It's been a long time...Sorry I left you...Blackbyrds Coming Soon

Topics, links and pics that are interesting, weird, or irrelevant!
MuggsMcKinney
Neophyte
Neophyte

Howdy, Folk. Those of you who've been around this forum for the last 10 years or so might know me or my work under different aliases...and my habit of abandoning a lot of story ideas. [Sorry about that :nugget: ] It's just that these past several years have taken a huge toll on me personally [For instance, I was homeless from the Summer of 2010 through the Winter of 2011].

A couple of years ago, some of you may recall, I tried to create a new original character--Magpie. That idea went south for a number of reasons, the biggest being real-life events in the world of American Football: The St. Louis Rams had cut Michael Sam, the NFL's first openly gay draft pick early in the 2014 season; the Rams then moved back to Los Angeles; FOX had replaced Troy Aikman & Joe Buck's longtime companion sideline reporter Pam Oliver with Erin Andrews; and the most devastating blow came in the sudden passing of former Minnesota Vikings & Arizona Cardinals head coach Dennis Green. By themselves, none of these events alone would have impacted the story-line I was developing, but because they all happened, I just ended up scratching the whole idea.

Today, I'm here to tease you with a new story with a simpler premise: a trio of henchgirls fed up with being abused by their megalomaniac bosses and with the unfulfilling life of villainy in general decide to team up and turn over a new leaf by becoming crime-fighters themselves. Because all three women coincidentally share the names of birds with black feathers, they dub themselves The Blackbyrds. Still wanted for the various crimes committed as henchwomen, the intrepid trio not only has to deal with their former bosses and other villains and villainesses, but also Redd X--The City of Long Ridge's primary costumed crusader whom while grateful for their assistance in cleaning up the city is also upset that this new team of vigilantes are stealing his thunder. Redd X also hides a dark secret past [I won't give it away here, of course :sneaky:]. My goal is to have the first of what I hope to be many installments posted in the Stories forum by the start of the new year. Until then...Stay Tuned :flyaway:
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Hey MM,

Yes I remember Magpie, I may have even even commented on it. I loved the detail you put into it, I could almost here the commentary team in my head during the action. I was a little concerned you might not be able to keep that work rate up but more than surprised when you vanished completely. I had a PM to you in my outbox for so long I recently deleted it!

Anyway, I wish you the best in life and your future endeavours.

AEM
My avatar courtesy of https://www.deviantart.com/sleepy-comics

My current story is Supergirl V Bane

This is all the stuff I've done here but don't tell anyone about this!