Justice League Dark: Apokolips War

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I'm surprised no one is discussing this movie. Pretty gruesome.
Spoiler
They tear Wonder Woman's arm off and kill lot of characters. Pretty brutal.
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Ouch - okay - don't know how well the plot is known - maybe a spoiler warning would be nice?! Otherwise a dark gritty story line might be interesting to see, thanks for the heads up!
My avatar courtesy of https://www.deviantart.com/sleepy-comics

My current story is Supergirl V Bane

This is all the stuff I've done here but don't tell anyone about this!
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

I really liked it better than other superhero films out there, live-action included. A review I've seen says the story is sort of a condensed version of what Snyder envisioned his Justice League trilogy would have ended had the studios not intervened. I guess we'll never know for sure.
Check out my superheroine-related short stories here:

https://archiveofourown.org/users/brdiy/works
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I've edited your post Mr X to put the Spoiler button in
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

tallyho wrote:
3 years ago
Thanks! Yes I should have put that in spoilers.
Spoiler
I do find it funny that once comic books take the kid gloves off its amazing how fast a lot of these heroes die from the simplest things.
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

tallyho wrote:
3 years ago
Cheers boss!
My avatar courtesy of https://www.deviantart.com/sleepy-comics

My current story is Supergirl V Bane

This is all the stuff I've done here but don't tell anyone about this!
Get Your Exxon
Henchman
Henchman

Spoiler happens early. Sounds worse than is but movie is great but like super super dark.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Am I the only one who finds it hard to read the text in the Spoiler panel when you hit show?
It shows up for me as a sort of pale blue on a white background.
Anyone else?
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

tallyho wrote:
3 years ago
Am I the only one who finds it hard to read the text in the Spoiler panel when you hit show?
It shows up for me as a sort of pale blue on a white background.
Anyone else?
Not on my desktop. It's black type on a white background. (ProSilver theme). Oh, just put it on dark theme and yes, in that mode, spoilers are hard to read, pale blue on white as you stated. The answer is obvious, oh great one. Switch modes!
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Saw the movie about 2 weeks ago.
Basically it is an entertaining movie, but the the verrrry dark tone and the pure amount of heroes isn't something for me.
The many heroes were my main issue with the last Avengers movies and is an even bigger problem here.
Spoiler
Many heroes end up as cannon fodder in a matter of seconds.
Not something I wanna see.
It was worth the watch for sure, but I doubt that I will watch it a second time.
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Spoiler
I think the movie was more fan service because they were ending the new 52 and so went out with a bloody splash. Again its amazing how quickly these characters die when guns actually work and people actually shoot them. But there were a lot of fan service scenes. Superman pumped full of kryptonite, Batman in the Morbious chair. I got real tired of Constantine being in everything an Batman has no plan.

I did think it was contrived Darksied could create an army of Doomsdays but the movie isn't clear on if they are as powerful as the original or just beefed up parademons. I also thought it was odd Darksied was so fixated on Batman who's nothing more than a puny insect. Big fight scenes then they stop for some rumble between two humans.

Its also somewhat disturbing at the end all those remaining heroes are permanently stuck as mutilated cyborg messes.