You Don't Need to Go to Heaven or Hell...You are most likely in both already, so pick your own poison

Topics, links and pics that are interesting, weird, or irrelevant!
FallOutDweller
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Location: Mostly United Kinkydoms of Netherlands and Damnmarks

Seriously Folks, what's wrong in a tv series (another procedural investigative drama, I know, don't we had enough CSI/NCIS/Jim Weather's Bound Girls with Tiny Badges - ;) stay tuned - more than enough for a few life times for generations to come ?) that twist and shouts making the Prince of Darkness himself come along ?

Is not like there wasn't a lot of promising stuff on this show already - did I forget to mention the Prince of Darkness ? Totally unfair by the way, that's too much one sided propaganda coming from really unreliable sources that do more bad than good for the sake of not being openly evil.

Is the same kind of good acting we get from Supergirl up to eleven and there is a lot of Supergirls to keep an eye on it in so many levels. Take a look !

That Powergirl don't even need to show her double D cup. She is awesome just the way she is written already. There was so much useless debate about T&A already that I am glad a show starring Lucifer choose to follow a different path.

The Devil is a mythological figure, a comic book character in his own right and finally we have a show where he decide to drop the cook book and the "good" book all the way through the window. I can't wait to see this achieving success where others fail miserably because they follow a portrait too easy to be ignored. :thumbup:

Thanks Luci.
Semi-Pro Devil's Advocate and Lawyer of Lost Pants & Causes / Spare Time Frame Caption Hunter.
digitalbleh
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Im lost, what is this topic about? What tv show?
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

He's talking about the new Lucifer TV show. I also can't follow what he's saying.
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Aren't WOWgirl's posts always kind of like this!
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

As for wither Lucifer exists or not,I'm sure you may get a chance to see for yourself when you see him face to face.Then you can tell him"I don't believe in you"If you don't believe in the GOOD BOOK that's your problem and good luck with that.We may all have this fetish but that's no reason to mock believers in something ALOT bigger than ourselves.As for this ridiculous show,it won't last long.Someones pathetic attempt to make a evil thing "cool"Its a little like when in some of these videos the "ladies" dress up as nuns,I've been into this stuff for many years now but even I know some things are to far.Just my 2 cents.
FallOutDweller
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

You guys waste too much time arguing back and forth what is, what was and what not means T&A and was a tiresome argument to follow.

I am standing for intelligent shows with intelligent strong female characters.

And I am also standing for somehow controversial characters that some people don't want to give even the chance of a premier.

This show controversy reminds me the one that shutdown the short lived Playboy Club tv show and some comparisons can be made with the deceased Constantine tv show. The powers that be cancelled a supernatural tv show based on a comic book character and before that they shut down another one based on a popular magazine made for boys that grow old rather than grown up.

The best thing about the Lucifer character is that he choose to break the rules and stop doing what everybody else decided they should expect from him and that makes him an interesting character. Whatever is going on with Chloe Decker and why she is somehow immune to Lucifer's powers also made her an interesting character. I hope they relationship evolve strong and original rather than maybe mimic the relations we already seen on tv shows like Bones or Castle.

Thanks to whatever powers that be if we don't need T&A or Straight Forward Goody Two Shoes heroes to write a compelling story, that's my point.
Semi-Pro Devil's Advocate and Lawyer of Lost Pants & Causes / Spare Time Frame Caption Hunter.
avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

theScribbler wrote:Aren't WOWgirl's posts always kind of like this!
I was wondering if wowgirl and falloutdweller are the same person....
FallOutDweller
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Richpartist wrote:As for wither Lucifer exists or not,I'm sure you may get a chance to see for yourself when you see him face to face.
If someday I meet the devil I hope I can shake his hand and say "Thank you Sir for a job well done. I never expect anybody else could be able to delivery the same kind of professionalism working pro bono. Cheers! :evil: :beer2: :evil: "
phoxy_brown
Sargeant
Sargeant

WOW!
That's all I can say.
phoxy_brown
Sargeant
Sargeant

My head just 'sploded!
FallOutDweller
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

On a short note : Supernatural lasts for non stop 11 seasons and more, Constantine last one season, a tv show with Lucifer himself as starring main character shall not even be considered ? I can see some bias specially because the producers choose not to cast a obvious blonde, blue eyes, snow white skin actor from Scandinavian origin, they choose a talented Welsh dude to play the fallen Angel.

That leave a lot of room for hot blonde women, thanks God - ironically.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Hmmm, I quite like a theological debate...

[reads thread]

Oh fuck, no.

[walks on by]
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

FallOutDweller wrote:On a short note : Supernatural lasts for non stop 11 seasons and more, Constantine last one season, a tv show with Lucifer himself as starring main character shall not even be considered ? I can see some bias specially because the producers choose not to cast a obvious blonde, blue eyes, snow white skin actor from Scandinavian origin, they choose a talented Welsh dude to play the fallen Angel.

That leave a lot of room for hot blonde women, thanks God - ironically.

I think supernatural is a little different. Regular guys fighting evil. Plus that show has a crazy following of female fans. And its fairly cheap entertainment made in Canada on a smaller network. Smaller networks tend to prolong shows like CW with Smallville. Lucifer is on Fox and bigger networks tend to be more tossing of shows. I'm surprised CBS hasn't chucked Supergirl yet.

Also Supernatural has a level of violence that keeps male viewers interested. Lots of ganking.
FallOutDweller
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

The bastards on Supernatural lost half their audience after 11 seasons that never get above 4 million viewers in average, meanwhile Lucifer is bleeding 2 million per episode after 3 episodes probably because American audiences are dumb but in the show's defense I can say this : "FOR CHRIST SAKE, IS A TV SHOW ON FOX! THE SAME KIND OF COMPANY THAT GIVE YOU A BATMAN TV SHOW WITHOUT BATMAN BECAUSE WARNER BROTHERS IS EVEN DUMBER."

(__Warner Brothers give us Supergirl boss. :yahoo: )
(__Yes, but they give that to CBS ! What kind of company split their own shared superhero universe ? :wolverine: )

Honestly there is no better suited Broadcast Company for the Devil in America than the Axing Machine it self and stand after Gotham didn't help at all. So my consolation is the fact this showing will get for his 12 episodes run just a little bit better than Constantine.

With a CGI budget that low I think it might be much worse but once again Thanks Luci for at least try to enlighten our minds.

Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Okay, I'll take the bait.

Whether you're religious or not (and I'm speaking as a lifelong atheist here), you have to admit it's a ballsy move for a network in a predominantly Christian country to run a show that seems likely to alienate much of the potential audience.

People gave the show a chance with OK-ish overnight ratings of 7.16 million. Every show experiences a drop-off after the premiere, so it's way too early to tell whether the final ratings will level-off to a figure that's deemed acceptable for Fox to commission Season 2.

I'm not sure what sort of arithmetic you're using to calculate a drop of 2 million per episode? The three reported overnight (not including DVR and streaming) figures are 7.16m, 6.00m and 5.47m.

Even if everyone tunes out in the coming weeks, that doesn't mean "American audiences are dumb", but just that people like different things to you. Taste is subjective. The real world existence of Lucifer, however, is either an objective fact or it isn't.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Heroine Addict wrote:Okay, I'll take the bait.

Whether you're religious or not (and I'm speaking as a lifelong atheist here), you have to admit it's a ballsy move for a network in a predominantly Christian country to run a show that seems likely to alienate much of the potential audience.
The US is Christian in name only since if you polled most Christians on their church attendance and beliefs, then you would find them pretty much agnostics. The highly religious parts don't watch the show and a few decades ago would have protested against it just on the title. Think back to God, the Devil, and Bob that had affiliates not even air the show.

The show has plenty of violence and scantily clad women that sometimes are in bed with Lucifer. That pretty much obscures any religious messages although the show has a few about punishing wrong doers. Otherwise it's pretty much another police procedural show where you meet the villain in the first 15 minutes and spend the rest eliminating the innocent suspects.

Chloe Decker is the unresolved sexual tension love interest that keeps views coming back to see when they finally get together. The writers try to keep them apart for as long as possible because the show usually gets cancelled once they get together.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Visitor wrote: The US is Christian in name only since if you polled most Christians on their church attendance and beliefs, then you would find them pretty much agnostics. The highly religious parts don't watch the show and a few decades ago would have protested against it just on the title. Think back to God, the Devil, and Bob that had affiliates not even air the show.

The show has plenty of violence and scantily clad women that sometimes are in bed with Lucifer. That pretty much obscures any religious messages although the show has a few about punishing wrong doers. Otherwise it's pretty much another police procedural show where you meet the villain in the first 15 minutes and spend the rest eliminating the innocent suspects.

Chloe Decker is the unresolved sexual tension love interest that keeps views coming back to see when they finally get together. The writers try to keep them apart for as long as possible because the show usually gets cancelled once they get together.
Agnostic may be pushing it a bit, as American Christians do generally believe in the existence God and Lucifier. Although opinion on social issues has become more secular in recent years.
http://www.pewforum.org/2015/11/03/u-s- ... religious/