SHG-Media's Crimson Dove (2015) Review

Superheroine Video Reviews By The Fans!
Forum rules
Create One Thread For Each Video Title.
In the Subject Line, put the title of the video, followed by the production company, or producers name.
Rate the video out of 10 at the bottom of your post.
Your review must be constructive. Tell us why you liked it, or why you didn't.
javcritic
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

Running Time : 26 mins 20 secs
Crimson Dove stars the extremely beautiful and talented Stella Rae as the titular role, a superheroine who is called in by her boss with the whereabouts and location of devious criminal ‘’Lester The Molester’’, now fit with this information she leaves hot on his trail to ultimately ensue, bate and take down this deviant villain once and for all, but is he as oblivious as she thinks? Lets find out!

And the first thing i liked about the film as always was the abundant beauty and impressive acting skills of its main actress Stella Rae (who is currently on my Favorite Actresses list) and by only the first 10 minutes she is able to change outfits 4 times throughout with each one amplifying her curvaceous assets as much as the last before arriving at what is now her Crimson Dove costume,

And her costume while good is nothing amazing and is definitely not the best outfit to grace Stella’s curves but it’s got great production value and has not got too much going on stylistically so we can really see Stella’s figure underneath it’s plain,clear and well made material but just like most costumes of this nature my biggest complaint is its lack of shimmer or a tight, latex-like fabric which is definitely more of a personal gripe so without that being said it’s harmless.

The action is great, being both very well edited, directed and performed, and in usual SHG-Media fashion it is punchy, kinetic and realistic adding a lot of urgency to the film’s pace as well as a lot of engagement to the events too.

But with that the editing at times can feel very choppy, cutting of the sound from the previous take and having actors repeat movements from obvious re-takes which can be a little distracting and pulled me out of the film a couple times.

The script is nothing special and personally i felt everything started to prematurely leaving no room for build up, suspense or foreshadowing at all while also lacking the initial innocence given to the character so that when the events do finally become sexual it feels much more earned/ and as provocative as possible because of it.

But again though while these do sound like harmful criticisms, the sheer conviction and suggestiveness of Stella’s performance definitely give back some of that engagement to the film as she makes every sex scene more involving and engrossing to watch, making you never want to take your eyes off her as she exhilarates with each moan and wimpier all being delivered with as much conviction as the last one.

But with that theirs also a sense of subtlety in her performance as well, as slowly throughout she shows the strength and the dignity of her character start to fade more and more to the point where for the last quarter she just looks outright terrified throughout for whatever’s gonna happen next her soul and spirit but still trying to show composure and put on the front that she’s still stronger than ever.

The directing is also really subtly impressive, having a very intimate, immediate and close/personal feel to it giving the events eroticism as much as it does humanity/realism too.

And the villain while he does have motive and his powers are explained a enough, overall he has maybe 4 lines and for that he is very easily overshadowed, further solidifying the fact that this is most definitely Stella’s show, but sadly nothing more or less.

And while Stella’s performance does make the sex scenes all worthwhile, the formula of these scenes starts to grow stale quite quickly with Crimson Dove getting her chest groped while occasionally getting her crotch rubbed and that’s it, yet this could be alright but there’s undertones or deeper level to these scenes so instead we have no dialogue and just pure sex making it just that and only that.

But with this in the ending sex scene we are finally not only given the last taste of that superb performance by Stella and more of that naturalistic direction but also some truly provocative ideas being intertwined with this and i don’t want to give away what it is but i’ll just say it is possibly the most unique and inventive humiliation I’ve ever seen in a heroine film while doubling as a beautifully erotic piece of film-making as well.

So all in all while the film has a lot of problems mainly it’s lack of dialogue/titillating ideas but with that it also has an undeniably engrossing performance from Stella Rae further proving the fact that she is one of the best heroine actresses going, coupled with it’s unpredictable/realistic direction it definitely is a missed opportunity as a whole, but if you feel you just want to see an amazing performance and don’t mind if the other stuff is sacrificed for it then i definitely have to recommend this film.

7/10

Buy It Here :
http://www.shg-media.com/Default.asp?Pa ... 4837457674

My blog where you can find all my other reviews :
http://javreviewsxxx.tumblr.com/

My twitter where you can get updates on my next reviews :
https://twitter.com/JavCritic
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Thanks for putting a link in the review. Greatly appreciated.
frankzito
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Nice review.

I'm glad you did it. Mine would have just read "Stella Fucking Rae. Go buy it."
javcritic
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

lol Yeah at this point Stella's done so many great films after another it's just expected now, easily one of my favourite superheroine actresses around at the moment.
ywf
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Stella has just retired recently, I hope someone can take up the mantle of Crimson Dove ASAP!
Loveflavia
Neophyte
Neophyte

Stella always was a best actress 👌
shevek
Producer
Producer

One of the most talented and beautiful actresses this genre has ever seen, and this is among her top performances. She will be sorely missed. I certainly hope we keep seeing her Assistant Director credit on TBFE, and that she could still make occasional guest appearances as a villainess in Alex David's films or some such. One can only hope!