Harley Quinn cartoon

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Anybody else checked this out? I saw the first episode and I love it. In a lot of ways it feels like the Batman animated series from the 90s, except skewed into the perspective of Harley Quinn, almost like it's her own hallucination. The voice acting is top notch and there's some great casting in there, and there's some interesting takes on the characters too. Commissioner Gordon is burned out and on the edge, the Joker is a colossal prick, Ivy is the brains of the outfit and she's got a giant Little Shop of Horrors-like plant, Batman is properly deadpan and there's a general sense that Harley isn't really playing the supervillain game on his radar yet despite the body count.

Can't wait to see where they go with it.
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

haven't seen this yet? Is it a series or animated movie
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I'm waiting for it to be available other than DC Universe streaming service. I did like the teaser.
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

batgirl1969 wrote:
4 years ago
haven't seen this yet? Is it a series or animated movie
It's a series.
Lurkndog
Elder Member
Elder Member

I was impressed by Kaley Cuoco's take on Harley Quinn in the trailer. She leaves Melissa Rauch in the dust.
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Lurkndog wrote:
4 years ago
I was impressed by Kaley Cuoco's take on Harley Quinn in the trailer. She leaves Melissa Rauch in the dust.
I don't think a Harley actress has ever had this much to work with, there's the usual manic stuff, then there's the swearing and whatnot, but more importantly her chemistry with Poison Ivy is superb and it's way better having her bouncing off another woman conversationally (or whatever) because her relationship to the Joker is too manipulative/reverent to really allow for funny back and forth. Feels like there is a lot of scope for development and range here too, so I'm optimistic.
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Visitor wrote:
4 years ago
I'm waiting for it to be available other than DC Universe streaming service. I did like the teaser.
Will it ever be? I've been waiting forever for Titans to be available on something other than DC Universe.
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I've seen Titans out on DVD so they may go that route. Because of language and violence, I don't see it making most cable channels and certainly no commercial without heavy editing.

I was watching Looney Tunes cartoons on Blu-Ray and the commentary track mentioned scenes that were edited out from the original 1940s versions because of cartoon violence for airing on TV with those delicate children watching. :)
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Visitor wrote:
4 years ago
I've seen Titans out on DVD so they may go that route. Because of language and violence, I don't see it making most cable channels and certainly no commercial without heavy editing.

I was watching Looney Tunes cartoons on Blu-Ray and the commentary track mentioned scenes that were edited out from the original 1940s versions because of cartoon violence for airing on TV with those delicate children watching. :)
Well, I was thinking more along the lines of Amazon Prime or some other pay-to-watch service where you can just buy the series without subscribing to an entire network. It seems ridiculous for me to DC to have their own streaming service.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Wow, this is cute and funny and violent and sexy. The "emancipation" of Harley in this series is (I bet) going to be ten times better than whatever gets cobbled together in that Birds of Prey movie.

Looking forward to seeing how this develops and how much it leans on Harley lore (I've enjoyed some of the Palmiotti/Conner books).

Batgirl1969 - any thoughts on what you'd like to see Pamela do to Harleen? :)
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

TIEnTEEZ wrote:
4 years ago
Visitor wrote:
4 years ago

Well, I was thinking more along the lines of Amazon Prime or some other pay-to-watch service where you can just buy the series without subscribing to an entire network. It seems ridiculous for me to DC to have their own streaming service.
Yep. Probably I'll wait till season is over, sub for a month, then unsub.
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

shevek wrote:
4 years ago
Wow, this is cute and funny and violent and sexy. The "emancipation" of Harley in this series is (I bet) going to be ten times better than whatever gets cobbled together in that Birds of Prey movie.

Looking forward to seeing how this develops and how much it leans on Harley lore (I've enjoyed some of the Palmiotti/Conner books).

Batgirl1969 - any thoughts on what you'd like to see Pamela do to Harleen? :)
I would love to see Ivy seduce her slowly by introducing small comments and toxins to turn HQ into her submissive little slave....little by little until HQ is under her total control...then the fun would begin!!! vines and veggies....does a body good
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Couple of episodes in and this is legitimately great.

The way that it has superheroes (or in this case villains) doing mundane stuff amid the mayhem reminds me of some of my favourite episodes of the old The Tick series. The scenes of Harley and Ivy in Ivy's apartment, Bane at the sports quiz, Joker trying to get his secret hideout rebuilt, or the various supervillains gossiping around the coffee machine at the Legion of Doom HQ are genius. The characters have built on the sort of chemistry that they seem to have in the original animated series and the Arkham games that followed, where there's almost a Wile E Coyote and the sheepdog professional rivalry but it's all self aware and professional.

Looks like they are holding off on the Good Ship Ivyquinn (Or is it Poison Harley?) for the time being, but it has to happen because they're just so damn cute.
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I watched the clip of Harley at the bar mitzvah and they are so in character. Especially funny is Joker complaining to his contractor that his hideout site is considered residential when at best it could be considered commercial if it wasn't in one of Gotham's many abandoned areas.
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Visitor wrote:
4 years ago
I watched the clip of Harley at the bar mitzvah and they are so in character. Especially funny is Joker complaining to his contractor that his hideout site is considered residential when at best it could be considered commercial if it wasn't in one of Gotham's many abandoned areas.
I loved that even in an armed stand-off if your contractor calls you have to deal with it because real life shit is prioritised over the potential life and death shit. I love Alan Tudyk as the Joker too, he must be absolutely shredding his throat to do the voice though. He gets it though, the same way Hamill does, the Joker voice needs to work on two levels, it needs that mania, that's the hook, but the charm of the character lives in that sort of jaded, world-weary, straight man character. So he can be berating his supervillain cohorts one minute, utterly vexed by zoning regulations the next. The best Jokers always retain that sense that behind the crazy there's a relatable every man type guy, trying to get on in the world who is constantly thwarted.

If anything that's the beauty of the Batman/Joker pairing, they are each other's comedy partner, so like at one point Joker will be doing something crazy and Batman will be all serious, and then later on Batman will save the day in a ridiculously unlikely way (albeit without cracking a smile or acknowledging the awesomeness), thwarting the plan, and Joker will play it like this is the universe's joke on him. And even though this is more a Harley/Joker show the Joker still has that same energy and it's still great.

Goddamnit. I could gush about how good this show is all day and I've only seen about fifty minutes of it. It's just so good.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Gotta be honest - although Harley has definitely been established as M.O.T. (especially with that Brooklyn accent), the name "Cobblepot" doesn't sound particularly Jewish :)

Really funny show that relies a ton on innuendo and raunchiness. Poor Kite Man - he tries so hard.

And as for IvyQuinn....well, the subject of finger-banging came up.
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I see that for now YouTube has most of the first two episodes in short clips. If you take some time to sort them out you can catch up.

Making the Cobblepots Jewish is more a reason for certain types of jokes that wouldn't be usable otherwise. Also the end of the second episode with Ivy going about this is just a procedure to cure the kids.
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Visitor wrote:
4 years ago
I see that for now YouTube has most of the first two episodes in short clips. If you take some time to sort them out you can catch up.

Making the Cobblepots Jewish is more a reason for certain types of jokes that wouldn't be usable otherwise. Also the end of the second episode with Ivy going about this is just a procedure to cure the kids.
The kid coming back for seconds is the greatest hero in Gotham City.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Plowed through Episode 3 and 4, as Harley is sorting out which villainous goofballs are joining her gang. And they are some seriously entertaining goofballs to be sure. Wanda Sykes as the Queen of Fables is hilarious - the 'raunchy talking book' reminds me somewhat of the Caged Demonwolf from Empowered. Or maybe just generally any magical talking item from Beauty and the Beast, if it was a chainsmoker.

I think I've got a word for the kind of approach this show is taking: "gonzo feminism".

Instead of reinforcing traditional power archetypes through shock-and-awe vulgarity-and-violence mixed with dark humor (an approach I have no issue with - it produced The Boys!)....the creators of this animated Harley show (and, I'm betting, Kaley Cuoco as well) seem bent on *subverting* archetypes while using almost the exact same kind of dialogue mix. And I think *both* can work and be equally respected, as long as you don't have too much of an ideological bias about preferring one or the other.

Anyway, I'm enjoying Harley's wild ride immensely. I would really love to see her do the hanky-panky with someone soon, though. She obviously has quite a lot of manic energy to power an impressive libido if she wants to. I wouldn't care if it was Ivy or Kite Man. :)

Also, we keep hearing about 'Catwoman' but I want to see and hear what Sanaa Lathan's version of Selina Kyle looks like in this universe, as soon as possible!
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

What I'm liking is how this version keeps subverting expectations with unexpected dialogue and actions compared to any other movie or TV show using these characters. Most of what happens couldn't occur on commercial television with language and extreme violence although you could take most of that out without hurting what makes this show so delightful.

The episodes like to end with a funny scene that goes contrary to the stereotypes. From Poison Ivy having to do the procedure to save the bar mitzvah boy's friends from dying (episode 2) to Batman using isn't that the Bat-signal to get out of answering Damien's question (episode 4).

Watching the Joker having to deal with his contractor to repair the hideout. This has to be the safest job in Gotham since all the villains are in need of his services so he can't be killed or not paid because the next time you need one there won't be any available.

Ivy's cutting off Kite Man's flirtation and then in another episode asking Harley if he mentioned her. In every other comic or show she hasn't any real interest in men except for occasionally Batman, but now she's checking out her chances.

Ivy's apartment and dealing with her landlord. This is one of the rare time I've seen her not using an abandoned greenhouse or toxic dump. She's got all these nice things and Harley keeps wrecking them.
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I love that her landlord is Duckman.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Good points, Visitor. Superhero trope subversion = The Tick. The hipster heroes in the Brooklyn apartment vibe = established canon by Palmiotti and Conner, who also introduced Sy Borgman in 2014. My guess is that Borgman will in the next episode allow Harley and Ivy to stay in the apartment in exchange for joining her crew, since in the comics Sy winds up being Harley's good friend.

Ivy and Harley are both bisexual in the comics. Keeps everyone interested.

Ivy's home tchotchkes are part of the millennial vibe the show is trying to set (along with constant social-media quips). That might be the show's only big mistake: those jokes will end up feeling dated, unlike the perennial Batman: TAS.

I like the TV chat show devolving into super hero battle chaos, though. It's like what you can imagine happened *after* the eagle attacked Kramer during the "Merv Griffin Show" he re-created in his apartment, on Seinfeld. (And there seems to be a good amount of Larry David-ism here: Jason Alexander [yes, Dogfish] as Sy; Wanda Sykes and JB Smoove from Curb as Queen of Fables and Frank the Plant).

Here's what I meant by "gonzo feminism": the show repeatedly mentions how various characters "can't" do something because they are female. Then the characters try their hardest to do the thing. They might fail to do it, but at least they try, with measures of raunchiness and vulgarity. As a proponent of second-wave, I would say this Cagney-and-Lacey-style "merit through struggle" approach is a more realistic and honest way of going about conveying female empowerment rather than the triumphalist and self-validating Mary Sue method. And it's within the boundaries of the wacky vibe that Palmiotti and Conner have already set up for the character in the comics. Harley doesn't recruit an all-female crew (i.e. the current Marvel Comics approach) - she simply works within the limitations of her situation by scarfing up misfit schlubs who share her outsider status in the supervillain community.

Still can't wait to see what Catwoman looks like! (guess why)
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Loved the new episode reimagining Harley's backstory to provide the reasons she ended up as she did with Joker, which feels like a fairly fundamental development in her going off on her own path. Feels like some necessary housekeeping for the show because Joker needed to be less fundamental to the character. Making Harley a lifelong low-key psychopath makes her story less Joker-centric than if she'd just been somebody he lured into a life of crime. It also explains why she's such a good therapist to the other Arkham residents, which establishes her friendship with Ivy.
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

The Isle of Repressed Memories was great as Harley could look back at her past as an adult and see things differently. Nice little bits like why her mother recycled so many wine bottles, her father's business meetings, the rumor about how she lost her virginity, and the implication of what happened to the girl that spread the rumor. You get to see that the present with Ivy might be the best time in her life.

Nice format with each episode looking at a different phase in the making of a super villain. Leaving being a sidekick, getting established, gathering a gang, picking a nemesis, and finding a hideout. I guessing the season ends with Harley Quinn making it to the big leagues facing Batman and the Joker whining about being left behind.
shevek
Producer
Producer

It wasn't a bad time, but sorry, I do feel that this was the weakest of the episodes so far.

One thing that's amusing is the way they spend an inordinate amount of time creating elaborate "sight gags" that only last for a second - like in the various Fox animated series, except the artistry here is much more detailed. For example, they carefully drew a whole panel of diverse teachers just to stand and look horrified behind the *one* mustachioed guy who ogled Harley's ass as she exited shop class. That's dedication.

I'm not usually a fan of metaphysical scenarios where the majority of the action is spent inside someone's mind (this happened in Doom Patrol as well).
And although you're right about the need to ditch Joker, I don't think retconning her origin memories was the way to do it - after all, in real life, she still has the lily-white skin from having jumped in the acid vat. She just doesn't remember having done it anymore. There's a certain mental disconnect to that, and I'm hoping it doesn't have to do with the gonzo feminism. I'd rather she owned her past mistake rather than erasing it.

The other thing that made me uneasy were the "Jewish lightning" jokes and the concept of two "alta kockers" (Golda was played by Rhea Perlman) putting a bunch of bodies into an oven for cremation. Maybe the Jewish writer of the episode, Adam Stein (who directed the Kim Possible movie in 2019) thought he was being edgy by going in that direction, but I thought it went a bit too far. Especially because the character of Harley herself was originally based on Jewish actress Arleen Sorkin and a neurotic Borscht Belt comedy sensibility. (Wonder if Dazzle has an opinion on it?)
https://www.dcuniverse.com/news/harley- ... ley-quinn/

Glad they found their lair, and cool that Sy Borgman is finally a comrade on the team (it brings the lineup closer to the comics), but the story wasn't that great (at least for me) along the way.
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I don't think she's scrubbed her original memories, but I think rebuilding her original memory, with the piece she had repressed included, and then processing what it meant made sense. She's meant to be a very good therapist after all, so it made sense she'd be able to process her own issues if she found herself in a situation where she could take a baseball bat to them in person. She was establishing her origin story as the moment she dumped Joker rather than the moment she fell for him (literally), but I don't think that means she's forgotten her leap into the chemicals.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Dogfish wrote:
4 years ago
I don't think she's scrubbed her original memories, but I think rebuilding her original memory, with the piece she had repressed included, and then processing what it meant made sense. She's meant to be a very good therapist after all, so it made sense she'd be able to process her own issues if she found herself in a situation where she could take a baseball bat to them in person. She was establishing her origin story as the moment she dumped Joker rather than the moment she fell for him (literally), but I don't think that means she's forgotten her leap into the chemicals.
We'll just have to disagree on that one, because as far as I could tell in the story, in her memory, she has replaced the jump with telling Joker that she *won't jump*. In other words, rather than merely extracting a repressed memory, facing its consequences (mainly, her current pale physical appearance, which as far as I know was caused by the acid), and moving on, she has erased it and replaced it with a fabricated one that never happened. Then, with the jump memory erased, she has *reconstituted* her origin as the combination of the new fabricated memory (where she tells Joker she won't leap) and the later memory (where she tells Joker to fuck off, and leaves him). It seems like Harley is conducting an "Edit A Thon" of her mental Wikipedia.

In the comics, this does not take place in the Palmiotti run which has established the modern independent Harley. Sure, she tells Joker to fuck off, but that is a simple and straightforward *action* she takes. She's just sick of him, and that's it. It does not involve editing or changing the past, or retconning anything. She simply womans-up, takes responsibility for her own previous failings, and hooks up with her own gang and Poison Ivy. She does not need a safari through her entire inner psyche just to do this.

Even though she is a psychiatrist, after all, normally even psychiatrists don't have the ability to physically plunge into the circus antics of their own mind. She can only do this because Doctor Psycho is there...because of the ironic assistance of a villain who is a demonstrated pervert and misogynist, so much so that he is rejected from the Legion of Doom. Has proven bastard Dr. Psycho really abruptly become a sensitive caring New Man just because of this episode where he helps Harley? Will he appear in the next episode wearing a Man-Bun? :) I would hope not. That, in itself, would be another unwarranted revision.

Besides "gonzo feminism", I'm also thinking that "Scooby-Doo meets Curb Your Enthusiasm" might be a good descriptor of the series' atmosphere so far.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Anyone still watching this consistently entertaining series?

Episode 6 wasn't the best of the lot (the subplot with Gordon and Clayface's baby arm was rather mewling) but it was still OK. There was a bit of "I'm Batman" hi-jinks, and some sex jokes about Giganta. Worth a spin.

Episode 7 was solid, with a nice epic battle, and it directly brought out the "Larry David" influence: a whole episode with Curb regular Wanda Sykes playing the sexy and murderous Queen of Fables (cute costume), and a comedy routine with Ivy and Kiteman straight from "Seinfeld! Party of four!".

The low-grade gonzo-political snarkiness continues: "misogynist", "war crimes", "prison-industrial complex", [a man being good at] "cunnilingus",
"lack of affordable housing", "super-racist", and so on...but it's so interwoven into the script that it's just another aspect of the production. And there's nothing like pissing off the Twitter outrage mobs: search the latest hashtags about the show and you'll find pathetic whining about how the
***established bisexual*** Poison Ivy's furtive trysts with Kiteman are somehow "homophobic" and "heteronormative," like she can't play the field and fuck whomever she wants. Extremists always have something to complain about because nothing's ever utopian enough for their goddamn 'headcanon'.

Anyway, it's generally fun stuff. And now we also have a different humor reference: with allusions to Kord Industries and Jason Praxis, the series pulls materials out of that mid-90s era when Keith Giffen and his compatriots wrote the laugh-out-loud Justice League International and Justice League Europe (you know, the ones with all the plots involving hot heroines Fire, Ice, Power Girl and Crimson Fox).

And the best thing of all - Sy Borgman with a joke for the old heads, reminding the audience that Henry Kissinger is still alive! (he's 96)
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

The Ivy sub plots are consistently funny as they consistently subvert Ivy's image. The only things they kept from the past comics and shows is her and plants and her friendship with Harley. She's living in a better place, dating, and hiding from the public are so different from expectations. The only times she uses her powers are for a few fight scenes to defend Harley, while the rest of the times she's barely a criminal.

Meanwhile Harley is still learning to be bad. I'm waiting for the next episode because it seems the only reason the LOD wants Harley is some women to hit on with the all male villain group.
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

It's still great, but it feels a bit like it's just rolling along the last few episodes. The Jim Gordon and Queen of Fables episodes seemed very focused on fairly standard character development stories, which are nice and all, but we all probably saw things where the moral of the story was as simplistic as 'Don't be selfish' and 'Don't murder people' when we were kids and it's sort of new, but not. It's not bad, I'd just like to see some more new ground.
shevek
Producer
Producer

OK, I haven't been able to get through the recent CW stuff yet (literally fell asleep halfway through Crisis on Infinite Earths Part 4) but before I do that, I've gotten up to date with the Harley series.

Episode 8 picks up the pace quite a bit, as Harley battles a member of the Justice League which impresses the Legion of Doom but puts Ivy on the outs. There's also a side plot where the writers create an original character for the series - Sy Borgman's sister Mirielle who has quite an unusual problem. You'll have to watch it to get the rest of the story.

The 'dirtbag leftism' continues. It's kind of like listening to the Chapo Trap House show, if you know what that is.
Psycho being reminded he can't say "cunt"; "yass queen"; "kombucha"; "boys club/sausage party"; "we have a woman [Cheetah] but her name escapes me at the moment"; Harley objecting to Kiteman's "babe"; Bane's "political correctness is killing comedy"; and finally Luthor's quip about Bane's membership in the Legion involving "a lot of politics" (hint: Bane was created by Chuck Dixon).

Overall this was pretty funny, though. My prediction for the series is that by the end, Harley & Ivy will shack up and blow off the Legion to form their own rival gang, but I could be wrong. What do you think will happen?
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

What I would like is to see Harley graduate to arch-nemisis status with Batman and have a knock down fight that lasts for 10 minutes. Meanwhile sitting around watching are her crew and Ivy and Damian similar to the fight scene from "Undercover Brother" where they don't interfere. The crew is having popcorn and Ivy is pushing veggie sticks as a more nutritional alternative. Damian is flirting with Ivy, not for a date, but to see if she'll be his arch-nemisis since he's lost Harley to his dad.

I could see Batman tossing Harley back into Arkham and she's happy to have made it to the top. Meanwhile the Joker is fuming at becoming downgraded to Damian level as a threat.
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Episode 10 - Bensonhurst
Harley goes home to her parents for a look back to her messed up family life and competing to make the US Olympic team in gymnastics. Really good look at how her life was like long before she met the Joker.
Spoiler
Lots of New York Jewish stereotypes with her mother's disappointment in how Harley turned out by not marrying a doctor and hooking up with the Joker for not being Jewish.
Best bits are the explanation of how loan sharks serve an economic niche for people who can't get loans from normal sources and the return of Joshua, the Penguin's nephew. Also a goon working to make money for his regular job and part of the need to maintain his rating.
Last edited by Visitor 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Episode 9

There were some hilarious jokes near the beginning of the episode that really made me laugh hard, and the scene in the Legion of Doom's conference room was great. Also key was how Bane poached Harley's crew to apply the "reckoning" to that annoying millennial barista.

I seriously had to look up whether Zach Braff has been getting any work lately. He really hasn't. His last series was one season of a 2018 sitcom where his wife was smoking hot Indian actress Tiya Sircar (who also played Fiona Byrne in a couple episodes of Supergirl). After that, not much. The episode is rather brutal in calling him out on that. :)

Episode 10

Harley going home to her parents was great. I've mentioned a few times that this series is soaked in New York / Larry David / Jewish humor. The Quinzels are like the Costanzas if they were criminals.

The funny thing about 'Bensonhurst' is that they're representing it the way Jimmy Palmiotti would remember it from the 80s. From what I understand, these days Bensonhurst is actually becoming a lot more Chinese and South Asian, similar to what's happening in the Pittsburgh neighborhood I grew up in. But the episode really did have that gabagol Italian gangster feel.
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Slight tangent, but one thing that I think is super important about this series is that this is the best looking version of Harley Quinn that anybody has ever done. Don't get me wrong, Margot Robbie is incredibly hot, but the Suicide Squad costume was shit and the new movie costumes make her look like a stoned art teacher. This new animated one, and the new costume, look amazing. I'm not sure it's completely new of course, I think the comic book Harley Quinn had something similar going on, but the art standard in the new series takes it all to another level. The animation quality is phenomenal too, good enough that some of the best bits of the episodes can be simple facial expressions and reaction shots.

Between that and the stellar voice cast it's all just really high quality stuff. I wonder if they're going to be able to keep it going for as long as it deserves. The way they've chosen to broadcast it is probably the craziest thing about the show.

Wondering now if there's anybody could pull off a Harley Quinn porn parody based off this version. Might have to paint themselves white though so it's probably a non-starter. :noexpression:
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Another nice thing about this series is that it's more like a really long movie than several related episodes. Now that we're coming to the end of the story arc lots of little elements are coming together. Beyond the Harley and Joker relationship, you have the return of the Queen of Fables, the significance of Kiteman, the Harley and Ivy relationship, and Harley and Batman relationship.

Then there were the tanks and all the jokes using them.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Skipped 11 because I couldn't find it (although it might be a good thing - plot synopsis says it takes place largely in Ivy's head, and I'm not a huge fan of that trope which they already used once in the series anyway).

But 12 is getting to be a doozy: a lot of "meshuggenah" rushed plot development packed into so little time. Loved the return of Kiteman - he has an endearing Tick-like quality to his cluelessness. Justice League makes an appearance, with Superman binding Harley and Wonder Woman lassoing Ivy for a brief stint. The other great thing is an actual "shrripping" scene: Ivy turns into a Giganta substitute in a torn "Attack of the 50 Foot Woman" style outfit.

There is a shocking ending to this episode but it would be untoward to spoil it, so you'll need to watch it yourself.
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l2DvgIyD5E

Episode 11 has a really great opening where Ivy escapes that is truly in character for this version. It carries over into Ivy's dialogue in episode 12 when she's giant size.

Guards saying Ivy is harmless without her plants. This really is proven wrong.
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Episode 13 has too many twists. Really different and great start. Best line and sums up this series:

"This isn't a Disney movie."
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Now on SyFy channel on Sunday nights.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Just seen first episode and it's excellent, great fun, with some snappy dialogue.
I love it
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Spoiler

Not the biggest fan, but at least we got the Harley/Ivy kiss
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Their expressions, priceless.