Scarlet Scorpion / She-Cat (Nightveil Media, 2020/2021 - Bill Black of FemForce)

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
shevek
Producer
Producer

I'll have a nice announcement tomorrow, but tonight I thought I'd give a big tribute to one of our major influences:
Bill Black of Paragon Publications, Nightveil Media (Stormy Tempest, Blue Bulleteer, Nightveil movies etc), AC Comics,
and Fem Force, the most legendary good-girl superheroine comic book series of all time.

Mainly because I just found out that his long-awaited superhero movie Scarlet Scorpion is finally done after a wait of several
years. In fact, it's been done since the summer, but nobody bothered to announce it here (I saw a post on another forum).

So here we go. "Scarlet Scorpion" is Bill Black's magnum superhero opus, and very relevant to this forum for several reasons.
First of all, there are several big Fem Force fans here, and the tone of the movie is very 1970s/1980s, right down to the hairstyles
and the rock 'n roll-meets-John Carpenter soundtrack.

But mostly because it's got a great superheroine in a shiny red catsuit! Played by Cat LoCicero, she's the second Scarlet Scorpion in the
movie (the first one is male, a scientist named Rick Trent). Both Scorpions are wearing intelligent alien battle suits delivered unexpectedly to Earth by a spaceship of unknown origin. And both suits protect the wearer from harm and give him/her amazing strength, super breath, superspeed and other powers (Cat uses heat vision at one point).

The whole movie is fun to watch, just the most joyous expression of superhero geekness imaginable, and a fitting tribute to the life story and efforts of Bill Black, who apparently first created the Scarlet Scorpion character **in 1959** (when he was just a young lad).
If you're an AC Comics/Fem Force fan, you'll enjoy the cameo appearances of some of the characters from that comic.

But if you're just mainly there for the lady in the costume, you'll want to focus primarily on the second half of the movie, which features her origin with a transformation scene, a display of superpowers, some nice fighting sequences, and a knockout and tie-up.
There's also an evil villainess from another planet, Dutchess Sadistica, although she doesn't stay very long, since the main villain is
The big bad Iron Claw..kind of a Doctor Doom analogue who reminds me of that Youtuber Doomcock.

Pretty much everything you'd want in a superheroine production which stays firmly in the campy, tongue-in-cheek, PG vein.

You can get the Scarlet Scorpion movie to download for $14.95 here:
http://www.nightveilmedia.com/downloads ... on-feature

Highly recommended for anyone who is really into everything that the DIY superhero movie-making genre is all about!

And now here are some stills.

Mark Lester as Scarlet Scorpion. Great costume design!
scarlet scorpion 1.jpg
scarlet scorpion 1.jpg (78.58 KiB) Viewed 2162 times
Blue Bulleteer cameo - she shows up in a comic book convention sequence.
scarlet scorpion blue bulleteer.jpg
scarlet scorpion blue bulleteer.jpg (78.52 KiB) Viewed 2162 times
Cat LoCicero in the mask, as the female Scarlet Scorpion.
scarlet scorpion cat in the mask.jpg
scarlet scorpion cat in the mask.jpg (60.86 KiB) Viewed 2162 times
The villainess Duchess Sadistica who's in the extended fight scene.
scarlet scorpion duchess sadistica.jpg
scarlet scorpion duchess sadistica.jpg (86.18 KiB) Viewed 2162 times
The female Scarlet Scorpion knocked out and tied up.
scarlet scorpion knocked out & tied up.jpg
scarlet scorpion knocked out & tied up.jpg (53.78 KiB) Viewed 2162 times
Cameo appearance by Nyoka the Jungle Girl who is manhandled by a damn dirty ape.
scarlet scorpion nyoka jungle girl.jpg
scarlet scorpion nyoka jungle girl.jpg (81.33 KiB) Viewed 2162 times
Last edited by shevek 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Cat transforming into Scarlet Scorpion as the suit takes over her body.
scarlet scorpion cat transforming.jpg
scarlet scorpion cat transforming.jpg (62.02 KiB) Viewed 2160 times
Female Scarlet Scorpion fighting with thug.
scarlet scorpion fighting with thug.jpg
scarlet scorpion fighting with thug.jpg (73.09 KiB) Viewed 2160 times
The vendor at the Comic Con is reading a Paragon Publications book about the history of Bill Black's first comic book company
(before AC Comics).
scarlet scorpion paragon publications book.jpg
scarlet scorpion paragon publications book.jpg (64.58 KiB) Viewed 2160 times
Cat LoCicero during the swimsuit sequence.
scarlet scorpion swimsuit sequence.jpg
scarlet scorpion swimsuit sequence.jpg (92.58 KiB) Viewed 2160 times
The cameo of Tara from FemForce.
scarlet scorpion tara cameo.jpg
scarlet scorpion tara cameo.jpg (57.98 KiB) Viewed 2160 times
The cameo of Synn from FemForce. Really wish Bill Black would make a movie with this sexy heroine who has mind powers.
scarlet scorpion synn cameo.jpg
scarlet scorpion synn cameo.jpg (43.68 KiB) Viewed 2160 times
Femfan1
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

I've watched it and it's cheesy..but a LOT of FUN!
shevek
Producer
Producer

Femfan1 wrote:
3 years ago
I've watched it and it's cheesy..but a LOT of FUN!
Glad you enjoyed it. And it's right up the alley of this forum!

However, there is also some sad news: this is the last complete movie that Bill Black will ever make.
Although he is still putting out Fem Force comics at a regular rate, he is gradually closing up his office, and will not be making
any more live-action productions due to his current health status.

So pick up all of the previous products you can, especially the live-action downloads.
A salute to the amazing creator of Fem Force, AC Comics and Nightveil Media!
shevek
Producer
Producer

Great news, folks! Bill Black of FemForce had a successful operation and is feeling great.
He has decided to keep making movies after all, and is going to start filming a SHE-CAT movie as of next week,
starring Sabina Karac, who is in the Tara movie.

Here are a couple photos of Bill getting ready for the shoot! As soon as there are photos of Sabina, I'll post them here,
since it's the newest thread about FemForce-related films.

Bill was testing out the green screen today!
bill black green screen.jpg
bill black green screen.jpg (262.62 KiB) Viewed 1407 times
Bill is wearing his Heroineburgh T-shirt while getting ready for the filming.
bill black wearing heroineburgh.jpg
bill black wearing heroineburgh.jpg (735.55 KiB) Viewed 1407 times
Bill in front of the "Mummy's Tomb" (one of the locations which will be in the film).
bill black heroineburgh shirt #2..jpg
bill black heroineburgh shirt #2..jpg (628.34 KiB) Viewed 1403 times
GO FEM FORCE!
shevek
Producer
Producer

Guess what? The She-Cat movie is in production. And it's Kaley Redfield playing She-Cat!

(Sabina Karac actually plays She-Cat in a Tara movie by director Mark Dail...I'll have to find out when that comes out).

Bill Black and Nightveil Media are back!
kaley redfield as she-cat.jpg
kaley redfield as she-cat.jpg (283.68 KiB) Viewed 1269 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

Bill Black announced that they finished filming "The Mummy Creeps" (featuring She-Cat) today!
Something about completing "94 scenes" in one day - that's quite a lot, so the scenes must have been rather short.
Nonetheless, principal photography is completed for the latest Fem Force-related movie on Nightveil Media.
Can't wait to see the final product with the lovely Kaley Redfield in that tight costume.
Hopefully she (or even better, the mummy) removes the jacket at least a few times!
she cat wrapped.jpg
she cat wrapped.jpg (612.82 KiB) Viewed 1115 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

Some photos that Bill Black just posted on both the FemForce Facebook group and the CultRetro.com Facebook page.
She-Cat is part of "The Mummy Creeps" movie which is apparently a movie inside a movie, as explained:

"Since THE MUMMY CREEPS is a movie within a movie (clever way to make a Mummy movie without actually making a Mummy movie) there is excessive duality to the project. As example: There are two Mummies, two She-Cats, two She-Cat masks, two directors, two High Priests, two Princesses, two Heathers... on and on. The story involves a zero budget film producer who gets supernatural help from a Demon to complete the movie."

Maskripper is gonna like this! :)
she cat the mummy creeps 1st mask.jpg
she cat the mummy creeps 1st mask.jpg (239.2 KiB) Viewed 730 times
she cat on the prowl.jpg
she cat on the prowl.jpg (321.8 KiB) Viewed 730 times
she cat the mummy creeps 2nd mask.jpg
she cat the mummy creeps 2nd mask.jpg (356.02 KiB) Viewed 730 times
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Kayley looks gorgeous.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).