RIP John Saxon, 1936-2020

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
Lurkndog
Elder Member
Elder Member

Prolific movie and TV actor John Saxon has died at age 83.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... 83-1095778

He's probably best known for his role in Enter the Dragon (1973), but he also made regular appearances on TV. He played the villainous Captain Radl in the Wonder Woman two-parter "The Feminum Mystique" and also made appearances on The Six Million Dollar Man, The Bionic Woman, and other shows.
Lurkndog
Elder Member
Elder Member

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

He was a really good actor who ended up trapped in 2nd rate roles. He brought professionalism to everything he was in regardless of the weakness of the script and plot.
Brought me hours of pleasure and not just by gassing Linda Carter
RIP, you legend
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Lurkndog
Elder Member
Elder Member

I'd say he had a pretty great career, one that most actors could only hope for. He was in a number of movies that became classics, and a number of cult classics besides, and he worked steadily for his entire career.

He will be remembered.
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks for posting this I was going to mention it today.

He played an iconic part in one of the most iconic episodes and scenes for our genre. Speaking for myself, those episodes were a lot of the reason I have an interest in the content that I shoot even if I don't emulate what was done it kicked my creativity into overdrive.
Damselbinder

I'll always remember him for his role in "Mitchell."

My, my, my, my, Mitchell...
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Lurkndog wrote:
3 years ago
Prolific movie and TV actor John Saxon has died at age 83.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... 83-1095778

He's probably best known for his role in Enter the Dragon (1973), but he also made regular appearances on TV. He played the villainous Captain Radl in the Wonder Woman two-parter "The Feminum Mystique" and also made appearances on The Six Million Dollar Man, The Bionic Woman, and other shows.
He was in low budget cheesey but fun"Battle Beynd the Stars" with Richard Thomas (John Boy from the Waltons) and Robert Vaugn
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

He even made some bad made for TV movies decent like Gene Rodenberry's "Planet Earth."