Bates Motel - Final Season

Discussions about Movies & TV shows not "Super" related.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgxVGfRBaD4

With Mother in the fruit cellar and Marion Crane on her way to the motel, the final season is going to be a full adaptation of Psycho. It will certainly be interesting to see how they handle the iconic scenes. (Particularly after Gus Van Sant's awful shot-for-shot remake from 1998.) The key difference being that the audience already knows the situation with Norman and Mother from the start.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I've only seen the first 3 episodes and it didn't interest me. They've started a rum now is worth sticking with it, anybody?
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

It takes some massive liberties with the source material. Particularly when it comes to the shower scene in Season 5. (Having said that, Hitchcock's iconic shower slashing had been a beheading in the original book.)

Looking back after a few years, I find that the Hannibal TV show has lingered in my mind much more than Bates Motel. But then Hannibal had a lot more material to work with. Bates Motel is stretching the content from a very thin book over five seasons.

If you didn't take to it after the first few episodes, you might find the five seasons to be a bit of a slog.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
Damselbinder

Heroine Addict wrote:
3 years ago
It takes some massive liberties with the source material. Particularly when it comes to the shower scene in Season 5. (Having said that, Hitchcock's iconic shower slashing had been a beheading in the original book.)

Looking back after a few years, I find that the Hannibal TV show has lingered in my mind much more than Bates Motel. But then Hannibal had a lot more material to work with. Bates Motel is stretching the content from a very thin book over five seasons.

If you didn't take to it after the first few episodes, you might find the five seasons to be a bit of a slog.
I love the Hannibal tv show. If it weren't for the Hannibal tv show this would never have happened.

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Thanks, I will let it pass. Appreciate the reply
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).