Injustice animated movie

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Looks like they are producing and animated Injustice movie. Looks like it follows the game pretty closely. There are some leaked promos on youtube.
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I'm just sooo not in to Injustice taking off as a universe? Like I get it, it's a premise they need for a fighting game. Okay that's fine, and I like the Injustice games well enough... but it's become so wide reaching now that you can just FEEL Zack Snyder wishing he could make an Injustice film throughout all his stupid f'kn movies... I don't want an animated version of it. They should just keep it to the fighting games where it need to be to make the games events logical...

I don't want all this 'daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark' in my superhero stuff >_> Evil Superman is absolutely the dumbest thing in the world. It's somehow even worse that it just validates Batman's nonsense insecurities and unhealthy social hangups.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Yes it reeks of quick profit from wrecking something. There are plenty of bad guys to fight. Also the premise is absurd in so many ways. In fact Joker would be dead today if he existed and did all the stuff he did. Some deputies or sheriffs would take him out and shoot him. Or someone in self defense would have shot him or criminals would have shot him. And no way this guy would get goons or resources.

And we already got Justice League dark.

Its like the fixation on zombie stuff.

And the game... Batgirl vs Superman. Yeah.....
Damselbinder

Femina wrote:
2 years ago
I'm just sooo not in to Injustice taking off as a universe? Like I get it, it's a premise they need for a fighting game. Okay that's fine, and I like the Injustice games well enough... but it's become so wide reaching now that you can just FEEL Zack Snyder wishing he could make an Injustice film throughout all his stupid f'kn movies... I don't want an animated version of it. They should just keep it to the fighting games where it need to be to make the games events logical...

I don't want all this 'daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark' in my superhero stuff >_> Evil Superman is absolutely the dumbest thing in the world. It's somehow even worse that it just validates Batman's nonsense insecurities and unhealthy social hangups.
I'm fine with evil Superman in the "oh no, it's an alternate dimension and in this timeline Superman was just a big ol' jerk but Lex Luthor is a good guy" sense. That can be fun. But "Superman losing a loved one is enough to turn him from good guy and hero into sociopathic dictator" is eye-rolling. People don't work like that. I don't care what the Joker says, one bad day is not enough to turn a GENUINELY good person into a gibbering murderer.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Damselbinder wrote:
2 years ago
I don't care what the Joker says, one bad day is not enough to turn a GENUINELY good person into a gibbering murderer.
And Joker was wrong. The Waynes' deaths turned Batman into a hero who would never kill. So why would he think this wouldn't make Superman into a bigger hero ie go the wrong direction.

Also in Injustice there are plenty of times Superman starts to change his mind and Wonder Woman gas lights him and pushes him back on the wrong path. The real bad guy is Diana. The claim is in this universe Aires taught Diana about war and life and not Hera. In any event she's the real monster. Would be cool if it turns out she is really Circe or some other entity or possessed.

One thing that could explain things is he was exposed to kryptonite gas and fear gas to make him wig out. It could be that combination gave him permanent brain damage.
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Yeah it's all just f'kn ludicrous!. I mean again, I played Injustice 1 and 2. For a Mortal Kombat style fighting game with limited space for any kind of story AT ALL it was fine... but please god, for all that is good and decent, can the fans and film makers and shit get off the Injustice 'as a story concept' bandwagon please? It's not what the industry needs.
Danorian
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago
Damselbinder wrote:
2 years ago
I don't care what the Joker says, one bad day is not enough to turn a GENUINELY good person into a gibbering murderer.
And Joker was wrong. The Waynes' deaths turned Batman into a hero who would never kill. So why would he think this wouldn't make Superman into a bigger hero ie go the wrong direction.

Also in Injustice there are plenty of times Superman starts to change his mind and Wonder Woman gas lights him and pushes him back on the wrong path. The real bad guy is Diana. The claim is in this universe Aires taught Diana about war and life and not Hera. In any event she's the real monster. Would be cool if it turns out she is really Circe or some other entity or possessed.

One thing that could explain things is he was exposed to kryptonite gas and fear gas to make him wig out. It could be that combination gave him permanent brain damage.
(sarcasm alert!)
How dare fans come up with better, more LOGICAL ideas than "professional" writers?! It just shows how lazy DC/WB/CW can be.
FYI, pre-CoIE(the original one in '85)there was a world that had an evil JLA-Earth-3! The Injustice Gang was the evil version of the JLA/JSA. Funny how DC eliminated the multiple Earths, yet just HAD to have a batch of evil versions of the good guys pop up decades later!
Oh, in Earth-3, Alexander Luthor was the only hero able to stand up to the Injustice Gang, and was married to Lois Lane! Their child was the only survivor of the destruction of Eart-3, saved by the Monitor in the world's death throes.