The next Arrowverse show in 2020? Green Arrow and the Canaries!?

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

As you may have read the last days, CW boss Mark Pedowitz mentioned that they would develop another new show in the Arrowverse to start next year.
Some guesses/predictions that I read:
-„Blackstar“ aka „Star City 2040“ with the sons and daughters from team Arrow
- a „Black Canary“-Spinoff with Katie Cassidy
- a „Green Lantern“ series with John Diggle (David Ramsey)

I would like a new show with Black Canary!
And, off course, I would always LOVE a show with Catwoman, Spoiler or Batgirl in the main role. 😉
Black Canary would probably be the most likely among these wishes of mine. She is already established in the Arrowverse.

And I think that Legends of Tomorrow might be cancelled at the same time, if they don't want more Arrowverse shows at the same time.
-
What other shows could you imagine?
What show would you like to have?
Last edited by Maskripper 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

I know it's a long shot but I still would really love to see Zari fully take on the mantle of The Mighty Isis, costume, powers and all.
Check out my superheroine-related short stories here:

https://archiveofourown.org/users/brdiy/works
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I would be happy with a Black Canary or Green Lantern show. :)

I watch the whole Arrowverse on Netflix. So every summer, all at once, I get bombarded with an entire season of 4 different shows at once. It takes me a while to get through them all. I thought I heard that this is the last season of Arrow. I with Legends of Tomorrow would end, too. I hate the show, but I can't NOT watch it, because every year they do a crossover and if I don't watch Legends, I will be lost. And, of course, this last season they left Legends out of the the crossover, so I am kinda pissed. :-P

Anyway, I digress... I really hope it's not Blackstar. It's hard to express how little I care about these future-people, even while I am currently watching the last season of Arrow.

One thing I find interesting is... why are all the CW shows about lesser heroes? Where the Batman show? Or Superman? Or Wonder Woman? Why are they all second-stringers?

I'm looking forward to Batwoman.
Huntress would be cool, and totally fit in with the rest of the shows.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

TIEnTEEZ wrote:
4 years ago

One thing I find interesting is... why are all the CW shows about lesser heroes? Where the Batman show? Or Superman? Or Wonder Woman? Why are they all second-stringers?
The guys and girls at Warner Brothers normally don't want to see their big DC heroes on the "small" screen. Some exceptions were made for Superman, as he appears here and there on the Supergirl show.
But especially Batman is different, he appeared for seconds on Birds of Prey, Titans and Gotham (if you count that) but otherwise he is reserved for the movies :ybat:
On the upcoming Batwoman show as well....he isn't planned to appear there either.

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
shevek
Producer
Producer

TIEnTEEZ wrote:
4 years ago
I would be happy with a Black Canary or Green Lantern show. :)

I watch the whole Arrowverse on Netflix. So every summer, all at once, I get bombarded with an entire season of 4 different shows at once. It takes me a while to get through them all. I thought I heard that this is the last season of Arrow. I with Legends of Tomorrow would end, too. I hate the show, but I can't NOT watch it, because every year they do a crossover and if I don't watch Legends, I will be lost. And, of course, this last season they left Legends out of the the crossover, so I am kinda pissed. :-P

Anyway, I digress... I really hope it's not Blackstar. It's hard to express how little I care about these future-people, even while I am currently watching the last season of Arrow.

I'm looking forward to Batwoman.
Huntress would be cool, and totally fit in with the rest of the shows.
Nobody - and I mean nobody - cares about the Future Kids on Arrow. I've never heard a single person talk about them - either online or at conventions. They were poorly characterized, and the flash-forward scenes were useless. Blackstar is not even in the comics. It would be a dead end at best. I'd be surprised if they created that show, but if they did, I'm probably not going to watch it.

I think the biggest missed opportunity was Birds of Prey. It would have been way better as a rebooted TV show than as the middling movie it's probably going to be. The movie should have been Gotham Sirens: Harley Quinn (capitalizing on the popularity of Margot Robbie), Poison Ivy and Catwoman. Just pure antiheroine seduction, and even some implied lesbian action. Instead of a superhero version of Charlie's Angels, it looks like a ball of meh.

Birds of Prey should have been a TV show reboot with the three core members: Oracle, Black Canary and Huntress, and various other heroine guests. There were so many great spandex-clad ladies that passed through the several editions of the comic, they'd have a ton to choose from (I'd start with Lady Blackhawk), and so many great stories to tell from those comics, hopefully giving some shine to both Chuck Dixon *and* Gail Simone.

As it is, there's only one major Justice Leaguer (of "The Seven", heh) that hasn't gotten a live-action character since the pre-DCU debacle movie (the one that Deadpool would rather forget) and that's Green Lantern. So I agree - I would love to see a Green Lantern TV show. You could tell pretty much an infinite amount of stories using the backdrop of the Green Lantern Corps, traveling from planet to planet all the way to Oa and Qward. You could feature all of the various Lanterns that have represented Earth: Hal, John, Kyle, Guy, Simon. You could also go back in time and Golden Age it with Alan Scott (like Flash did with Jay Garrick).

You could feature all of the different colors of the Lantern Corps spectrum (invented by Geoff Johns and fleshed out by Ethan Van Sciver only a decade ago). And there would be lots of opportunities for gorgeous female characters in tight costumes: Arisia, Katma Tui, Bleez (a Red), Star Sapphire, Jessica Cruz, Soranik (Sinestro's daughter, a Yellow) and many more. This would be the best part of the DC Universe to play around in that hasn't really been explored yet. The show should be called "Green Lantern Corps." If done right, it could be the best superhero show ever on television! (next to The Boys)
Lurkndog
Elder Member
Elder Member

The problem with a Green Lantern live action TV show is budget, and also production time. It would basically be one long effects shot, because he's always flying.

TV effects have come a long way, but I don't think they can afford to do all effects, all the time.

EDIT: Actually I take that back, they can probably afford to do Green Lantern as a guest star on their annual big crossover episode. They typically go all out on those anyways.

They did a CGI animated GL show a few years back, and that was pretty good. Too bad it only got one season.
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

I wouldn't mind seeing Green Lantern along with a comics accurate Arisia on the show (or any of the female GLs), that's for sure, but yeah, budget constraints might be a problem for such a show.
Check out my superheroine-related short stories here:

https://archiveofourown.org/users/brdiy/works
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Arrow (ends in 10 ep)
Black Lightning
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
The Flash
Supergirl
Batwoman (starts dec)

I dunno. Is it still the Arrowverse when Arrow leaves?

How about a live action Stripperella?!

Vamperella?

I know...Empowered!

Powergirl?

Some babe who wears a skirt in winter?

I know... a 1960s era Supergirl who wears a mini skirt. All the girls in this show wear mini skirts. It's so 1960s. (and no dark tights.)
Last edited by theScribbler 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

theScribbler wrote:
4 years ago
Batwoman (starts dec)
Luckily Batwoman starts on October 6th.
And yeah, I will still call it Arrowverse....he founded it, no reason to come up with a new name.

theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Maskripper wrote:
4 years ago
theScribbler wrote:
4 years ago
Batwoman (starts dec)
Luckily Batwoman starts on October 6th.
And yeah, I will still call it Arrowverse....he founded it, no reason to come up with a new name.
Ah, I see. I read this at metacritic site...

"Next season's "Arrowerse" crossover event will be based on the famed DC Comics storyline "Crisis on Infinite Earths" and will include all 5 DC shows, including the new Batwoman, in December."

and incorrectly attached December to Batwoman.

October 6. That's much better!
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
shevek
Producer
Producer

theScribbler wrote:
4 years ago
I know...Empowered!
Of course this is not DC related, but I find it hard to believe that producers haven't come knocking on Adam Warren's door,
especially with other Dark Horse properties coming out such as Hellboy, Emily the Strange and Timecop. Or that a fetish parody has never
been made of Empowered (I've never heard of one, at least).

Somehow he quietly stays out of the political controversy and cultural shifts in the comics world, and keeps churning out this dialogue-heavy
sociopolitical commentary on comic books' subcultural tropes without incurring any Twitter outrage whatsoever.

Empy keeps acting insecure but coquettish, losing large swaths of her costume, getting repeatedly tied and gagged by villains, and having sweaty
animal sex with Thugboy, while the Caged Demonwolf continues to make its megalomaniacal Kirby-esque pronouncements.

With The Boys knocking down the door for Rated-R superhero deconstruction, the time would be perfect for an Empowered TV series.
Costuming is simple enough - just buy a whole closet full of tight and shiny blue catsuits and get ready to cut and rip pieces out of them in every episode.

Dark Horse apparently has a first-look deal with Netflix.
Would love to see Empy, Ninjette and Sistah Spooky shake their booties in a live-action setting!

OK, back to your normal Arrowverse programming.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Well, today I found these promo pictures for the Arrow episode "Green Arrow & the Canaries" which will be shown on the 21st:

....well.......in this episode there will be 3(!) masked women! The new Green Arrow Mia Smoak and 2 canaries (Laurel / Dinah).
This episode will be the pilot episode of the possible Spin-off TV show that might start later this year.
Due to time traveling all 3 women will still be young in that 2040 setting (not like I feared).
So, that TV show would have 3 masked women in the main roles!
Especially with Katherine McNamara (in the last picture) as the new Green Arrow!!!

More pictures here (without masked women):
https://tvline.com/2020/01/13/green-arr ... otos-2040/

batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

costumes are too thick...trust me...no way a camel will show with those suits!!! oh well, at least they are tight!! because Tight is always Right!!!
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

batgirl1969 wrote:
4 years ago
costumes are too thick...trust me...no way a camel will show with those suits!!! oh well, at least they are tight!! because Tight is always Right!!!
Well, I wouldn''t mind them running around in latex or rubber.... ;)
...But I guess that would be kind of a "problem" on such a TV show.
But yeah, as you said, tight is always right and I do like leather....so I do like these costumes.
I have more issues with the ....tiny, tiny.... masks.
However it's great to see Katherine McNamara finally wear one. :thumbup: