Question About Multi-verse And Crisis

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
dragontigerandhorse1985
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

In the Crisis On Infinite Earths, Argon City was destroyed.

I have a stupid question:

As the residents of Argon City, being Kryptonians, why did they not just all relocate to earth long before crisis?
Danorian
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Which Crisis? Pre-CoIE, everyone except Kara Zor-El died from anti-kryptonite poisoning(Anti-K was deadly like regular kryptonite to non-powered Kyrptonians, and since they were still in the effects of Krypton's red sun, no powers, so the soil was giving off lethal rays!) as she was rocketed to Earth. There was just the one rocket. Oh, then we find out later that her parents went into the "Survival Zone"-a cousin to the Phantom Zone. They didn't save everyone else with it as they thought it was failed experiment until they vanished away into it after shipping Kara away!
If we're going with the Arrowverse Crisis, the Argoans didn't have any rockets to transport anyone from Argo City. Remember that Kara and company used J'onn J'onz space ship to go there and back. Everyone was surprised by the antimatter wave, so no one on Argo could be shipped off.

Two cents from the local Supergirl history expert! Hope it helps.
dragontigerandhorse1985
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Danorian wrote:
2 years ago
Which Crisis? Pre-CoIE, everyone except Kara Zor-El died from anti-kryptonite poisoning(Anti-K was deadly like regular kryptonite to non-powered Kyrptonians, and since they were still in the effects of Krypton's red sun, no powers, so the soil was giving off lethal rays!) as she was rocketed to Earth. There was just the one rocket. Oh, then we find out later that her parents went into the "Survival Zone"-a cousin to the Phantom Zone. They didn't save everyone else with it as they thought it was failed experiment until they vanished away into it after shipping Kara away!
If we're going with the Arrowverse Crisis, the Argoans didn't have any rockets to transport anyone from Argo City. Remember that Kara and company used J'onn J'onz space ship to go there and back. Everyone was surprised by the antimatter wave, so no one on Argo could be shipped off.

Two cents from the local Supergirl history expert! Hope it helps.
Do you recall when a tele transporter was used to transport Supergirls mother to earth?

My thought was such a transporter could have been used to over time transport all who wanted to leave Argon City to do so. The reason is that the special material needed to keep Argon alive had limited supply.

The revelation of that could have made for an interesting episode or a series of from 4 to seven episodes related to more kryptonians locating to earth.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

dragontigerandhorse1985 wrote:
2 years ago

As the residents of Argon City, being Kryptonians, why did they not just all relocate to earth long before crisis?
I thought before the new 52 there was a story where all the Argon city residents got free and so earth had a few thousand Kryptonians on it. They moved off earth, move Calisto into an sync orbit on the other side of earth then used the crystals from superman's fortress to grow a new krypton. I don't think the story completed but they mentioned the kryptonians were dying.
Danorian
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Not quite sure, but I think that was the Bottled City of Kandor getting enlarged, and the residents making a new home, until Lois' mental father sicced his other daughter, Lucy, disguised as Superwoman, Metallo, and Reactron to eliminate the "Kryptonian threat". Xenophobia at it's worst. I didn't follow the other super titles, so I don't recall the details of how Zor-El and Allura got there, or how it got enlarged.
Of course, I could be wrong, and it IS Argo, but during that period, I was put off a bit with the writing of the series. Since issue 6 of that series, the writing was pretty erratic in depicting Kara's sanity. Lot's of mental problems beyond teen angst!

Oh, for the teleporter, I guess maybe energy problems? Not sure, and don't want to go back to that season to review for obvious reasons. Ugh.

My 2 cents.

Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago
dragontigerandhorse1985 wrote:
2 years ago

I thought before the new 52 there was a story where all the Argon city residents got free and so earth had a few thousand Kryptonians on it. They moved off earth, move Calisto into an sync orbit on the other side of earth then used the crystals from superman's fortress to grow a new krypton. I don't think the story completed but they mentioned the kryptonians were dying.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Yeah it was Kandor. The story just ended uncompleted and they started the new 52