Heroine Creation/Design Tools

General discussions about superheroines!
ThatOnePervert
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

With flash no longer being supported a lot of decent resources for designing superheroines were loss. Hero machine was probably the most popular I saw on Deviant Art, I tend to like X-girl creator myself because while the options were more limited the tools you had were more user friendly. Now that I've lost both I've been wondering what are the best resources for the artistically impaired to design their own superheroines?

I'm a big fan of the Soul Calibur series and the last few games have had character creators. I was able to do decent depictions of an aquatic heroine I designed below. Though it has some major problems in that some of what I would consider key aspects to your basic superheroine costume don't overlap with each other. Like the only way to get stockings for your character is to equip a playboy bunny suit, but the same spot that exist for the playboy bunny suit is also the only slot for the leotard option. It's decent for certain designs and even has it's own signature superheroine costume you can buy as DLC, but for anything detailed and a few pretty basic concepts it comes up lacking.
Attachments
SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20210717112015.jpg
Black Widow Moment
SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20210717112015.jpg (191.11 KiB) Viewed 1813 times
SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20210717112209.jpg
Heroic resolve
SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20210717112209.jpg (236.21 KiB) Viewed 1813 times
SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20210717112845.jpg
Diving Belle isn't much of a Weapons kind of fighter, but in a pinch she can freeze water to form ice weapons.
SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20210717112845.jpg (232.11 KiB) Viewed 1813 times
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I typically use MMOs like Champions Online (for which I bought a lifetime subscription years ago). I don't love the cartoony/comic-book-style art, but it can do some pretty great stuff.

City of Heroes shut down a long time ago, but there is a privately-owned server where some dedicated fan (or someone) is running it and you can use it for free. It's a bit tricky to install and set up, but once you go, it's easy to use and has an excellent range of costumes and such for creating superheroines. :)
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

TIEnTEEZ wrote:
2 years ago
I typically use MMOs like Champions Online (for which I bought a lifetime subscription years ago). I don't love the cartoony/comic-book-style art, but it can do some pretty great stuff.

City of Heroes shut down a long time ago, but there is a privately-owned server where some dedicated fan (or someone) is running it and you can use it for free. It's a bit tricky to install and set up, but once you go, it's easy to use and has an excellent range of costumes and such for creating superheroines. :)
Yes I played CoH a few months ago. They basically reverse engineered the server. The game did need a serious face lift especially with characters but it had a robust character designer. Wrestling games are another good source.
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago
TIEnTEEZ wrote:
2 years ago

Yes I played CoH a few months ago. They basically reverse engineered the server. The game did need a serious face lift especially with characters but it had a robust character designer. Wrestling games are another good source.
DC Universe Online is another one I use. But it's pretty limited, because you have to pay for a subscription and they made it so you have to "find" costume pieces as loot. The basic stuff you get up front is not bad, but it really sucks to have to work for the other stuff.

I keep waiting for the next generation of Superhero MMOs, but they seem to be taking forever. City of Titans has been in development for a gazillion years, and there are a whole bunch of others coming with various themes and concepts that could be interesting. I just hope they have great character-creators. And I hope the games actually bring something new and modern to the table.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I think World of Conan has a good character creator but its mostly medieval stuff.
Bladebur
Henchman
Henchman

I remember Saints Row IV had both a superpowers theme and a character customizer. I found it very limited if you wanted to create a superheroine character, but there were some decent options.
ivandobsky
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Try second life / open sim, or IMVU. City of Heroes, The Villain Simulator.

If you want to get your hands a little dirtier, try Daz 3D, or Blender. I've had some success using MakeHuman and exporting to Blender.
shvillian12
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

thanks for the recommendation ivandobsky, gotta try Villain Simulator, I have been using a heavily modified version of fallout 4 for this. its been fun as there are numerous mods out there that cater to the superheroine theme.