Patreon going full shutdown

Topics, links and pics that are interesting, weird, or irrelevant!
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

SleepyGimp who is a great artists is being shut down by Patreon for his content which is hardly racy. No sex really. I'm hearing others are having issues as well since Patreon is now cracking down for some reason.

In any event people are jumping to subscribe star. So please help your favorite artists by going to subscribe star to support them there.

Here's Sleepygimp's url at subscribe star
https://subscribestar.adult/sleepygimp
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

I feel this crackdown is an extension of the instagram crackdown as well. A lot of instagram models are getting banned, shadowbanned or having a lot of content removed.
Instagram recently updated their TOS when they made updates to their UI and it looks like they are trying to rein in the creators who are trying to sell anything that isn't tshirts or galaxy ceiling projectors.
ivandobsky
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Some of Patreon's purging comes from activists within the company, but I expect stuff like this is more due to policies imposed by Mastercard, Visa etc, (which are somewhat in bed with the government(s)), and/or legal reasons. I don't claim to understand it all. "Operation Chokepoint" is an interesting topic, though apparently that's ended. I hear there's still some wierdness where businesses can't get some kind of "financial insurance" if they lend money to people arbitrarily designated as "high risk". Might be a California specific madness.

Anyone else watch The Dick Show? I particularly enjoyed this recent ~5 minute rant, which is somewhat on topic. The government is back in charge, and we're all screwed!