Young Justice Season 4: Phantoms (HBOMax, 2021)

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Finally coming out on October 21. The core team is back together, and the superheroines you are looking for are:
Zatanna, Miss Martian, and Tigress. They are going to look like actual women in tight costumes, thank God.

Looking forward to the return, but I want to make a special shout-out to Heroineburgh cover artist Jason Wright
(20 years as colorist with DC on the likes of Green Lantern, Sinestro, Batgirl, Secret Six, Detective Comics, and many more).
He hasn't heard much from DC since last year's Metal Men (with Dan Didio & Shane Davis), so he moved on to color
a couple of CG books (Shane Davis' Starlight Cats, and the new Inglorious Rex, whose IGG campaign is about to end)
and various odds & ends for the likes of Jon Malin & EVS.

Jason is now working for the Young Justice animation team, coloring and painting promotional banners and posters.
He says that in the future he'll be doing a lot more with animation studios, and considerably less with comics (unless called on by Heroineburgh, or maybe another CG creator). No worries - Jason will still be doing the 'supervillainess' cover for H-Burgh #3.

Here's the poster Jason helped create for Young Justice 4. He will be sharing more YJ art soon, and I'll post it here.
The ladies look great, and can't wait to see them in action!
young-justice-season-4-key-art-phantoms-1.jpg
young-justice-season-4-key-art-phantoms-1.jpg (197.32 KiB) Viewed 547 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

More great info about Heroineburgh's Jason Wright: he'll be coloring the limited-series comic book adaptation of Young Justice Season 4: Phantoms (it will be a six-issue run), which will be drawn by the same people involved in the TV series animation.

As for Young Justice Season 4 - it's out! I watched the first four episodes, and I must say I'm thoroughly impressed. Although the subject matter deals with racial tolerance and acceptance among the three Martian races - the royal bloodline Reds, the mainstream Greens, and the oppressed minority Whites - there is a great deal of nuance, and plenty of well-fleshed-out Martian characters. This is probably the most complex treatment that DC has given to the Martian elements of its universe, with all of its internal politics and its colorful invented cultures and religious beliefs. Strange, though, that H'ronmeer (the main Martian god) is never mentioned.

This first four episode arc pretty much just includes three main Earthling characters: Beast Boy, Superboy and Miss Martian, with special guest appearances by Martian Manhunter and Superman, and three members of the Legion (Saturn Girl, Phantom Girl, and Chameleon Boy). Proceeding forth from here, we'll get to see more of Artemis/Tigress and the others, so stay tuned.

A highly recommended watch!

Jason's latest poster, featuring all the Young Justice ladies!
253662548_5223168267698022_6338670548182101430_n.jpg
253662548_5223168267698022_6338670548182101430_n.jpg (293.54 KiB) Viewed 407 times
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

^ Maybe I just imagining things, but with that latest poster.....I think there may be some masked ladies in it :hmmm:
Guess I should check this out.... :smile:
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...