The Real Ice Queen (Cross the Line Productions/Heroine Legends)

Superheroine Video Reviews By The Fans!
Forum rules
Create One Thread For Each Video Title.
In the Subject Line, put the title of the video, followed by the production company, or producers name.
Rate the video out of 10 at the bottom of your post.
Your review must be constructive. Tell us why you liked it, or why you didn't.
Doctor Outcome
Overlord
Overlord

Plot: After superheroine Hawke goes rogue and begins using her abilities for evil, Tempest goes on a 'lonewolf' mission to find her friend in the hopes of bringing her back to the 'pure side' of the Supers. Unfortunately for Tempest, Hawke is not thrilled to see her 'old ally' and has no desire to return to the guild where she belongs. Tempest has no desire to hurt her friend, but Hawke's actions are causing the citizens as well as other fellow Supers a great deal of harm...

...what's a girl to do when the one person they trust and care about only desires to destroy everything around them...including a fellow ally? :ohmg:
The Real Ice Queen (Friends no more).mp4_snapshot_00.40_[2016.12.31_12.38.25].jpg
The Real Ice Queen (Friends no more).mp4_snapshot_00.40_[2016.12.31_12.38.25].jpg (33.95 KiB) Viewed 2673 times
Quick Pick (Thoughts on the Film): You know, there's nothing more heartbreaking in the world when a superheroine turns to the 'dark side of the force'. It's even more painful when their former allies try to get them to listen to reason and return to the 'light' from whence they came and that's precisely the situation that Tempest finds herself caught in for this production. I really enjoyed this story a great deal...like all of the productions from Cross the Line it has a lot going for it: a fantastic cast consisting of Lindsay Lamb and Tristin Rupp, beautiful costumes, excellent filming location, stunning visual effects and a wonderfully constructed script centered around to former allies (one desires to help her friend while the other craves the thrill of her former friend's destruction).

Thing of it is, no matter who wins...there's a chance the victor will still lose... :wavecry:

Pros

-First, I want to start by saying that this was a beautifully crafted script. Everything about this story is juicy with drama and turmoil. It's almost like watching the battle between Skywalker and Vader near the end of 'Return of the Jedi' with Tempest being Luke and Hawke being Darth Vader. It was fun watching the two Supers convey their feelings to each other during their battle and any time the producers can make you feel something for the characters, you know they went all out to make the story something very special.

-Next, is the acting between our two leading ladies which I must say was phenomenally outstanding! :thumbup:

Fan favorite Lindsay Lamb once again dons the costume of our favorite frost queen Tempest and as usual, Lindsay looks so beautiful and innocent in this story (the producer must really have a thing for blondes because he almost always has one playing the good girl in these stories and a brunette playing the villain). But Lindsay was very dramatic in this story and she shows it in everything she does: her desire to help her friend Hawke, never quitting if the odds are against her and she shows fantastic emotion as Tempest. The best part is that Tempest shows a lot of restraint during the battle and doesn't attack much, but defends: she was like a mantis patiently biding her time.
The Real Ice Queen (Tempest).mp4_snapshot_00.19_[2016.12.31_01.09.38].jpg
The Real Ice Queen (Tempest).mp4_snapshot_00.19_[2016.12.31_01.09.38].jpg (27.67 KiB) Viewed 2673 times
Tristin Rupp's performance as Hawke was deliciously impressive also: Hawke was extremely vindictive, pessimistic, bloodthirsty and she didn't have a care in the world. I loved how she talked down to Lindsay's character making her out as an inferior 'super' in contrast with her character. Tristin bounced between being aggressive and being spiteful in the story and from the looks of things she truly enjoyed playing the role of Hawke. Hawke looked like a tortured soul almost in the story, especially during the scenes of dialogue that she and Tempest have:

Tempest: Hawke, please! Let me help you! I know you want my help!

Hawke (angrily): Don't you get it, Tempest?! I don't *want*...your help! You can't help me! No one can!

It was almost like there was a part of Hawke that was struggling not to fight her friend but still desired to destroy her. That's how deep the acting for this story goes and it shows that the writers wanted to go for an 'inner turmoil' struggle and not just the traditional fisticuffs that you see most times.
The Real Ice Queen (Hawke appears).mp4_snapshot_00.36_[2016.12.31_01.10.25].jpg
The Real Ice Queen (Hawke appears).mp4_snapshot_00.36_[2016.12.31_01.10.25].jpg (48.46 KiB) Viewed 2673 times
-The fighting for this vid was so-so. While it was a good pro, there's also a small con behind it which I'll address later.

-The audio was crisp and clear and you could hear every word that Lindsay and Tristin spoke. They also had some good audio effects for when blows were landed or when powers were displayed.

-Very impressive visual effects here for this story as always. Lindsay gets the majority of showcasing her abilities while Hawke just relies on good ole' fashion fist to fist action.
The Real Ice Queen (Stand down Hawke).mp4_snapshot_00.49_[2016.12.31_01.11.15].jpg
The Real Ice Queen (Stand down Hawke).mp4_snapshot_00.49_[2016.12.31_01.11.15].jpg (65.57 KiB) Viewed 2673 times
The Real Ice Queen (You need to chill, Hawke).mp4_snapshot_05.22_[2016.12.31_01.18.58].jpg
The Real Ice Queen (You need to chill, Hawke).mp4_snapshot_05.22_[2016.12.31_01.18.58].jpg (31.36 KiB) Viewed 2673 times
-Though Lindsay's character is able to stand her ground a great deal in the vid, Tempest finds herself on the receiving end of some of Hawke's brutality in this story. Belly blows, head slams to the concrete and so forth. :ohmg: And through it all, Tristin's character is very cruel and spiteful to her...I felt extremely bad for Tempest in this story.

Cons

-Just a few: the fight scenes could really use some tweaking up. That's probably the only real problem that I have with some of these vids because they slow things down when a punch or a kick is thrown and then go back to regular speed when the blow is landed...makes the characters look like they're in a time warp when they fight.

-The ending really left a dull taste in my mouth. I won't spoil the ending or shoot the vid down on the scale for the way the story was brought to a close (because there were so many more factors that made it oh so good), but I really wished the story didn't end the way that it had. It almost made me want to do this:
Crying shame tumblr_nk4kui4YGF1uo1owvo1_500.gif
Crying shame tumblr_nk4kui4YGF1uo1owvo1_500.gif (935.38 KiB) Viewed 2673 times
Final Outcome:

*sigh* When supers turn bad, it truly is a heartbreaking sight and you often ask yourself what on Earth would make a heroine so pure and so strong flip like this? Often times you wonder if there's any chance that they can be redeemed and if they feel remorse for what they do. This story answers some of those questions and leaves one asking for more answers but overall, I'd have to say that this production was an outstanding work of art and the producers and actresses deserve a standing ovation for its creation. :clap2:

Final Score for 'The Real Ice Queen': 10 out of 10, ladies and gentlemen. (While the dramatics for this story may not be for everyone, I highly prescribe that you give this vid a chance).
'Underestimate your enemy in battle, odds are, you won't live to see another one'
Doctor Outcome
Overlord
Overlord

And here's a couple of more screenshots from this dramatic drama:
The Real Ice Queen (Hawke's toy).mp4_snapshot_04.21_[2016.12.31_01.17.29].jpg
The Real Ice Queen (Hawke's toy).mp4_snapshot_04.21_[2016.12.31_01.17.29].jpg (23.64 KiB) Viewed 2670 times
The Real Ice Queen (I am Evolution).mp4_snapshot_01.30_[2016.12.31_01.12.08].jpg
The Real Ice Queen (I am Evolution).mp4_snapshot_01.30_[2016.12.31_01.12.08].jpg (47.11 KiB) Viewed 2670 times
The Real Ice Queen (Test your Might).mp4_snapshot_03.14_[2016.12.31_01.15.45].jpg
The Real Ice Queen (Test your Might).mp4_snapshot_03.14_[2016.12.31_01.15.45].jpg (28.17 KiB) Viewed 2670 times
The Real Ice Queen (Test your Might).mp4_snapshot_03.16_[2016.12.31_01.16.02].jpg
The Real Ice Queen (Test your Might).mp4_snapshot_03.16_[2016.12.31_01.16.02].jpg (20.15 KiB) Viewed 2670 times
The Real Ice Queen (Tempest all choked up).mp4_snapshot_05.16_[2016.12.31_01.18.39].jpg
The Real Ice Queen (Tempest all choked up).mp4_snapshot_05.16_[2016.12.31_01.18.39].jpg (31.61 KiB) Viewed 2670 times
If you like what you see, then go check this vid out at this site here:
The Real Ice Queen.mp4_snapshot_08.41_[2016.12.31_01.25.29].jpg
The Real Ice Queen.mp4_snapshot_08.41_[2016.12.31_01.25.29].jpg (10.46 KiB) Viewed 2670 times
Happy New Year, gang! :hny:
'Underestimate your enemy in battle, odds are, you won't live to see another one'
Z1985
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

Good review, Tempest (Lindsay Lamb) is one of my favorites too.
Doctor Outcome
Overlord
Overlord

Z1985 wrote:Good review, Tempest (Lindsay Lamb) is one of my favorites too.
:thumbup:

Thank you my friend, I'm glad you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. I love Tempest also...something about a person who can manipulate the weather (particularly the cold) that's just really amazing. That and I love speedsters too! Hope someone does a story on a speedster one day.
Z1985
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

Doctor Outcome wrote:

Thank you my friend, I'm glad you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. I love Tempest also...something about a person who can manipulate the weather (particularly the cold) that's just really amazing. That and I love speedsters too! Hope someone does a story on a speedster one day.
There are a video of a speedster in Thesuperheroines.com. Check this out: http://www.thesuperheroines.com/blogs/u ... er-trailer

As for Tempest, she is a great character! Love the fight against Amoeba, and Lindsay Lamb as Tsuki is great too!
Doctor Outcome
Overlord
Overlord

Z1985 wrote:
Doctor Outcome wrote:

There are a video of a speedster in Thesuperheroines.com. Check this out: http://www.thesuperheroines.com/blogs/u ... er-trailer

As for Tempest, she is a great character! Love the fight against Amoeba, and Lindsay Lamb as Tsuki is great too!
Looks great and sounds interesting. Definitely have to give that one a chance when I get paid again.