♠️ Asexual writers?

The Dark Side Of Superheroine Peril Discussion - 18 and older.
Frenemy54
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Quick random question; how many writers here identify as Asexual? I've been exploring this aspect of myself and I was interested how many Ace writers we have here (if any?)
ivandobsky
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asexuality , "Asexuality is the lack of sexual attraction to others, or low or absent interest in or desire for sexual activity." , where, according to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_sexual_activity, "Human sexual activity, human sexual practice or human sexual behaviour is the manner in which humans experience and express their sexuality. People engage in a variety of sexual acts, ranging from activities done alone (e.g., masturbation) to acts with another person."

Assuming that "cor she's fit" qualifies as "sexual attraction", and doesn't require me to actually talk to a lady or ask her out on a date, I'm no asexual. I also have a demonstrated interest in cleaning my pipes.

As for exploring that "aspect of yourself" - are you talking about NoFAP?
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Yeah I'm not sure what you mean? I think probably few to none of us identify as Asexual. I think a lot of WRITING in general is done Asexually for the most part (Harry Potter probably wasn't written in a fervor of lust.... probably). I mean, its actually a lot easier to write an asexual story than it is to keep yourself on task for a SEXUALLY involved storytelling.......... I just don't imagine there's a whole lot of demand for that floating around HERE. The whole SHiP fetish is built on sexuality in one form or another... I don't suppose its actually impossible to be a SHiP fan for non sexual reasons or anything, but one is forced to consider that the percentage is likely rather small.
bassar1
Neophyte
Neophyte

Yeah I identify as ace or at least demisexual and used to write a lot of smut, becuase I wasn't finding what I wanted to read.
bare_thighz
Henchman
Henchman

If you're married and your wife never wants to have sex, does that count as being asexual?