Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
ricky1989
Henchman
Henchman

supergirl1984
Neophyte
Neophyte

Can't wait for this and I am so glad they put WW in the 80's. Lots of hot outfits ensured! Gal looks incredible.
ricky1989
Henchman
Henchman

Can’t wait for Wonder Woman vs Cheetah
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

Seeing WW seemingly struggling hard against Cheetah makes me look forward to this movie even more!
Check out my superheroine-related short stories here:

https://archiveofourown.org/users/brdiy/works
Lurkndog
Elder Member
Elder Member

IMDB now lists the movie as "expected August 14, 2020."
Lurkndog
Elder Member
Elder Member

Some of the movie tie-in toys have dropped, including a Lego set that has Wonder Woman in the gold armor versus a fully feline version of Cheetah. There's also a Maxwell Lord with some kind of radar/transmitter bunker.

https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Wonder-Chee ... B083JXYK71
ricky1989
Henchman
Henchman

Lurkndog
Elder Member
Elder Member

I really want to say "just release it on streaming already" but for a big budget movie like WW84 that probably won't work.

Arrg!!!

Lurkndog
Elder Member
Elder Member

I will say, we'll probably see the October box office records shattered.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

What bothers me is no leaked footage or script or anything. This is a 1984 mystery burger.
helstar
Elder Member
Elder Member

Mr. X wrote:
3 years ago
What bothers me is no leaked footage or script or anything. This is a 1984 mystery burger.
Some months ago I found a page where this guy (who attended a private screening) wrote a lenghty and detailed review, pointing out the whole movie plot (of course explaining how the character who died in the first WW is back here).

Don't know if it was made up, but it seemed legit enough.
Lurkndog
Elder Member
Elder Member

At this point I know I'm going to see it when it finally arrives, I don't really want spoilers.

Hopefully it is as good as the first one, if so I will be quite pleased.
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Wonder Woman 1984 new info. Also Justice League 2021

the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
ricky1989
Henchman
Henchman

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I just think the gold armour looks...silly
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

tallyho wrote:
3 years ago
Yeah, I am not a big fan of it either, preferring the ol' red n blue a lot more - but - if there was a new diving/swimming suit coming I'd be interested to see GG in that :D
My avatar courtesy of https://www.deviantart.com/sleepy-comics

My current story is Supergirl V Bane

This is all the stuff I've done here but don't tell anyone about this!
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

Abductorenmadrid wrote:
3 years ago
tallyho wrote:
3 years ago
Yeah, I am not a big fan of it either, preferring the ol' red n blue a lot more - but - if there was a new diving/swimming suit coming I'd be interested to see GG in that :D
Maybe if they decide to do a future movie with WW and Aquaman, who knows.

Wishful thinking...
Check out my superheroine-related short stories here:

https://archiveofourown.org/users/brdiy/works
vnv7272
Sargeant
Sargeant

I think my biggest issue with the movie might be Pedro's wig. That hairstyle looks jarring on him.
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

vnv7272 wrote:
3 years ago
I think my biggest issue with the movie might be Pedro's wig. That hairstyle looks jarring on him.
Yeah could be wrong but he definitely seems like he's been cast because he's one a hot streak right now with the Mandalorian and so on and less because he's right for the part. Basing that on just how he doesn't look right, he might do perfectly well with it.

Lowering my expectations for this one though, I don't know about you folks, but the whole Corona lockdown seems to have sapped the energy not just out of the film industry in general, but specifically the momentum of the superhero genre. We should be two or three more big superhero movies along by now right? At least Black Widow, Wonder Woman 1984, plus all the gossip, all the hype, that's completely gone.

To be honest, with this all happening right after Endgame, which was like a natural endpoint, I do wonder how or if the superhero genre is going to get its mojo back. Especially if cinemas aren't a popular destination for the next, what, year? Two years?
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

I think people are hungry for good superhero/heroine movies but it's possible Endgame was a dividing point in time for the genre. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes before movies are seen in theaters in this country. They keep hoping that the pandemic will ease up in the U.S. but that seems like a pipe dream for now. They may bite the bullet and stream WW1984 if they think that 2020 will not see theaters reopening. Black Widow, too.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

This is like when Westerns ended. Used to be every theater was running westerns, now maybe one every 10 years.
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Mr. X wrote:
3 years ago
This is like when Westerns ended. Used to be every theater was running westerns, now maybe one every 10 years.
Back in 1993 when they made "The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr." on Fox, they found that it had been so long since they made westerns that they had to go to retirement homes to find stuntmen to do the show. The current group didn't have the skills needed. For the pilot they brought back 5 actors that each used to star in their own western TV shows.
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Mr. X wrote:
3 years ago
It is, except that everything is ended.

Specifically though the crisis here is there's a genre of movie where the production and promotion expectations are in line for a billion dollar minimum global box office take, but there's no way that there's a billion dollars in the cinema for anything right now.

If superhero movies scale down, that's slow death, that won't work. But can they make money on a small screen launch? Some things have done. Netflix seems to make money on some fairly big movies. We're almost certainly going to see somebody try to launch a tent-pole blockbuster on digital streaming services this year.

Here's the thing though, what happens if the next big Marvel or DC event movie comes out on digital streaming and makes bank?

The Covid pandemic has the capacity to kill live theatre, live music, comedy clubs, all kinds of things. It might just kill mainstream cinemas too, not just because people won't go to them, but because studios find more money in online distribution.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Dogfish wrote:
3 years ago
The Covid pandemic has the capacity to kill live theatre, live music, comedy clubs, all kinds of things. It might just kill mainstream cinemas too, not just because people won't go to them, but because studios find more money in online distribution.
Well not covid that will destroy theaters, the over reaction to covid is causing all the destruction. But that's another argument.

This is a reset for the industry. This spiral of more and more expensive movies to make more and more expensive bank. Maybe now they can get back to lower budget items.
Damselbinder

tallyho wrote:
3 years ago
I guess I agree, but I think it kinda works. It's very glam.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Damselbinder wrote:
3 years ago
tallyho wrote:
3 years ago
You can't have it both ways, you're in or you're out.

:giggle:

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Bert

Mr. X wrote:
3 years ago
Well not covid that will destroy theaters, the over reaction to covid is causing all the destruction.
:slap:
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Latest Emergency Awesome Wonder Woman 1984 info...
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Thanks Scribbs . Looks interesting (but I still think the armour is silly!)

Damselbinder

tallyho wrote:
3 years ago
Damselbinder wrote:
3 years ago
tallyho wrote:
3 years ago
You can't have it both ways, you're in or you're out.

:giggle:
It's a superhero movie. Silliness is par for the course.
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Damselbinder wrote:
3 years ago
It's a superhero movie. Silliness is par for the course.
People have been telling DC that for years, it's taken a long time to get that message through.
shevek
Producer
Producer

If that is the Cheetah CGI in the trailer that Scribbler posted...it's adequate enough. Can't do much better than that with Kristen Wiig playing the part.
Lurkndog
Elder Member
Elder Member

tallyho wrote:
3 years ago
I think it makes her look way too much like Hawkgirl. Total gimmick infringement. ;)
Bert

Tenet21212231.jpg
Tenet21212231.jpg (76.95 KiB) Viewed 4234 times
I know there was resistance to Gal Godot before the first movie debuted and perhaps some still feel that way, but my God she looks amazing as Wonder Woman!
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Resistance is futile, and she was great in the first movie anyway :D
My avatar courtesy of https://www.deviantart.com/sleepy-comics

My current story is Supergirl V Bane

This is all the stuff I've done here but don't tell anyone about this!
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Bert wrote:
3 years ago

I know there was resistance to Gal Godot before the first movie debuted and perhaps some still feel that way, but my God she looks amazing as Wonder Woman!
Pretty sure many/most of the folks who didn't like the fact that they choose her....were anti-israel hobos.
She is just perfect in the role!
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
Damselbinder

I mean

some of us just thought - and still think - that she's just not a very good actress. She LOOKS the part but... that don't cut it.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Damselbinder wrote:
3 years ago
I mean

some of us just thought - and still think - that she's just not a very good actress. She LOOKS the part but... that don't cut it.
Well, I haven't seen many movies with her. And indeed she may be not a very good actress who will win the big prizes.
But I think she is a good one and she plays the role as Wonder Woman and Diana very convincing.
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Maskripper wrote:
3 years ago
Bert wrote:
3 years ago

Pretty sure many/most of the folks who didn't like the fact that they choose her....were anti-israel hobos.
She is just perfect in the role!
There was a definite anti-Israel people against Gadot,because racism against Jews is still acceptible. Just look at who was at the DNC convention several terrorist supporters
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I didn't like her originally as she seemed too spindly for me, but the padded bra helps.

Not everything comes back to religion

Acting wise she was fine just the plot had huge holes.

Damselbinder

She's kinda wooden, idk. Having seen Thor 3, I actually think Tessa Thompson might have been a better choice.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

tallyho wrote:
3 years ago
I didn't like her originally as she seemed too spindly for me, but the padded bra helps.

Not everything comes back to religion

Acting wise she was fine just the plot had huge holes.
I agree with the body type which was my objection

But there were several newspaper and anti Israel publication who were against her because Gadot is Jewish just like they are against Johansen
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Gal did have detractors when she was cast, but she won many over when she was wonderful in the movie. Main complaints were about her being too supermodel skinny, but she put on some pounds just like I said she would at the time. Also complaints about the costume. Was some anti-semitism too, but I didn't see a lot of that.

Gorgeous Wonder Woman.
Dazzle1 wrote:
3 years ago
Just look at who was at the DNC convention several terrorist supporters
Get this fucking bullshit Dazzle1 agenda propanganda out of this thread. There were no terrorist supporters at the convention. If you want to discuss it, Here's a thread for it in the phantom zone...

The Phantom Zone
One Member's Politics Bullshit Agenda Propanganda
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
Bert

theScribbler wrote:
3 years ago
Get this fucking bullshit Dazzle1 agenda propanganda out of this thread. There were no terrorist supporters at the convention. If you want to discuss it, Here's a thread for it in the phantom zone...

The Phantom Zone
Just block him. So easy.
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Gadot has the athletic ability and size for the role.
Damselbinder

Yes, but not the ability to emote convincingly.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Bert Scrbiller

The Squad, Linda Sansour are terrorist supporters
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Don't know why you want to muck up this nice Wonder Woman thread. Hope the mods delete your crap (and follow ups) in here.

Latest reply to Dazzle1 political agenda nonsense is here...

The Phantom Zone
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Damselbinder wrote:
3 years ago
Yes, but not the ability to emote convincingly.
Which I actually like. It brings a sense of eloquence. I'm actually glad they didn't pick an American. Too tempting to have her be some emotional basket case. Its nice to see a calm, non hyper emotional female for once.