Actors (f/m) you have ...or had a crush on

Discussions about Movies & TV shows not "Super" related.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I guess at least most of us had or have a crush on for some actors from TV or the movies.
And with such a crush you started to watch many (or all) of her (or his) movies or TV shows.
Would like to know more about that!

My first actress I had a crush on was Sandra Bullock in the mid 90's.
Weird from todays perspective as I don't understand what I found so attractive about her.
I remember seeing "Speed" for the first time. I watched that movie 3 times in 2 days.
I also remember being hyped about "A time to kill" with her as it hit the theaters.
For some time I collected most of her movies.
....that helmet haircut was really uncool Sandra....

-
Then it was Lucy Lawless as I became a big fan of Xena in the late 90's.
That show start my taste/desire for strong women who kick some ass, but that's another story.
Besides Xena there wasn't much (good) stuff to watch with her and my crush faded away, even I still find her attractive as she was in her prime as Xena.

-
In the early 2000's the "big three" showed up for me.
I watched most movies of Angelina Jolie, Kate Beckinsale and my all time-favorite....Jessica Biel.

Angelina Jolie in this smashing outfit! And she seems excited as well.....

Well, Kate Beckinsale AND that latex/leather outfit......an EPIC combination! :w00t:

Jessica and her perfectly trained body was the big highlight of this rather....not so good....movie

I still have an extra section for Jessica Biel movies in my DVD/Blu-ray collection, even she isn't in shape anymore and plays only in rather uniniteresting genre movies nowadays (mostly).
But in the movies from the 00's she is in her prime! From time to time I rewatch a movie with her....
The only one of these that is really still attractive nowadays is Kate.
But of course she is now slowly too old to get casted for action movies but she had an interesting role in "The widow" last year.

Enough from me....now it's YOUR turn!
Last edited by Maskripper 3 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
Bert

In no particular order:
A-leather-clad-Diana-Rigg-as-Mrs-Emma-Peel-in-the-racy-scene-in-The-Avengers-that-brought-a-flood-of-complaints-in-1965.jpg
A-leather-clad-Diana-Rigg-as-Mrs-Emma-Peel-in-the-racy-scene-in-The-Avengers-that-brought-a-flood-of-complaints-in-1965.jpg (112.29 KiB) Viewed 2557 times
The simply perfect Diana Rigg as Emma Peel in The Avengers. Reruns brought this to me about ten years after it was made. I'm still a massive fan.
erin-gray.jpg
erin-gray.jpg (243.67 KiB) Viewed 2557 times
Wilma from Buck Rodgers rarely had enough to do in the show, but damn she looked good.
MV5BZGQ5YTgzZTItZWEyZC00Y2IwLWFkOTEtYzcxNWJmNjcwY2QzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjA5MzIxNjQ@._V1_.jpg
MV5BZGQ5YTgzZTItZWEyZC00Y2IwLWFkOTEtYzcxNWJmNjcwY2QzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjA5MzIxNjQ@._V1_.jpg (472.19 KiB) Viewed 2557 times
MV5BMTgyNjM3MzI3OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjU4NDg0MjE@._V1_UY1200_CR485,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg
MV5BMTgyNjM3MzI3OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjU4NDg0MjE@._V1_UY1200_CR485,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg (34.48 KiB) Viewed 2557 times

Jaime Sommers. Just, wow.
Lynda-Carter-Became-an-Alcoholic.jpg
Lynda-Carter-Became-an-Alcoholic.jpg (148.11 KiB) Viewed 2557 times
Wonder Woman was on TV when I was about 12 to 15 years old. That worked out well.
joanna-cameron-6d53495d-a751-488f-ae1d-74a47a85692-resize-750.jpeg
joanna-cameron-6d53495d-a751-488f-ae1d-74a47a85692-resize-750.jpeg (87.14 KiB) Viewed 2557 times
Isis. You know, the seventies weren't so bad!
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

Mine would be WW (Lynda), Isis (Joanna Cameron) and:

Supergirl (Helen Slater)
Check out my superheroine-related short stories here:

https://archiveofourown.org/users/brdiy/works
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

^ Interesting choices guys!
Even in your cases it seems like you had more like a crush on the role a certain actress played.
Did you watch many other movies with these actresses afterwards?
I mean in my case I started looking up their other roles on IMDB and watched every movie that was interesting from the story/genre/role with them.
-

And keeping in mind that I mentioned Kate Beckinsale and Jessica Biel before....this movie:
(they are both actually the same height)

....was very special for me!
Seeing evil Kate fighting against heroic Jessica in one movie.....was/is fantastic! :w00t:
That's feels like having christmas and birthday at the same day ...for a 5 year old. :yahoo:

P.S.:
...and yeah the original with Schwarzenegger is better overall.......but it had "only" Sharon Stone
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
Bert

Maskripper wrote:
3 years ago
Even in your cases it seems like you had more like a crush on the role a certain actress played.
In my case that was tough to do. Diana Rigg was over a dozen years older and not doing action oriented roles, so no dice there. Lynda Carter did some sort of show with Loni Anderson a few years after Wonder Woman, but it was unwatchable and only lasted half a season. I remember being excited about it before it debuted, and then being deeply disappointed. As many of us have been forced to admit, Carter really isn't much of an actress.

Joanna Cameron disappeared after Isis. Lindsay Wagner and Erin Grey showed up now and then, but again never in action roles. I did follow Helen Slater's career a bit after Supergirl. I liked The Legend of Billie Jean and Ruthless People, both of which I watched simply for Slater's presence.
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

9hFv.gif
9hFv.gif (1.02 MiB) Viewed 2461 times
download.jpeg.jpg
download.jpeg.jpg (8.85 KiB) Viewed 2461 times
Starlight_101_Promo.jpg
Starlight_101_Promo.jpg (19.55 KiB) Viewed 2461 times
plus including a long list of TV anchors....I know weird...but I have met some amazing Blondes in news roles who could EASILY fill the cosplay costumed heroine roles!!
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Bert wrote:
3 years ago
Maskripper wrote:
3 years ago
In my case that was tough to do. Diana Rigg was over a dozen years older and not doing action oriented roles, so no dice there. Lynda Carter did some sort of show with Loni Anderson a few years after Wonder Woman, but it was unwatchable and only lasted half a season. I remember being excited about it before it debuted, and then being deeply disappointed. As many of us have been forced to admit, Carter really isn't much of an actress.

Joanna Cameron disappeared after Isis. Lindsay Wagner and Erin Grey showed up now and then, but again never in action roles. I did follow Helen Slater's career a bit after Supergirl. I liked The Legend of Billie Jean and Ruthless People, both of which I watched simply for Slater's presence.
Slater also starred in a comedy with Michael J Fox , as a love interest. Lindsay Wagner had a short lived series with Celeste Holm. but after that she disappered except for the Bionic movies
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Lindsay Wagner appeared on the SyFy channel as a guest star on shows like "Warehouse 13" but has been doing less and not really action roles. But considering their ages, you shouldn't expect action roles for women in their 50s and 60s.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Visitor wrote:
3 years ago
Lindsay Wagner appeared on the SyFy channel as a guest star on shows like "Warehouse 13" but has been doing less and not really action roles. But considering their ages, you shouldn't expect action roles for women in their 50s and 60s.
But Wagner was a good actress. We are not talking a woman who was chosen just for her looks, aka Tanya Roberts
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Yvonne Craig as Batgirl goes without saying.
I actually liked Sandra Bullock's hair in Speed. I thought she looked cute. But I prefer her in Demolition Man in those skin-tight black pants. :)
Bert

Visitor wrote:
3 years ago
Grin! Since the topic was crushes on actors, I assumed we were talking about our formative years. That's why mine are all from the seventies. Of the actresses I mentioned, none carried on in action roles during the time I would still consider myself vulnerable to crushes.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Yvonne Craig's Bat Girl

Catherine Schell's Maya from Space 1999

Lalla Ward's Romana
bare_thighz
Henchman
Henchman

Remember the jungle girl from the show Arthur Conan Doyle's The Lost World? Then, after that show was Sheena. Oh, the days...
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Jennifer O'Dell was the, and I quote, 'untamed beauty' in Lost World
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

tallyho wrote:
3 years ago
Jennifer O'Dell was the, and I quote, 'untamed beauty' in Lost World
Yeah, I definitely liked her in that show.

I also had a crush on Alicia Silverstone back in the 90's and I was really looking forward to her stepping into the Batgirl role back then. Too bad it turned out to be a horrible movie and we missed the chance to see her don the costume again, as I thought she looked great in it, too.
Check out my superheroine-related short stories here:

https://archiveofourown.org/users/brdiy/works
Damselbinder

From something a bit more recent, Jenna Coleman.

Also the subject of one of the sexiest fainting scenes I've ever scene. Uh, seen.

Lurkndog
Elder Member
Elder Member

Bert wrote:
3 years ago
I would say she is decent given the proper role, but she seems to have made a career out of bad career choices. She really isn't good at picking projects.

She was a great Wonder Woman, and not every actress can make a role like that work. She's just super likeable, which is important for Wonder Woman. Gal Gadot has that too. And any time she has to work with a child actor, she hits it out of the ballpark. She can also wear the costume and deliver the hero dialog without looking self-conscious or campy.

I'm just amazed that after becoming a household name doing Wonder Woman, she did nothing but TV-movies for years. Apart from Bobbie Jo and the Outlaw, her biggest movie roles have been cameos in the Broken Lizard movies. And those happened because the Broken Lizard guys were fans.

As for other favorite actresses, I'll go with a couple of Doctor Who companions:

Louise Jameson as Leela:
Leela.jpeg
Leela.jpeg (51.88 KiB) Viewed 2248 times
And more recently, Billie Piper as Rose Tyler:
Doctor&Rose.jpg
Doctor&Rose.jpg (105.87 KiB) Viewed 2248 times
ArachnaComic
Henchman
Henchman

Where do you start? Lynda Carter, Erin Grey, Joanna Cameron, Yvonne Craig, Lindsay Wagner.
Bert

Dude, you cribbed my list!
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

I think Jenna Coleman was really cute, but I wish she was given better costuming. She comes across as kind of dowdy, despite being one of the cutest companions. I think her and Missy in a spin off would have been pretty cool. Clara as PVC/leather clad UNIT agent tasked with tracking down and capturing Missy. Of course she she is no match for a renegade time lord, so each episode Missy captures her an leaves her in some predicament that is either potentially fatal or humiliating. Because Missy thinks it is such an uneven match, she considers it more of game to see what Predicaments Clara can survive. With limited support from Unit and a time travel bracelet, she chases Missy throughout Earth history.
IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

When I was younger, Judy Strangis (Dyna Girl), Jacklyn Smith of Charlie's Angels, and I've always had a thing for tomboys, which explains my fixation on Kristy McNichol (Family, The End), Lara Jill Miller (Gimme a Break) and Nancy McKeon (Facts of Life).

Currently, Yvette Monreal (Wildcat on Stargirl), Amy Smart (Stargirl's mom), Julie Warner (Michelle in Tommy Boy), Rachelle Brooke Smith (Atomic Shark, Chalk It Up and Center Stage 2) and Missy Peregrym (Stick It).
Last edited by IMSancho 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I really liked Emma Pierson when she and I were younger.

She appeared in Brit comedy series Time Gentleman Please as a student barmaid and in one episode was in a white Basque and suspenders wearing a domino mask as a mouse and I was smitten.
She's a bit older now and was in second series of Killing Eve. Not as cute as she was but then neither am I . Think she would have made a great Batgirl back in the day
4df2685bab524aeb8fb2abc7296048dd.jpg
4df2685bab524aeb8fb2abc7296048dd.jpg (26.08 KiB) Viewed 2037 times
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).