Stargirl in 2020

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Mr. X wrote:
3 years ago
Maskripper wrote:
3 years ago

So if someone tries to stop a villain and someone gets killed by the villain in the process......the hero is to blame? Sorry, not for me.....

Yes. She engaged him when she should have thought things out. No different than if Superman fought Doomsday on a school yard full of kids.
Well, the kids weren't there as the fight started.
It was Pat who put him on that bridge.
And it's isn't his fault either.
Icicle tried to kill all the kids just to distract the heroes....
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
shevek
Producer
Producer

It's just teenagers doing teenage things. Like punching cars and trees.

But seriously, Episode 5 introducing the Dr Midnite and Hourman characters spent so much time with exposition, there was no actual payoff. It's rare that you see an episode of a superhero show with no action scenes. And no, confronting Hourman Jr in the woods about his anger issues doesn't count.

I'd be tempted to say you could almost skip this episode, as the ladies don't even appear in their costumes until right near the end.
Just watch the last five minutes to get a sense of how to move on. And maybe the part where bad girl Megan (who will become Shiv) puts on her sexy Halloween costume, but that's far too short as well.

The only new character who's hinted at in this episode is Artemis Crock, the daughter of Crusher and Paula. It's clear that she'll become some kind of heroine, but not how close the character might be to her best-known iteration in Young Justice, where she has Green Arrow-like archery skills. Her athleticism is mentioned, but no bows and arrows.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Maskripper wrote:
3 years ago
No to distract Stargirl because she picked a fight and didn't think out the consequences. Pat was relentlessly telling her to slow down, be careful.
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

Mr. X wrote:
3 years ago
Maskripper wrote:
3 years ago
No to distract Stargirl because she picked a fight and didn't think out the consequences. Pat was relentlessly telling her to slow down, be careful.
The whole point of this scene, as well as the hospital scene (turning off the power) was to show that she WAS inexperienced, and that there will be consequences to just pushing forward without thinking things through. Even Supergirl had that one episode where her inexperience caused more damage when she was merely trying to help.
Check out my superheroine-related short stories here:

https://archiveofourown.org/users/brdiy/works
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I'm not really in the demographic for a JSA made up of highschoolers & Pat vs villains who vanquished the highschooler's more experienced elders before. But it's kinda fun and I do have a lot of free time these days, so I'll follow it for awhile.

Being all caught up with the series so far, I'm wondering: why can't Pat use some of the magical power giving items, and come to think about, why not his hot wife as well. Not all the items seem to be DNA activated (the goggles aren't).

I probably should read some JSA comics that inform this show. Any suggestions?
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

brdiy wrote:
3 years ago
Mr. X wrote:
3 years ago
Maskripper wrote:
3 years ago
The whole point of this scene, as well as the hospital scene (turning off the power) was to show that she WAS inexperienced, and that there will be consequences to just pushing forward without thinking things through. Even Supergirl had that one episode where her inexperience caused more damage when she was merely trying to help.
Yes but there's no scene where she learns anything. Supergirl didn't get some kid killed. I'm all for scenes like this IF the heroine LEARNS something like Stargirl is backing off the staff for a bit or crying her head off for the loss or seeking some wisdom or SOMETHING. But she does NOTHING. That's where the episode loses. It got right up to the line then just falls flat.
Bronson881
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Courtney will make mistakes at first and will learn from them. I mean if Courtney was perfect, we would not like that so much. She will grow into her role as a Superhero.

I like that we are meeting what will be the new Justice Society member one at a time to get to know them.

As for Courtney saying that Starman is her dad, first we have no confirmation yet and it accorded to me that since Pat was Starman's sidekick which means they spent time together, wouldn't Starman have mentioned having a daughter especially when he was dying?
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

In the last episode (5) Hourman and Dr. Mid-Nite get introduced.

Pictures:
-

And here is the video (all scenes with masked women from the episode):

-
On the one hand this episode is interesting and important as it introduces Hourman and Dr. Mid-Nite into the show.
The episode takes a lot of time in showing backstory to the characters and that is needed to really "get" the characters.
On the other hand this episode offers only barely 5 minutes of Stargirl in costume and NONE(!) action at all. Like in the last episode Stargirl doesn't have to fight against anyone.
And that is so far my biggest problem with the show.
In episode 1 Courtney had a short fight with some punks while wearing a bandana to mask herself. A nice scene, but short.
In episode 2 Stargirl fought Brainwave in a really good action scene. So far the best action we got.
In episode 3 Stargirl had a very short fight with Icicle. Nice, but not enough.
In episodes 4 and 5 there was NONE action as she was in costume (in regards of fights against someone).
The show really need to improve on that and I'm sure it will!
Because now all the characters of the hero side have been introduced.

And the trailer for episode 6 shows that they will get into some serious action! :-)

-
Looks like the team get into a fight VS some experienced villains.
And the mini trailer already offers more action and peril then the last 3 episodes togetgher :-)
Looking forward to this one!
Perhaps the villains are curious to peek under the masks of Stargirl and Wildcat.... ;-)
-

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I can understand from the writing viewpoint that there is an obligatory shopping list of things that has to be conveyed. How they deliver on that can be done in various ways but they are not going to please everyone.

If in episode 1 they had a pre-made Stargirl people would want to see Courtney's backstory. Enter an episode later on of how Courtney was before she got her powers. Likewise for her team mates. In season 1 you might get some hot action right up front but the story telling would need to go back and fill in the blanks. Shows like these will always have what hardcore peril seekers might think of as "dead space", where tedious things like character development and ... I don't know, villains getting up to their own mischief happen, all keeping the costumed heroine off your screen.
My avatar courtesy of https://www.deviantart.com/sleepy-comics

My current story is Supergirl V Bane

This is all the stuff I've done here but don't tell anyone about this!
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Episode 5 also saw the beginning of Brainwave, Jr. as Henry King Jr. finally can read a mind.
IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

Maskripper wrote:
3 years ago

Looks like the team get into a fight VS some experienced villains.
And the mini trailer already offers more action and peril then the last 3 episodes togetgher :-)
Looking forward to this one!
Perhaps the villains are curious to peek under the masks of Stargirl and Wildcat.... ;-)
-
From the descriptions I've read so far, it sounds like the villains do get the better of them.
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Episode 6 was great stuff ...

As you can imagine, with the team slowly building in numbers they were eventually going to get into action together, so here goes. You saw the preview images of the villains this episode earlier in the thread and they didn't disappoint - them fitting in with the tone of the show really well, if anything I would liken them to Mercy and Otis Graves. Oh and I enjoy Sportsmaster's contribution in a fight - a really entertaining spectacle to behold!

Enjoy !!

Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Has anyone noticed the heroes all get powers from items and the villains get most of their powers from skill or innate abilities.

Maybe Wildcat might be an exception but she's not climbing walls without the suit.
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Pretty much a more mystical source of power for the heroes and less on there old established science basis except for Dr. Midnight's goggles that are now updated to include an AI. Hourman was a chemical in the original and now is an hourglass being flipped over. Wildcat is mostly the shape fitting costume for abilities. Stargirl is okay since the power was the Cosmic Rod. Same with the Green Lantern for powers.

It's a crutch so the young inexperienced heroes get to jump into fighting without training. It makes for more mistakes while they have to learn how to use their new powers. So luck over skills for them.
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

So the villains just need to steal the staff, steal the hourglass, steal the goggles, and strip catgirl out of her costume, and show's over! Easier said than done I suppose.

The SupremeGirl in my avatar also got her powers from costume items. But since I was the writer, getting her stripped was easy! It was her destiny.

:super:
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I understand what some of you are saying, but just playing devil's advocate for a second - who is to say if you stole the violin or the hockey mask from the villains that they too might be neutralised?

For now it seems some powers are either handed down or are something that is worn or carried - something that may affect both sides of the good and evil path.

mkells
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Just watched episode 6. Nice episode. The fight scenes were well done and the JSA did not take the total ass kicking that the previews made it look like they would get. Right now, Beth is pretty useless in a fight, so I'm not even going to talk about her. Rick took a pretty good beating from Sportsmaster, Wildcat had some moments against Tigress, but also kind of got her ass handed to her. Courtney made the best showing, holding her own against Sportsmaster until Tigress joined the fight She took a couple of nasty shots in the 1 vs. 2 portion of the fight, but she was still standing and ready for more at the end, having survived Sportsmaster's attempt to blow up her staff. Hopefully Courtney and her team will learn from the experience and pay attention to Pat's training.
Bronson881
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Getting defeated in their first fight is good in that they are not going to be as cocky and yes I hope Pat is able to help with his training.
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Yes, I didn't want to say too much until state-side had had a chance to see the episode but the progression of the team is at least sensible. No one seemed to perform beyond reasonable expectations as rookies (which is good) and hopefully the team's progression will be slow and steady, not an instant change-around.

I think the most significant moment of the episode though was when Rick tears into Pat. Pointing out to Pat that together, Stargirl and her team seemed to have made more progress in days than Pat had in years seemed to be a big wake-up call. It was a bit cruel, Pat having made the sort of progress only he knows how, but, it made him realise that with the staff choosing Courtney perhaps things were actually moving on the right path.

Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

theScribbler wrote:
3 years ago
So the villains just need to steal the staff, steal the hourglass, steal the goggles, and strip catgirl out of her costume, and show's over! Easier said than done I suppose.

The SupremeGirl in my avatar also got her powers from costume items. But since I was the writer, getting her stripped was easy! It was her destiny.

:super:

I noticed the heroes all have items that give them powers while the villains predominantly have super powers or innate or trained abilities. Wonder if that's a theme.
mkells
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Now that the season is about half over and the characters are pretty well established: Who do you think is hotter? or Who would you rather hook up with? Courtney (Stargirl) or Yolanda (Wildcat)
This post is not intended to be creepy. Although the characters in the show are teenagers, both of the actresses are in their 20s. (Brec Bassinger is 21 and Yvette Monreal is 27) I did not include Beth because the actress is only 17.
IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

mkells wrote:
3 years ago
Now that the season is about half over and the characters are pretty well established: Who do you think is hotter? or Who would you rather hook up with? Courtney (Stargirl) or Yolanda (Wildcat)
This post is not intended to be creepy. Although the characters in the show are teenagers, both of the actresses are in their 20s. (Brec Bassinger is 21 and Yvette Monreal is 27) I did not include Beth because the actress is only 17.
I think I'll go with a safe pick here and say Barbara (Amy Smart) who is 43 or 44.
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Stargirl for sure!!! She is perfect!! Rather than me hooking up and lezzing her out...I would love to see her in a hot hardcore interracial encounter....while in costume...or at least mostly in costume....
IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

I'm a little intrigued by Artemis Crock, though as best I can tell the actress is younger than Brec Bassinger. I guess eventually she'll either be a hero or villain and I'm curious what she'll look like in costume.
shevek
Producer
Producer

mkells wrote:
3 years ago
Actually, Anjelika Washington who plays Beth Chapel / Dr. Midnite is the oldest at 28. She's been around for a while - she played the second Gert in the Runaways show (2017) making her both a DC and Marvel actress.

As for Stella Smith, who plays Artemis Crock, her age isn't listed anywhere on the Internet, so it's impossible to say. She has no professional track record other than playing the teenage version of Grace Choi on Black Lightning, which is obviously how she landed this part.

Again, the two best things about this show are the Pat and Courtney characters. Pat is wise, Courtney is cute. That's the show's
simple but appealing formula. No agendas whatsoever.

The fight with Sportsmaster and Tigress was the best prolonged match-up so far - hopefully we'll see more of that.
Best moments were Tigress and Wildcat moving around and flipping each other about in a real "catfight" with occasional growls.

The choreography is a little stilted though - it seemed like the villains were always planning, or in constant motion, while the
young JSA members were caught flat-footed or standing agape and looking awkward. Maybe that's by design to make them look inexperienced.

The disappointment (and I'm sure I'm not alone here) is that we didn't get a bit more peril when Stargirl was battling the gym-rat duo.
Tigress had Stargirl in a chokehold with her own staff, and that could have led to some close-ups and a bit of struggling (as Courtney
did when she faced Brainwave in Episode 2) but it was too quickly resolved.

Nonetheless, Episode 6 was the most fun so far. Enjoying this series as campy summer fun.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

mkells wrote:
3 years ago
That's a very close call for me. I slightly prefer Wildcat/Yvette as I love her cowl and her suit. But Stargirl/Brec looks great also.
And yeah, however old the actress for Beth/Dr. Mid nite is.....the character looks like 12....so, she doesn't "qualify".

-----
Well, episode 6 reallllllly delivered!

My opinion, more pictures and the videos: :excl: :excl: :excl:
https://maskripper.org/stargirl-season- ... ortsmaster

-
Last edited by Maskripper 3 years ago, edited 3 times in total.

Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Thanks for the stills ... and if anyone has some GIF skills, that little moment of Tigress and Sportsmaster getting a few shots on Stargirl was good too!

Bronson881
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Wonderful episode. Courtney and Cindy both very eager to get into it. The fight scene between was very good. Courtney does need to train more and be able to fight without her staff on occasion. Looking forward to next week.
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Yeah, the fight was good, nice moves all round and an interesting ending!

IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

It's been a rough couple of weeks for Stargirl. How often do you see superheroes lose a fair fight?
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Pride goes before a fall. Stargirl is a trained in gymnastics and not fighting. She relies on the Cosmic Staff for power against her foes. Whereas Shiv, Sportmaster, Huntress, and Icicle have all had years of fight training with their powers. Don't forget in her training session she took on all the targets and didn't let the team train or learn to work together.
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

The characters in this show really do suck at the whole secret identity thing. Pat was calling out to Courtney while he was following the staff. Since he was supposed to be the experienced one, he should have known that was a bad idea, right? :hmmm:
Check out my superheroine-related short stories here:

https://archiveofourown.org/users/brdiy/works
shevek
Producer
Producer

Fight between Shiv and Stargirl was the best so far, and we can only hope for an equally satisfying rematch next week. For some reason, this reminded me a little of some of the fights in Scott Pilgrim, specifically the battle between Ramona and Roxie. Maybe it was the high-school gymnasium setting.

There was more peril and combat exertion between two costumed female characters than we've seen for quite a while on the CW (the last one I can think of when was when Lightning fought her evil-dimension alter-ego in this past year's Black Lightning), and this might well be because the series is designed for DC Universe.

Shiv's transformation was a little quick - wish we could've had a few more initial panning shots of the costume - but it was still great to see the cheerleader costume drop to the floor like that. All told, the overall tone of this episode (grudge-filled evil antagonista vs. overeager beautiful heroine) pushed some Forum buttons, and if they continue in that vein this could be quite a ride.

Is anyone going to purchase the recently released Stargirl tpb collection with Brec's photo on the cover?
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/stargirl ... 00-762168/

I figured it would be a great introduction to the Stargirl oeuvre for anyone who wants to dig in, but of course it might also give much of the story away. It's pretty obvious that the janitor is a former JSA ally/member...won't say whom, if you haven't watched it yet.
Damselbinder

bruh why does this show look so cheap

Like, the production values are fine, but the costumes look really Halloween costume
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Damselbinder wrote:
3 years ago

Like, the production values are fine, but the costumes look really Halloween costume
good!! Will make it easier to dress my girlfriend as Stargirl and make our own superheroine films! Sometimes store bought works great!!
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Damselbinder wrote:
3 years ago

:hmmm:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok, when these costumes look like Halloween costumes for you.....then how would you describe 99% of the costumes in fetish videos?

Damselbinder

Maskripper wrote:
3 years ago
Damselbinder wrote:
3 years ago

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok, when these costumes look like Halloween costumes for you.....then how would you describe 99% of the costumes in fetish videos?
Worse, obviously. But that's as it should be. Those are amateur jobs, this is supposed to be actual television. With, you know, a budget.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Damselbinder wrote:
3 years ago

Worse, obviously. But that's as it should be. Those are amateur jobs, this is supposed to be actual television. With, you know, a budget.
Look totally fine to me. Especially the Wildcat and Stargirl costumes. Quality costumes, fitting to the comics from what I saw.

Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

brdiy wrote:
3 years ago
The characters in this show really do suck at the whole secret identity thing. Pat was calling out to Courtney while he was following the staff. Since he was supposed to be the experienced one, he should have known that was a bad idea, right? :hmmm:
Yeah, that was a real error - he should have been a little more careful with that - no doubt he was overheard!!

theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Abductorenmadrid wrote:
3 years ago
brdiy wrote:
3 years ago
Yeah, that was a real error - he should have been a little more careful with that - no doubt he was overheard!!
I dunno. It's not like he was looking right at Courtney dressed as Stargirl and calling her Courtney. Also Pat didn't know she had changed into her Stargirl costume. Shiv could put the two together anyway tho, especially since Courtney and Stargirl have the exact same hair style and no one else in that town does. Shiv or anyone in town who knows Courtney in school, and then sees Stargirl who is same height as Courtney and has her hair. And Shiv has heard her speak, so same voice from Court and Stargirl. It's not much of a disquise. But neither is Clark Kent's glasses, so as with many superhero stories, suspension of disbelief required for this one too.
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Damselbinder wrote:
3 years ago

Someone had a theory they are designed that way to make it easy for cosplayers to dress up as the characters.
Damselbinder

Mr. X wrote:
3 years ago
Damselbinder wrote:
3 years ago

Someone had a theory they are designed that way to make it easy for cosplayers to dress up as the characters.
Dude I didn't even think of that. That makes total sense.

It's also a little bit scummy. Like, it's not the most evil thing in the world but - c'mon. Make your show look good before worrying about having a strong convention presence, geez.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

A new villainess enters the stage in episode 7 of Stargirl....Shiv!
And she proves to be a worthy opponent....at least.

-
-

That was a good episode! Basically the origin episode for Shiv. Or one of them since the next episode is called "Shiv: Part Two".
I think it's a little weird that Courtney chooses to get friends with Cindy, who is the meanest girl in school. OK, she doesn't have much friends so far, and perhaps she wants to see the good in her, but it seems a little off.
A shame that Shiv doesn't have a mask for her costume, but seemingly the villains aren't really much into protecting their "civilian" identities so much with some exceptions (Sportsmaster, Tigress(?- face paint).
The fight between these two is really well done! Great action :-)
I am wondering: Does Stargirl know what damage the staff can do to others? She send Brainwave into a coma and now completely burned Shiv's face what might have killed her if she wouldn't have super powers. Was it Stargirl's intention to kill her? Hard to say....I guess not.
Stargirl was lucky as she was rescued by the....janitor! Will be interesting to see, as I don't know the Stargirl comics, who he actually is or was. Is he a survivor of the old JSA team?
Also Stargirl was lucky (again) that Shiv decided to leave rather then to stay and to finish her...and/or unmask her! Seemingly she was hurt and/or afraid that the sword wielding Janitor might return. ;-)
Pat should be more careful with shouting her real name, even he couldn't know the whole time that she was in costume.
-

A video with the fight Shiv VS Stargirl can be found on my Blog:
https://maskripper.org/stargirl-season- ... rl-vs-shiv
:excl: :excl: :excl:
-

Here is the trailer for episode 8:

-
Well, it seems that Stargirl's secret identity is in big danger....at least. Clearly seems that Shiv figures out who she is.
With that all their secret identities are in big danger. I am afraid that soon all villains will knows who is behind their masks :-(
And even worse, I think they wont even need to really unmask them...in the only "right" way ;-)
Really curious to see how the story goes on! And of course I hope to see Wildcat in action as well...
If her secret gets exposed, she should deal with all the villains who know...so that her secret is safe again.
-

Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

theScribbler wrote:
3 years ago
I dunno. It's not like he was looking right at Courtney dressed as Stargirl and calling her Courtney. Also Pat didn't know she had changed into her Stargirl costume. Shiv could put the two together anyway tho, especially since Courtney and Stargirl have the exact same hair style and no one else in that town does. Shiv or anyone in town who knows Courtney in school, and then sees Stargirl who is same height as Courtney and has her hair. And Shiv has heard her speak, so same voice from Court and Stargirl. It's not much of a disquise. But neither is Clark Kent's glasses, so as with many superhero stories, suspension of disbelief required for this one too.
Fair points all round - I guess we haven't seen the rules of the show play out yet on that front. Clark Kent is only Clark Kent until the glasses come off, the same for Kara Danvers. But at least their personalities were distinct from their super-selves, the solid and resolute heroes far apart from their humble, meek alter-egos. Stargirl upon seeing Cindy's melted face is all "Oh no.... oh ... oh nooooo!", which is Courtney all over! So, either that barely-there mask is all shielding - or Cindy's just going to be "Well duh - of course I could tell who you are!" - depending on the rules of the game the writers set.

shevek
Producer
Producer

Maskripper wrote:
3 years ago
Stargirl was lucky as she was rescued by the....janitor! Will be interesting to see, as I don't know the Stargirl comics, who he actually is or was. Is he a survivor of the old JSA team?
The janitor is....
Spoiler
Shining Knight, from the original JSA team.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

shevek wrote:
3 years ago
Maskripper wrote:
3 years ago
The janitor is....
Spoiler
Shining Knight, from the original JSA team.
Thanks for the info. Yeah, makes sense.

IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

Visitor wrote:
3 years ago
Pride goes before a fall. Stargirl is a trained in gymnastics and not fighting. She relies on the Cosmic Staff for power against her foes. Whereas Shiv, Sportmaster, Huntress, and Icicle have all had years of fight training with their powers. Don't forget in her training session she took on all the targets and didn't let the team train or learn to work together.
Based on the photos on her dresser, it looked like Courtney did do karate at one point.

She is, however, mostly a gymnast. I was kind of bummed in the first episode when she just moved into the school and they told her the school no longer had a gymnastics team. I was kind of hoping to see at least a few scenes this season where Courtney might wear a leotard when not in costume.
IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

Visitor wrote:
3 years ago
Based on the photos on her dresser, it looked like Courtney did do karate at one point.

She is, however, mostly a gymnast. I was kind of bummed in the first episode when she just moved into the school and they told her the school no longer had a gymnastics team. I was kind of hoping to see at least a few scenes this season where Courtney might wear a leotard when not in costume.
Nykron
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Time to talk about episode 8 of Stargirl!
For starters I have a scene without any masked women. Why do I post it? Well, watch for yourself and you will know:

(Of course it helps a LOT if you have seen the previous episodes to fully understand the scene)
-
I love the suspense in the whole scene! I was waiting the whole time that Cindy would expose Courtney as being Stargirl...but it doesn't happen.
It seems that Courtney's secret is still safe, but at the last moment Cindy does reveal that she knows that it is Courtney who masked herself as Stargirl. And she immediately threatens Courtney's friends. Cindy's behavior with these chocolates perfectly presents how evil she is, maybe a little over the top ;-)
-
Now to the scenes with masked women!
Some pictures:

-
And here is the video:

-
Beth.....you did it again! This time she called Wildcat by her real name. :no:
Cindy could have heard that as she was already on her way to that room.
A very dangerous habit....They really have to do better than that!
Luckily Yolanda changed into Wildcat and saved her from being found by Cindy.
The fight between Cindy (as she wasn't in costume) and Stargirl was pretty intense, good action! And this time Stargirl didn't loose, it was more like a tie as Cindy was grabbed by these.....snake-people. Guess we will get a third fight between these two pretty soon.
At the end...Brainwave Junior aka Henry also finds out that Stargirl is Courtney (just like his father) which endangers her and her friends even more.
The question is now, how the three who know who Stargirl is will deal with it.
- Brainwave senior is in a coma, but could awake in every episode and would use that knowledge I think
- Cindy/Shiv told that that secret would be safe with her....but that can change if she sees any advantage in telling her dad or someone else
- Henry isn't a villain so far, and his reaction leaves every option open.... the synopsis and the trailer for the next episode show a certain...possible direction for him

It will be interesting to see what happens to Cindy, what plans has her father with her?
And also what will Stargirl and her team do next?

The trailer for the next episode shows it:

-
What do you think about the episode and these scenes?
Use the keyboard in front of you!
-