Memory Lane

The Dark Side Of Superheroine Peril Discussion - 18 and older.
BlackOut
Neophyte
Neophyte

With the arrival of the new year I was feeling a touch of nostalgia and was thinking back to a site that has long since been shelved. Not sure how many of you remember the old site shib.com but it was probably one of the first that I'm aware of in regards to this genre and was around back in the late nineties I think. They had some quality links, a forum, and even their own videos and photo sets. Which brings me to Sadie Belle as the Scarlet Avenger. Probably one of the more stunningly attractive women I've ever seen in this genre. So I thought I'd share a pic of her.

I know there was a video of this and more that they offered such as Lady Justice vs. The Hotel Burglars but alas I have no idea if any of their productions are still available. If anyone knows anything about these lost relics, or if they are still available I'd be interested to find out. Regardless though, feel free to share any of your old favorites, and happy new year.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Definitely remember this. What I can't remember is whether I discovered SHIB, Superheroine Central or Superheroine's Demise (sooperhero.com) first..I think it might have been all in quick succession, about the same time around 1999. I remember printing out the photos of Kelsie Chambers as Scarlet Avenger, and I still have them. SHIB and Superheroine Central did some regular collaborations so I may have discovered one of the sties by linking from the other.

Incredibly, SHIB.com is still up. There's no more discussion forum, no more photo sets to buy (their 'token' purchase system is gone), and the video store went kaput. There hasn't been an update anywhere since 2006. But it's still there.

Don't know about the availability of any other videos, but the SHIB production 'Ms Americana vs Leather Lady' (1999, also featuring Flag Girl) is still listed as a 'tape' for $45 purchase at http://www.superheroinecentral.com/shibvideo.htm. Whether one can still purchase the tape, I guess one would have to ask Dan-O. But you can still download the large preview and get a grainy eyeful of the amazing Stacy Burke as Flag Girl. Stacy is also still around - still lists herself on Twitter as a fetish model.

I guess the only other question is what has SHIB's Ken Yamada been doing since 2006, and could he possibly still live at that
Sun Valley address? I'm sure the answer would be enlightening if any Southern California folks happen to know (congratulations on marijuana legalization btw).
Shakeshift
Producer
Producer

Ken is doing fine. He stays busy and he is a behind+the-scenes sort of industry player.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Shakeshift wrote:
6 years ago
Ken is doing fine. He stays busy and he is a behind+the-scenes sort of industry player.
Have you heard from him lately? I have not.