Online dating sites?

Topics, links and pics that are interesting, weird, or irrelevant!
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Hi all,

So this is sorta off-topic, I guess, but no more so than some other topics I see in this forum. So if this is inappropriate or not allowed, please forgive me and just delete the thread. But I am not sure who else to ask. :)

I've recently decided to try to get back into dating after an approximately 15-year hiatus, and I'd like to find someone with whom I am sexually compatible.

So I looked around for a BDSM dating site and, of course, the first one that comes up is Alt.com. So I set up a profile and almost immediately started getting "Icebreakers" and messages from women with pictures that are unbelievably hot. But in order to respond to them, I have to pay for a membership. So I'm immediately suspicious that this is an obvious scam to get me to pay for the site and that I have no real hope of meeting an actual person through this thing.

Has anyone had any experience with this site? Or some other site that actually worked for you?
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

This is in Miscellaneous so its impossible for it to be off topic.

So good luck to you finding a soul mate.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Just in case anyone is interested in just how bad alt.com is... I just got a message on the site and the message is literally a "Lorem Ipsum" generator.

If you are not famliar with "Lorem Ipsum", it is basically a computer generated way of making up gibberish and nonsense words that kinda seem like latin. It's useful sometimes for software testing. This 'bot didn't even bother to use a canned response. It generated nonsense words and sent them to me.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Perhaps Lorem Ipsum was her name?

Well, you know what they say, 'the course of true love never runs shulp'
:giggle:

Good luck with the rest of your search mate and here's a real piece of Latin for you - 'nil desperandum'

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I don't know if you can find them, but Google searches for product reviews can sometimes turn up information about sites. If you are lucky, then you can find past users that give you enough information to make a useful decision. I mostly look for negative reviews where there is detailed information on why you shouldn't use it.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Visitor wrote:
4 years ago
I don't know if you can find them, but Google searches for product reviews can sometimes turn up information about sites. If you are lucky, then you can find past users that give you enough information to make a useful decision. I mostly look for negative reviews where there is detailed information on why you shouldn't use it.
Given he expressed an interest in bondage, perhaps he might find a review on...wait for it...

WHIP ADVISOR!!!!

:giggle: :laugh: :lol:

Thank you, I'm here all week!

Bert

TIEnTEEZ wrote:
4 years ago
I've recently decided to try to get back into dating after an approximately 15-year hiatus, and I'd like to find someone with whom I am sexually compatible.
This will probably be unwelcome, but I assure you it is coming from a place of respect. If you want a relationship, making your fetish the starting point for finding someone might be a bad idea. There are much more important aspects to compatibility than a person's fetish life, and if there aren't, well that's an indication that you have a problem. Not judging, just an honest opinion.
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Bert wrote:
4 years ago
TIEnTEEZ wrote:
4 years ago
This will probably be unwelcome, but I assure you it is coming from a place of respect. If you want a relationship, making your fetish the starting point for finding someone might be a bad idea. There are much more important aspects to compatibility than a person's fetish life, and if there aren't, well that's an indication that you have a problem. Not judging, just an honest opinion.
Yes, I hear what you're saying. I've tried both ways - dating on fetish sites and then vanilla. There are problems either way. The problem with dating on a vanilla site is that you could meet someone you really like but with whom you are not sexually compatible. In fact, this will happen most, if not almost all of the time. So you end up wasting a LOT of time.