Batman Forever VS Batman and Robin

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.

Which movie do you prefer?

Batman Forever
23%
Batman and Robin
77%

Total votes: 13
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Ok, folks, we may have discussed this one partialy some years ago, but think this one deserve a topic on its own with a poll included.
Quite often I read that many folks prefer Batman Forever over Batman and Robin....and I wonder WHY?
Both are from the same director, both have a similiar style, both have lots of comedy elements in comparison to the fabulous Tim Burton Batman movies.
Both have lots of silly, goofy moments.
But for me Batman and Robin is WAY better than Batman Forever! Why?

Plus points for Batman Forever in comparison to Batman and Robin:
+ horny psychiatrist played by Nicole Kidman who loves to fondle Batman's rubber suit and wants him really bad
+ psychiatrist in sexy pantyhose gets kidnapped by riddler and rescued in a great scene as she is falling down

Plus points for Batman and Robin in comparison to Batman Forever:
+++ Batgirl in the sexiest heroine costume ever created
+ Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy and Bane are WAY better villains in comparison to "overacting as hell" Jim Carrey and Tommy Lee Jones and his ....pink rubber face
++ Two ass kicking women who can fight (Batgirl and Poison Ivy)
+ George Clooney is a better Bruce Wayne and Batman as Val Kilmer (Clooney doesn't even need to act that he is a playboy)

I might add some aspects in the future as I will rewatch them in the next weeks.

Feel welcome to vote and also share your thoughts and on the topic!
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Both were inferior to the first two.

But Jim Carrey was so bad as the Riddler gives the edge to Batman and Robin
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/bat ... 47616.html
Looking back at what went wrong with "Batman Forever" with just miscasting and ego conflicts. If they had just used different actors and a better plot, this might have worked. It also just shows that A-list actors can't save a bad movie.

"Batman and Robin" edges out, but they were both inferior to the first two that had better and more coherent plots. Too bad they started a trend of worse writing and more emphasis on special effects at WB. Costumes for the women were better.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

52 views on this topic....3 votes incl. my own.
Stuff like that really frustrates me!
Seems very hard to decide and vote with two clicks.
The passivity of at least 95% of the internet user is a great riddle to me.

Maybe I should ask Jim Carrey about it.
Last edited by Maskripper 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
Danorian
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Still silly they gave the guys "Bat-nipples", but not Batgirl! Nice "Bat-tush" though!
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Danorian wrote:
3 years ago
Still silly they gave the guys "Bat-nipples", but not Batgirl! Nice "Bat-tush" though!
I AGREE they should have given her nipples and a bat cameltoe....and that ass is smoking hot....would love to have seen her in a spread eagle peril....that innocent dirty little blonde!!
Bert

Maskripper wrote:
3 years ago
52 views on this topic....3 votes incl. my own.
Stuff like that really frustrates me!
Seems very hard to decide and vote with two clicks.
The passivity of at least 95% of the internet user is a great riddle to me.

Maybe I should ask Jim Carrey about it.
Maybe it's not passivity, maybe it's apathy. Your asking people to choose between two really terrible movies. Trying to decide which one is slightly less terrible isn't all that engaging. On top of that, the director of both of these terrible movies just died this week, which makes discussing this a wee bit icky.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Bert wrote:
3 years ago

Maybe it's not passivity, maybe it's apathy. Your asking people to choose between two really terrible movies. Trying to decide which one is slightly less terrible isn't all that engaging. On top of that, the director of both of these terrible movies just died this week, which makes discussing this a wee bit icky.
Well, but these viewers are curious enough to check out the topic which is pretty clear by the title. I just wonder why they then check it out, read it and don't even vote for an option (the overwhelming majority).
I am pretty sure that, if I would make a topic with: "You get 1 Million dollar if you post one random word"....and I would 100% prove that I have that kind of money and would be willing to spend it......still most people would just read the thread and move on. :laugh:

I know he just died, I actually posted in several threads on different sites about him. He did quite a lot of good movies and I just started to rewatch some of his movies.
Maybe not the best timing, but I thought of the topic and I always wanted to know how so many folks seemingly prefer Batman Forever.
Ok, the results her didn't prove that so far...with with only so few votes, it doesn't say much so far.

Bert

Personally I never cared for the Burton or Schumacher Batman films. I love some of Tim Burton's movies but he's a deeply weird guy and his approach to a comic character I really cared about seemed wrong to me. I'm a much bigger fan of the Nolan Bat flicks. But if I had to pick between your two choices...yeah, Batgirl wins the day for me too. I didn't really care for Silverstone or the unnecessary change in Batgirl's origin, but it was better than nothing.
ivandobsky
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Batgirl and Poison Ivy were hot.

I recall it getting slated in the press for bat nipples etc. Maybe an early example of the media rating something poorly because it was too sexy.
ltrltr
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I watched Batman Forever recently and cringed through a lot of it. Need to watch Batman and Robin again for comparison.

Generally always preferred Batman Forever, though not entirely sure why.