Missing message

Have a problem with the forum? get support here!
Philo Hunter
Overlord
Overlord

Hey, I just got an email saying I got a personal message. The e-mail is everything it should be but once I actually come to the website and look at my inbox there is no sign of the message and thus no way to reply. Any idea whats going on and how to fix it?
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Maybe the message was deleted by the sender before you saw it? It might have been sent to you in error.
My avatar courtesy of https://www.deviantart.com/sleepy-comics

My current story is Supergirl V Bane

This is all the stuff I've done here but don't tell anyone about this!
Philo Hunter
Overlord
Overlord

Alright, thanks. Not sure why they did that since the message was asking a question. Manually hunted them down and sent a new message.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Perhaps they just realised they knew the answer.
Or maybe it was a death threat/ransom demand that they just thought better of. ;)
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Philo Hunter
Overlord
Overlord

Nah, none of the above. It was about getting a free copy of some Ebooks in exchange for some reviews.
Philo Hunter
Overlord
Overlord

Hey, so I just got another message from him in my e-mail, but once again its not showing up on here as existing. I'm going to be able to respond to him by manually finding his screen name again, but it would be a lot easier if I could actually see the message in my inbox and just respond to it. Maybe something is going on that's affecting people beside just me and him? He did say this in the last message:
I changed my email for the site last night so that's probably what happened to the original message.
dm2007
Neophyte
Neophyte

I would be that person and if I could get an answer to the message problem it would help.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I will send you a pm as a test

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

dm2007 wrote:
6 years ago
I would be that person and if I could get an answer to the message problem it would help.
Thank you for coming forward. It can only work in your favor on judgement day.

Oh wait, this is a forum...right... I'll look into it right away. It's probably a permission issue when you changed your email and that has to be fixed as well.
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

dm2007 wrote:
6 years ago
If you've never posted before, then that would explain @Philo Hunter couldn't respond to you...I thought I've seen you post on this board before, I could be wrong.

Anyway, I've approved your 2 posts that were in queue and things should be back to normal.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

It might be pilot error - there's a chance they were email message notifications

Philo Hunter
Overlord
Overlord

tallyho wrote:
6 years ago
It might be pilot error - there's a chance they were email message notifications
They were. And I didn't know that was a thing, so I thought the PM wasn't showing up, when it wasn't even a PM. My bad. I deserve all the public derision you can all collectively doll out. :confused:
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

My work here is done.
Up, Up and to bed!!!!!!!!!