Superman and Lois spin off show

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

Yeah, I find it weird too that there's no mention of SG (or any of the other heroes for that matter) in the show. And didn't the character for Morgan Edge already appear in SG before? Not to mention several Luthors in SG's city as well. So I was guessing this is another alternate universe or so.

I've read somewhere that there's a planned crossover with the Flash soon so I'm not sure how their gonna package that.
Check out my superheroine-related short stories here:

https://archiveofourown.org/users/brdiy/works
Danorian
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

brdiy wrote:
2 years ago
Yeah, I find it weird too that there's no mention of SG (or any of the other heroes for that matter) in the show. And didn't the character for Morgan Edge already appear in SG before? Not to mention several Luthors in SG's city as well. So I was guessing this is another alternate universe or so.

I've read somewhere that there's a planned crossover with the Flash soon so I'm not sure how their gonna package that.
Yup. I went and checked IMDB, and found that the guy who played the older brother from Heroes(the senator that could fly) played the role of Morgan Edge in season 3. There he was working with organized crime against Lena Luthor and Supergirl.
I can understand changing actors with the merging of the universes, but to have a
Spoiler
kryptonian Morgan Edge
? I can't suspend disbelief for this!
It is nice to have a Lesla Lar character, but she's a Supergirl villainess! She should be in the SG series! Why not Faora Hu-Ul or Ursa? Superman had his own kryptonian supervillainesses!
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Spoiler
So now we have more pieces to the puzzle can we put together than the Superman in Steele's universe was probably taken over by the intellect of some Kryptonian and the same thing will probably happen to Clark. We saw three humans get possessed so we know this can happen.
crouchingtiger1950
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

It would be nice to have the ability from someone on here, a writer, producer, per se, to be able to contact the director of Superman and Lois and ask that person why there is not a better effort to coordinate at least those things relevant to the one earth following Crisis.

It was because of Crisis that the Children Lois gave birth to on the Krypton created planet, to be changed into two boys instead. That there would at least be mention of Supergirl say having been in the zone, and mentioning the death of the Green Arrow, but mention of those who worked with him still functioning. As well as there would also be mention of The Flast being available to help out or to help him out when needed.

Now that there is one eath instead of the many earths, the heros still going would have learned that they needed each others help instead of trying to win all battles without the help of the other heros.

This could also

allow for some humor to also take place what with use of Internet Communication using Zoom for example to communicate with each other though they are not needed for immediate help between the various cities where the heroes live.

This could not just lead to better humor but also better writing as then all the writing teams would have to coordinate to make it work. This type of strategy could also make the Verse world and CW have new blood in terms of interests from people who have not yet turned into CW's hero episodes.

Thoughts appreciated or is it impossible to coordinate such a task?
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

This show is rewriting continuity just to fit the writers whims. Last night's episode had Superman's mother saying the Kryptonians are a peaceful are or mostly. Which leaves out the whole past military and General Zod as a prominent theme in past comics, movies , and TV shows.
Damselbinder

Visitor wrote:
2 years ago
This show is rewriting continuity just to fit the writers whims. Last night's episode had Superman's mother saying the Kryptonians are a peaceful are or mostly. Which leaves out the whole past military and General Zod as a prominent theme in past comics, movies , and TV shows.
Is it not within the scope of an adaptation to get to decide certain things about a fictional species' history in a new continuity? Besides, the Kryptonians have often been portrayed as a pretty idyllic society in some versions. Why not this one, if they want?
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

crouchingtiger1950 wrote:
2 years ago
It would be nice to have the ability from someone on here, a writer, producer, per se, to be able to contact the director of Superman and Lois and ask that person why there is not a better effort to coordinate at least those things relevant to the one earth following Crisis.

It was because of Crisis that the Children Lois gave birth to on the Krypton created planet, to be changed into two boys instead. That there would at least be mention of Supergirl say having been in the zone, and mentioning the death of the Green Arrow, but mention of those who worked with him still functioning. As well as there would also be mention of The Flast being available to help out or to help him out when needed.

Now that there is one eath instead of the many earths, the heros still going would have learned that they needed each others help instead of trying to win all battles without the help of the other heros.

This could also

allow for some humor to also take place what with use of Internet Communication using Zoom for example to communicate with each other though they are not needed for immediate help between the various cities where the heroes live.

This could not just lead to better humor but also better writing as then all the writing teams would have to coordinate to make it work. This type of strategy could also make the Verse world and CW have new blood in terms of interests from people who have not yet turned into CW's hero episodes.

Thoughts appreciated or is it impossible to coordinate such a task?
I agree with you that now, after Crisis, with everybody in the same universe they ought to coordinate that connect and that affect the whole universe. I just don't think the writers or producers care about those continuity issues enough to make that happen. I suspect the writers for these shows have tunnel vision and are only concerned with their particular shows and don't consider their shows to be part of a larger universe, that they view their shows to be largely self contained within their own universe, which we all agree is the wrong mindset.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Maybe they don't have the budget for cross overs or maybe they want the show to focus on that character. BTW didn't Supergirl already do this idea in the first or second season where Superman was mind controlled by criminal Kryptonians? Superman could show up on the Flash and solve nearly every problem. Or on Batwoman.

It also bothers me that invading kryptonians is where they start the story. Not something small like Superman vs toy man or something.
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

I wasn't particularly looking forward to this series but now that I'm watching it I'm enjoying it. Thought that the most recent episode with the Kryptonion mass attack on Superman was well done throughout.

I do wish they would subject Supergirl to all the great perils they're inflicting on Superman. Kryptonite gas cannisters, red sun projectors and much more. It's not fair she doesn't get her share!

:yucky:
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
Danorian
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

DrDominator9 wrote:
2 years ago
I wasn't particularly looking forward to this series but now that I'm watching it I'm enjoying it. Thought that the most recent episode with the Kryptonion mass attack on Superman was well done throughout.

I do wish they would subject Supergirl to all the great perils they're inflicting on Superman. Kryptonite gas cannisters, red sun projectors and much more. It's not fair she doesn't get her share!

:yucky:
I concur that Supergirl should also have all of these perils too! Too bad her show is more about her supporting cast than the star! I remember the comics about Kara getting in perils, then using her powers, intellect(yes, she's SUPPOSED to be smart!), and feminine wiles to escape these perils!
Spoiler
Also funny how they portray Superman's Mom as being a slut(?). First getting paired by the Gestation Matrix with Maxwell Lord's dad, then breaking up with him to go after and make a baby(Kal-El)with Jor-El! Quite the scandal!
Well, we've had Steel, and the Eradicator. Cyborg Superman appeared in Supergirl, so when will we be getting "Superboy", and no, I don't mean Superman's super-powered son.

Two other points. When will Superman and Lois discover that pre-Crisis they had just had ONE son when the Crisis was happening? Second, how early in their relationship did Lois and Clark "hook" up?! Looking at Supergirl lore, she was in the Phantom Zone for 20 years while Kal was on Earth, and Kara has been on Earth about 17 years now? That makes Kal 37 or so, and the boys are in high school, making them about 15-16?
Did the Crisis push Lois and Clark together 16 years earlier? Silly enough that they got another kid in the deal. What is the status of Argo City? Kal and Lois were in Argo when the Crisis happened, taking care of their newborn child in an environment safe for Lois to tend to a 1/2 kryptonian child! Where were the boys born? If in Argo, why don't they remember their kryptonian heritage?
Too bad the writers don't seem to be fanboys(or girls)enough to consider these details which might be of significant importance.
Superman has a 80+year history(with Supergirl in 40 of them(not counting the time between her death and her return in '08)), and can't be completely ignored. The Crisis(CW style)can only rewrite so much!

My 2 cents.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

This last episode Clark finally gets some Clark time. Someone actually cares about him and asks him how he feels vs making demands out of him or talking about their problems.
Bronson881
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I am liking this series as well. I just wish it had come sooner and maybe get some crossovers between Superman and Supergirl. I would have preferred that Superman and Lois had a son and a daughter and maybe her getting advice from Supergirl on how she handled having powers.

Anyway, I am enjoying this show and yes also glad that Superman is getting adversaries who give him a real fight.
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I enjoyed tonight's episode. I think it might have been Dr. D who speculated that we might get some of Lois & Clark's backstory in a future episode and we got some of that tonight. I thought the backstory scenes were interesting and compelling, and put forth a better context to why Lois & Clark got together.
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

The episode had one interesting twist:
Spoiler
Lois was in love with dorky Clark Kent and not Superman.
There were some other little changes in continuity from the cmic books and Supergirl TV show.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

A rant so take it with a grain of salt.
Spoiler
So again does ANYONE on this show care about Clark. Lois thinks Clark has turned. Instead of "no, no Clark would never turn, we have to fight for Clark, c'mon boys we need to save your dad", she goes to the phone (a touch tone phone... really?) and calls Steele for him to bring his hammer. I haven't seen one person other than Clark's mom(s) express any concern for his well being or have faith in him. The boys become suspicious. Lois right away goes for Steele.

And before someone says its a small rural town, I have relatives in Hutchinson KS and they do NOT have touch tone phones. Yes even the bumpkins use cel phones. Touch tone phones, slide show projectors. How backward do they think these people are?
Danorian
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

I'm having fun watching the latest SM/Lois episode, and I'm seeing all the pride symbolism, and thinking "Gosh it would be nice if the CW's biggest LGBTQ show was on this month." while watching the most heterosexual show in the CW line-up!
Yes, I'm referring to the Supergirl show. Honestly, whomever is doing scheduling over at CW should be flogged for missing this opportunity to further support the LGBTQ community. I mean, it DOES have a lesbian couple, a trans hero, and the main hero seems to maybe be bi? Dunno, Kara hasn't had a real relationship in three seasons.
And CW wonders why the Arrowverse shows are having issues with viewership. I know there are other reasons, but I can see this being a contributor. This disjointed seasons just detract from viewership. I don't want multi-month gaps in episodes. OK, a couple weeks during the holiday season are acceptable, but in the spring/summer? Unless a show was supposed to be on Memorial Day or 4th of July, then stay on schedule!

Oh, about last week's episode, why didn't General Lane call in Supergirl if he knew Superman was about to solar flare? And this is why they used to have multiple Earths. So you didn't have to worry about crossing the streams. Have each batch of heroes have their little niche universes. Crisis was such a bad idea, beyond killing my beloved Kara Zor-El way back when!

My 2 cents.