Frannie.