Site Problems

Have a problem with the forum? get support here!
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Over the past couple of days Myself and others could not access the site. Since the problem appeared to be replicated across more than just myself we assumed that it was possibly a server side issue or else work on an update. This morning however it appears that I can access the forum buuut... and to put on my quoting specs here...

"Elder Statesman, darling of the people, and BAFTA winner for Handsomest Wink 2015 Damselbinder can't access the forum, getting a 500 error every time he goes to the forum page."

is the site still down and I've stumbled into the eye of the hurricane here? Or is there something else going on?
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Odd, everything is/was fine here. No problems at all.
But I noticed how little was posted in the forum in the last days....
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I can only access the site by going into a link from a pm message notification from 30July.

We have this had this sort of problem in the past in August then was something to do with MH not renewing the domain name or some such mumbo jumbo. (I'm a "computer user non technical ' as they say😉)
I have PMd MH but in case he hasn't seen it I will report this post now as a quick means of flagging it up to him.
Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Thankee kindly
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Hope it will work soon again for all of us!
For me it still works perfectly but I feel like stranded on a deserted island as (nearly) no one else can post or even access the site. :unsure:

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

How do you access site? What device etc.
That may help him work out what's wrong
I can only get here through opening up an old email PM link still.
At least its reassuring that you can see my post hopefully it means MH will have had both my PM and my reported post message.
T

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

tallyho wrote:
3 years ago
How do you access site? What device etc.
PC, Windows 10, Firefox browser

Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Wow - some people were able to make it in? Myself and DrD have not been able to get on to the site for days! Tmon sent me a message in DeviantArt asking what was happening too!

For me the front page was loading but going into the forum just loaded a blank white page, no error messages - this was on different devices and browsers. Glad to see the site is back up!
My avatar courtesy of https://www.deviantart.com/sleepy-comics

My current story is Supergirl V Bane

This is all the stuff I've done here but don't tell anyone about this!
Damselbinder

Hail my glorious return.

Bow, bow, ye lower middle classes,
Bow, bow, ye tradesmen, bow ye masses
Blow the trumpets
Bang the brasses
Tantantara! Tzing, boom.
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

The problem was I tried to install the "Recent Topics" addon and it basically bombed. So I had to fix those errors and revert the system back to before I did the install. So the forum should be coming back to life now..

MH
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Same here, I have been unable to access the site for a number of days now until today. Did someone call a timeout on me? It might be a good idea in the future to let members know on Twitter or another social media platform when the site may be offline for a period of time and update members on the status of the site.
xxxwarriorxxx
Overlord
Overlord

I couldnt login either-- Glad it is back up!!
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

The site was up, but the forums were down for me for a day or so.

In desperation, I tried to visit the old SHIB forum, but it seems to be gone. Did it die?
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

TIEnTEEZ wrote:
3 years ago
The site was up, but the forums were down for me for a day or so.

In desperation, I tried to visit the old SHIB forum, but it seems to be gone. Did it die?
I'll ask KKY for you next time I see him. :smart:
helstar
Elder Member
Elder Member

It wasn't working for me either. Now all ok, it's weird that a combination of an OS and browser lead to this to some of us (Win 10+Firefox, specifically)
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

helstar wrote:
3 years ago
It wasn't working for me either. Now all ok, it's weird that a combination of an OS and browser lead to this to some of us (Win 10+Firefox, specifically)
I'm using Chrome, so it's not a FireFox thing.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I'm having to re-log in a lot, anyone else?

MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

I was actually going to post about this.

We moved away from using CloudFlare and now host the SSL certificate on our site.

In case you don't know what that is, the SSL certificate is what tells your browser you have a secure connection.
SO if you're still having issues, clear the cookies for this site and start with a new browser session and all should be ok.
There is a delete cookies link down below...

MH