What If...? (Marvel, 2021)

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
NotUv2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

shevek wrote:
2 years ago
I wasn't going to watch any more What If but it looks like I'll have to check out eps 8 and 9 just to get a glimpse of this, since there might even be some decent peril.
The finale two-parter ties in characters from most of the previous What-If episodes, including Star-Lord T'Challa, Captain Carter, the What-If Dr. Strange and Thor, and some others. It was pretty fun for someone who's enjoyed the bulk of the What-If episodes and characters. I didn't notice too much in the way of SHIP content but YMMV. If you're watching it hoping to see Captain Marvel humbled or her character nerfed, it's not a spoiler to say that that's not really what happens, regardless of what her Twitter stans might think.

Check out my stories (and in some cases, books):

Amazon
Literotica
Mr. X Homepage (NEW STORiES ADDED 4/8/21)
shevek
Producer
Producer

NotUv2 wrote:
2 years ago
shevek wrote:
2 years ago
I wasn't going to watch any more What If but it looks like I'll have to check out eps 8 and 9 just to get a glimpse of this, since there might even be some decent peril.
The finale two-parter ties in characters from most of the previous What-If episodes, including Star-Lord T'Challa, Captain Carter, the What-If Dr. Strange and Thor, and some others. It was pretty fun for someone who's enjoyed the bulk of the What-If episodes and characters. I didn't notice too much in the way of SHIP content but YMMV. If you're watching it hoping to see Captain Marvel humbled or her character nerfed, it's not a spoiler to say that that's not really what happens, regardless of what her Twitter stans might think.
Watched both episodes (it's a two-parter) and it was actually pretty fun. You don't have to see most of the earlier episodes to enjoy it (I didn't watch 4-7) as long as you immediately accept the 'alternate' status of the characters as presented. There was no SHIP content.

It's not much of a spoiler to say that Captain Marvel gets taken out by Ultron pretty early (she doesn't even appear in EP9 except in a brief flashback) so I'd definitely say she was 'nerfed' in this particular alternate scenario. Anything to make Twitter reeee.

Anyway, I'd say go ahead and watch EP8 and EP9 for lots of action (including plenty of exertion from The Watcher himself!).
NotUv2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

shevek wrote:
2 years ago
It's not much of a spoiler to say that Captain Marvel gets taken out by Ultron pretty early (she doesn't even appear in EP9 except in a brief flashback) so I'd definitely say she was 'nerfed' in this particular alternate scenario.
Spoiler
I mean, getting killed by a nigh-omnipotent being carrying six Infinity Stones is hardly being nerfed, it's just being killed. Danvers has never been portrayed as omnipotent, just incredibly powerful. Something people tend to forget.

The one who got truly nerfed was Thanos, who most definitely goes out like a punk in Ep. 8.
Glad you were able to enjoy it.

Check out my stories (and in some cases, books):

Amazon
Literotica
Mr. X Homepage (NEW STORiES ADDED 4/8/21)
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I did like screaming Thor. They have good humor in this.