Titans Season 3 (HBO Max)

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Starting this thread for whenever the season airs in 2021, just top it at that time.

Big news for superheroine fans: Anna Diop's new Starfire costume will apparently debut.

Why it took them three years to come up with this outfit, who knows? Looks pretty good, though.

Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

shevek wrote:
3 years ago
Starting this thread for whenever the season airs in 2021, just top it at that time.

Big news for superheroine fans: Anna Diop's new Starfire costume will apparently debut.

Why it took them three years to come up with this outfit, who knows? Looks pretty good, though.

Good point, although still not enough skin
shevek
Producer
Producer

The middle arms, upper thighs, and chest area are made of gauze-like see-through material. It was probably the best they could do in this era of manufactured outrage. I for one can't wait to watch her move around in this thing. They didn't give any of the ladies a whole lot of costume time except for Dove so far.
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

I hope we see more costumes this season as they were hardly in costumes for much of season 1 and 2. And I hope for more action and less moping around.
Check out my superheroine-related short stories here:

https://archiveofourown.org/users/brdiy/works
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I read that season 3 will be set in Gotham and that Barbara Gordon will play a key role in it.
Off course I immediately thought about Batgirl and got excited as hell......BUT....I also read then that she will be playing Commissioner Gordon as she seemingly steps in her fathers shoes.
So I now have very little hope for Batgirl to show up....but well....the hope dies last ;-)
Seasons 1 and 2 were ok, I hope that season 3 can improve.
Especially in my favorite "masked women" topic....
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
shevek
Producer
Producer

Maskripper wrote:
3 years ago
I read that season 3 will be set in Gotham and that Barbara Gordon will play a key role in it.
Off course I immediately thought about Batgirl and got excited as hell......BUT....I also read then that she will be playing Commissioner Gordon as she seemingly steps in her fathers shoes.
So I now have very little hope for Batgirl to show up....but well....the hope dies last ;-)
Didn't read about that yet, which is surprising. I'm sure it'll be addressed on all the critic channels eventually. Berlanti must have some kind of monthly "Take that, ya incels!"* writers' meeting to come up with these ideas. Of course, there are still ways to make a detective uniform quite appealing (see the ladies of the cast of Brooklyn 99), but then even that can be spoiled with the correctly approved dialogue. Cecil Castelucci actually made Batgirl *unlikable* in the recent issue #50, so I have no doubt they can do it on film too.

*catchphrase credit to Ya Boi Zack.
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

They can always do flashbacks just to get her in the Batgirl costume.

Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

brdiy wrote:
3 years ago
They can always do flashbacks just to get her in the Batgirl costume.
That would be fantastic as well.....if they don't use the city of Burnside costume with with the strapless cowl...or even worse....that last version with the eye mask that covered 0,5% of her face.

I would love to see the costume from the video games on screen!!!

But on the other hand...I might get an heart attack when I would see that.

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Kinda funny. I JUST started watching Season 1 of Titans and one of the first things that struck me is how hideously-dressed Starfire is.

Like what the hell were they going for here? Worst-dressed cheap Ukrainian Prostitute?
A bulky fur coat over a shiny purple tin-foil smock?
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

4 episodes in and I'm surprised no one has talked about this yet.

The stories are still focused mostly on Dick/Nightwing, but a bit more scenes with Dove in costume so far, though
Spoiler
though due to events in episode 3, Dawn/Dove says goodbye to the team. Hopefully this is just temporary, so we still have to see
. No sign of Raven or Donna Troy/Wondergirl yet, though.

Bronson881
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I thought Barbara was very nasty to Bruce. They all chose to join him in his crime fighting.
shevek
Producer
Producer

I'm up to Episode 7 right now on Titans Season 3. They've moved past the Red Hood thing - the whiny grumpy angry Jason Todd shtick was getting to be a little much - and are dealing with a larger threat from Scarecrow.

Episode 7 is highly recommended. One of the highlights is that we finally get to see both Starfire and Blackfire in full costume.
There's an epic transformation scene where Blackfire's costume transforms from a couple of small Tamaranean gauntlets.
The Blackfire actress looks super shapely in her new "armored" looking outfit which is actually very true to the comics.
So much so that Connor (Superboy) can't resist the desire to proposition her (we'll see if that goes any further).

There's also a very good fight where all Titans participate in a warehouse battle - it's worth checking out.
Finally this series is stepping up! (plus, Dick and Babs get heated as well)

This is what the Blackfire costume really looks like onscreen.
titans-season3-blackfire-costume2.jpg
titans-season3-blackfire-costume2.jpg (123.33 KiB) Viewed 4330 times
Bronson881
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I have been trying to look it up but what are The Scarecrows abilities?
Damselbinder

Bronson881 wrote:
2 years ago
Basically this.

Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Bronson881 wrote:
2 years ago
Fear. Basically fear gas and other mechanisms to induce fear.
Bronson881
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago
Bronson881 wrote:
2 years ago
Fear. Basically fear gas and other mechanisms to induce fear.
Thank you very much.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Wow, Titans S3 E9 was terrible, just all over the place with story tangents - total lack of focus.
Almost the polar opposite of the previous excellent episodes.

I think the problem here is that unlike Deathstroke, Scarecrow just isn't a formidable enough villain to be considered the Big Bad for the season. They've portrayed him like a wimpy, whiny incel. Scarecrow should be a mysterious masked figure who strikes fear into the hearts of Gothamites, and instead he comes off like a soyboy who would complain if there is too much foam in his latte.

The problem is that none of the story tangents are that interesting, and they all seem rather ephemeral. Not to mention the lack of superhero costumes. Come on, the gorgeous Conor Leslie in a puffy fur coat for 20 minutes? Please!
If I told you that
Spoiler
1) Donna Troy comes back to life.
2) Superboy and Blackfire have hot sex.
3) Tim Drake is an annoying black teen, obsessed with the Titans, whose family owns a diner.
4) Raven is on Paradise Island making a nuisance of herself with the Amazons.
would you save yourself the time and just skip this episode? OK then.
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

This season would have been over in 1 episode if Dick thought about unleashing Superboy against the bad guys.

shevek
Producer
Producer

What did everyone think about Season 3 Episode 11?

Some good dark stuff as Nightwing and Red Hood go head to head.

Raven is starting to actually have a bit of a costume, and look more beautiful.
It's nothing near to the incredible costume Perez gave her in the comics, but it's a bit more grown-up of a look.
One drawback, though, is something she said about her disappearance from the team for a while.
She says she has "nothing to show for it", which unfortunately means that the scenes that were on Themyscira
were just wasted filler. As I thought.

What disturbed me the most, though, was what they did with Starfire's origin
Spoiler
- they flipped it to be the total OPPOSITE of what it is in the comics. In the Titans stories, Kory is born with powers and thus earns the title of heir to the throne, while her younger sister Komand'r has no powers, and thus is considered ineligible, a resentful black sheep of the family who eventually throws in with the enemies of Tamaran and becomes a traitor to her family.

However, in the TV show, just the opposite occurs: Kory is born without the powers and declared the heir anyway, and then when her younger sister is born with the powers, King Myand'r commands the palace magician to use a 'spell' to transfer Komand'r's power to Kory so that Kory can be a legitimate heir. Not only do I not understand why they flipped this (the original story was fine as it is, and already explained why Komand'r resented Kory), but the use of 'magic' has nothing to do with the world of Tamaran - like many of the other worlds around Vega, they were science-based, and magic was never mentioned in the comics in relation to them.
'
Why did they do this? It kind of irks me that they felt the need to change that story so much.

The plus? Conor Leslie is so insanely attractive that it almost takes you out of the gritty story where she's trying to help Tim and his family in their boarded-up diner which has all the lights off (this whole series seems dimly lit). She's kind of like the shining 'white savior' although I don't know if that was intentional on the show's part. No Wonder Girl costume - she's just in a tight black bodysuit.
shevek
Producer
Producer

S3 E12 is good. It's the leadup to the Titans 'reuniting' to finally battle Scarecrow/Crane.

No real fights per se, but Raven is looking more and more beautiful as she and Gar find the Lazarus Pit. The scene in the Pit reveals that Dick will have a daughter with someone from the Titans...one guess as to who?

Donna is still just in her black outfit so no change there - near the end of the episode we see her doing a rush on some gunfire
using a shield, similar to the Gal Gadot scene in the first WW movie, so I 'wonder' if there's a deliberate reference. Conor Leslie
always looks great on screen regardless.

But the real star of hotness here is Blackfire. Superboy and Kory help Komand'r locate her Tamaranean ship, and we see lots of the amazing costume that was designed to absolutely hug Damaris Lewis' every delicious curve - there's even an extended shot where you can view it from the back and watch her move, and come to realize that yes, it is spandex.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Watched the last episode of season 3 yesterday.
All in all, it was a good season. I love Gotham as the setting.
Crane was a good nemesis even
Spoiler
his shift from smart Crane to insane Crane felt a little ...odd.
Good that there will be a 4th season, even that will be playing elsewhere (seemingly).

Way before the season I heard it would play in Gotham and would feature Barbara Gordon.
So....not surprisingly....I was hoping to see Batgirl in some episodes and was thrilled to the MAX! ;)
As I heard they would feature a version of Barbara Gordon past her Batgirl days I was disappointed.
Then I hoped for at least one flashback with Batgirl in it.
That doesn't happen either. Also, I did like the two flashback scenes with Barbara as a thief (sort of) big time.
But ok, Savannah Welch did a great job playing Barbara, I liked her role....despite the absence of Batgirl.

The finale also had the stunning Conor Leslie in THIS outfit:
(cropped pictures)

.....Well..... :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:
... my eyes nearly popped out of my skull.
Thanks to whoever was responsible for the costumes, you did a good job.

brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

^yup. Costume or no costume, she was certainly hot.
Spoiler
though it would appear like she's leaving the Titans (again?). Part of me hopes for a spin-off with Dawn/Dove as she said she was going to visit her. Otherwise, I'd love to see these lovely ladies return to the show, and in costumes again!

Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

brdiy wrote:
2 years ago
^yup. Costume or no costume, she was certainly hot.
Spoiler
though it would appear like she's leaving the Titans (again?). Part of me hopes for a spin-off with Dawn/Dove as she said she was going to visit her. Otherwise, I'd love to see these lovely ladies return to the show, and in costumes again!
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that.
Spoiler
Wasn't happy about Dove leaving early in the season.
Then Donna comes back (YES) ....and now they are both not in the show as Donna wasn't on the bus at the end.
Well, I do hope they both come back.
And yeah, costumes are always a plus....for me especially with some.....MASKS ;)

brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

Well they really need to shift the focus away from Nightwing (and Batman's enemies). Donna, Superboy and Raven are too powerful so they had to be sidelined for much of the show just so Crane can appear to succeed for a while.

shevek
Producer
Producer

This was a satisfying conclusion episode, although they took a rather long time wrapping up all the loose ends. And the "purple rain" solution was definitely a bit of a contrivance, if you ask me.

Reward: by the end of the episode, we see Raven in the most accurate (and tightest) costume we're likely to see her in. She looks great when she does the dark magic stuff. Love to have more of that.

My prediction: with Donna leaving to see Dove, with Blackfire going back to Tamaran, and with Barbara returning to her job in Gotham, they now have FOUR less female lead characters...and with diversity quotients the way they are these days, that's not gonna fly (not to mention we all want to see more ladies onscreen, especially in their costumes).

Once they're back in San Francisco, maybe they'll add new female members to the team, or just female leads in general. The two that I can think of which would immediately fit would be Lilith and Terra, but they could also dig deep and add Cassie, Solstice, Argent, Aquagirl or Bumblebee.

As for upcoming villains, I'm pulling for Brother Blood and HIVE. What do you think?
shevek
Producer
Producer

While everyone's wallowing in misery about how terrible the final season of Supergirl turned out to be, cheer up!

Because Titans is just getting better and better. I couldn't have been more accurate with my previous post if I had tried,
because look at the rumours about casting for Season Four! (according to Bounding Into Comics)

Looks like they are going to have Brother Blood and Mother Mayhem as the main villains.
Since they worship Trigon in their cult, that means Trigon is probably coming back...which means lots and lots of Raven.

And Jinx (who comes over as an agent of HIVE, because I doubt they will have the entire Fearsome Five) will make guest appearances and possibly join the team (she's a favorite from the cartoons). Jinx is hot, but the only question is, will they use the version from the comics (who is bald, a brown skinned Indian, and very shapely with a white bikini top) or from the Titans cartoon (where she looks like a cute imp with pinkish 'hair horns').

Can't wait to make the Season 4 thread! I really have to say that Titans have always been my favorite team since I first picked up the Wolfman/Perez run in 1980, and it's been very influential on my own videos. So I'm pretty happy about this (if it all happens!).

Now if only they would bring in Lilith, Argent, Bumblebee, Terra and Solstice....

https://boundingintocomics.com/2021/11/ ... -villains/