Crisis on Infinite Earths Crossover [Supergirl, Batwoman, Flash, Arrow, Legends of Tomorrrow, Black Lightning]

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I have a question for those that have seen the Crossover episodes. I just moved into my new place and have been without cable and Internet for a week or so and have not watched the crossover episodes. I have never seen a Batwoman episode (just not a show that appealed to me) and I am wondering if I skip the Batwoman crossover am I missing a vital piece of the crossover, that will it be difficult to connect to the following episodes. In other words, am I missing something huge and memorable if I skip Batwoman?
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

The major things from Batwoman were the importance of her questioning a Rabbit just as she was snatched and already shown in last season's crossover her distrust of others. Which makes her unmasking to the others just on Supergirl's word so questionable. It does explain why she is with Supergirl so much since the were closest last season.

Last year's crossover makes the timeline a bit strange in that Batwoman was already fairly established back then, but is still relatively new in her own series and when she is taken for this year's crossover.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

bushwackerbob wrote:
4 years ago
... and I am wondering if I skip the Batwoman crossover am I missing a vital piece of the crossover, that will it be difficult to connect to the following episodes. In other words, am I missing something huge and memorable if I skip Batwoman?
Yes, of course you would miss "something"! That would be like watching the first 20 minutes of a movie on TV, go for a walk for another 20 minutes and then continuing watching the movie at the 40 minute mark. You would miss big plot points.
You don't "need" to see the other Batwoman episodes (1-8) for the Crossover ......but you should AT LEAST watch the Batwoman episode of the crossover.
But of course I recommend to give the show a chance and watch the first episodes. ;) :yes:
If you like other Arrowverse shows, you should like the Batwoman show as well. Give it a TRY!
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Maskripper wrote:
4 years ago
bushwackerbob wrote:
4 years ago
... and I am wondering if I skip the Batwoman crossover am I missing a vital piece of the crossover, that will it be difficult to connect to the following episodes. In other words, am I missing something huge and memorable if I skip Batwoman?
Yes, of course you would miss "something"! That would be like watching the first 20 minutes of a movie on TV, go for a walk for another 20 minutes and then continuing watching the movie at the 40 minute mark. You would miss big plot points.
You don't "need" to see the other Batwoman episodes (1-8) for the Crossover ......but you should AT LEAST watch the Batwoman episode of the crossover.
But of course I recommend to give the show a chance and watch the first episodes. ;) :yes:
If you like other Arrowverse shows, you should like the Batwoman show as well. Give it a TRY!
Here's the thing. I am personally pro gay marriage, pro LGBTQ rights and frankly I have very little tolerance for jerks who want to tell others how to live, or what the "right" or "normal" or correct orientation is. Live and let live. Having said that, the lesbian thing is not something that appeals to me as a viewer. It is not that I am offended or anything, I am not offended or enraged with every fiber of my being because of some perceived political message, wokeness, or some perceived knock on the patriarchy, it's just that I prefer to avoid lesbian stuff on entertainment shows, not my jam. I will take your advice however and watch the Batwoman crossover episode.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Only one more week!
A new poster:

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

And the trailer for the last two episodes of the crossover:

theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

cw_dementors.png
cw_dementors.png (663.62 KiB) Viewed 1811 times

Dementors from Harry Potter?

That's crossover I wasn't expecting!

:joker:
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
Danorian
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

I'm hedging my bets that all the Earths will return. If they do, I'm hoping some items get "fixed" like Lena Luthor finding out Supergirl's secret identity from Lex Luthor! Of course, I'd hope the whole Leviathan storyline gets shelved too, but that's for another forum. :ohmg:
I'm truly just concerned how lame the "solution" to the "Crisis" will be. CW's writers haven't inspired much hope in the last couple years!

My 2 cents.
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

A few good lines, but not a great plot.

"The Brave and the Bald." - Lex Luthor
"I'm not letting my kids watch that show." - Dingle (Although this could apply to all the CW shows)
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

Spoiler
I liked how they merged several of the earths into Earth Prime. I think it would be great for them to share characters without necessarily having to wait til a crossover once a year. We'll see if it happens.

The whole thing with how Lex ended up I found enjoyable too. And I'm not sure if it was the lighting in the last two crossover episodes or what but Supergirl's costume actually looked better to me, brighter blue. I may be on my way to accepting it. Anyway, all in all I thought this Crisis crossover was pretty well done albeit quite confusing in parts. Now I'm ready to see how they handle the rest of the SG season 5 because up til now I haven't been overly thrilled with it.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I'm hoping now when they go back to SG, they resolve what Lex demanded from the Monitor for Lena. Too many characters at the end pretty much spoiled resolving anything beyond saving the multi-verse. It made episode 4 better because there weren't that many characters fighting for screen time.
Spoiler
They cut down Lex's role in the last episode which is strange as thanks to his edit, he became a Paragon.
Edit - This classic story was remade into a low budget version of Marvel's Avengers: Endgame. The Paragons were the original 6 Avengers and the Anti-Monitor was Thanos. Note the two confrontation speeches in episode 4 between Oliver and the Anti-Monitor (at least it was Arrow consistent) and episode 5 with the Paragons.
vnv7272
Sargeant
Sargeant

Kind of weird that Barry doesn't have to die, and he doesn't really care that he doesn't see Iris or Cisco at all in Ep 5. One of the most important things to Barry upon being back on Earth Prime would be to see Iris.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

vnv7272 wrote:
4 years ago
Kind of weird that Barry doesn't have to die, and he doesn't really care that he doesn't see Iris or Cisco at all in Ep 5. One of the most important things to Barry upon being back on Earth Prime would be to see Iris.
Spoiler
Well, another Flash already died in the crossover.
Also Barry can't die
....he is the star of the most viewed show on the CW ;)
Perhaps he did see them (Iris, Cisco) .....it just wasn't shown then. But he will see them in the next episode for sure.
-
Will leave my big review on all episodes tomorrow.
Last edited by Maskripper 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

In interviews they said that they decided to change what happened to Flash after building up over several seasons the newspaper headline. They also got rid of using the Reverse Flash for the Crisis.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

and now my thoughts on parts 4 and 5 of the crossover:

My highlights from the episodes 4 and 5...without any special order:
Spoiler
1 - The ending! The ending made me verrrry curious about how it will affect each show. Hoes does the new "order" change things? And how for whom?
Well I guess we will know in about a week from now!
2 - Flashbacks! It was very cool to revisiting iconic moments in the history of some of the shows.
3 - A proper farewell for the Arrow! As Oliver even died twice in the Crossover, there was enough time to give him a proper farewell. Especially in the last episode with the glass cabinet and the flame and also the empty spot at the table.
4 - More Crossover jokes! Some really funny or iconic lines like: "Do you capes every watch a movie?" - "Up, up and away!" - "Was that a crossover we were invited to?" (something like that) - "I don't want my kids to watch that show" (something like that)

I was disappointed how less screentime Batwoman/Kate got in the last episodes and in general. Supergirl, the Flash and Arrow were the main roles for the last episodes. Batwoman/Kate had only a few single lines and wasn't really shown in combat. And I would say that most of these action scenes were performed by her stunt doubles.
You can clearly enjoy the Crossover better if you have seen all the episodes of the shows so far. Especially these flashback moments. That was rewarding for the long time fans! :-)
Lex Luthor is now the big boss of the DEO. He knows all secret or most secret identities of these heroes. Will he take advantage of that? Wonder how all this will continue!
These shadow demons weren't really interesting/cool as enemies. Completely CGI and too easily to beat.
And the anti-monitor wasn't a really interesting villain. Like most of the times when they need a villain to find so many heroes.
I really love the fact that they now are all on ONE earth!
The justice league table at the end offers a lot of possibilities for the future! When and how will they team up? Against whom? Will we see more crossovers in the future? Perhaps even with "only" two members like in the early days of the Arrowverse?

General rating:

3.5 out of 5 - Good Crossover with big consequences!

---

Pictures from parts 4 and 5 + the batwoman cuts of these episdoes will follow the next days on my blog:

https://maskripper.org/batwoman-season- ... -episode-9

vnv7272
Sargeant
Sargeant

Maskripper wrote:
4 years ago
vnv7272 wrote:
4 years ago
Spoiler
Well, another Flash already died in the crossover.
Also Barry can't die
....he is the star of the most viewed show on the CW ;)
Perhaps he did see them (Iris, Cisco) .....it just wasn't shown then. But he will see them in the next episode for sure.
-
Will leave my big review on all episodes tomorrow.
show runners said they couldn't afford to pay the actors.