Old Superheroine Remake or Reboot

General discussions about superheroines!
AvaHeinz
Producer
Producer

G'Day mate

Well, folks at Superheroines Forum

I am looking to produce a set video featuring older style superhero that aren't make by anyone anymore, I wonder if anyone here nostalgic enough to support?

At this point, I am looking to reboot some or all of the following series
  • Spellbinder by Darla Crane
    PowerCat by New Phoenix Filmworks
    BarbWire by Dark Horse Comic
    Dyna Girl and Electra Women by Sid and Marty Krofft (They are already remaking it into web series in 2016, but I don't really like it)
All of our production is PG/M rated and no nudity nor sex. So we are going to make a tone down version of Spellbinder. Costume and character may also change so as to for us not to be sue for ripping off people's hard work, well, we are planning on a Homage series, but we don't want to get into trouble

I am already planning to make a PowerCat homage coming September (it's cold here in OZ for water activities now) but if a lot of people want to see superheroine like those being remake, I may get all of them remake into a single episode or a multiverse series (Put them all in the same series)

At this point I am NOT taking pledges, because I am not sure I will make those (Beside Powercat, but we already have enough budget to do that) but if enough interested are gathered, I may start taking pledges. Or if you want have other heroine in mind you want to remake, let me know by replying to this thread.

Thanks
Ava
elekid125
Neophyte
Neophyte

Would love to see something new with Electra Woman & Dyna Girl!
lionbadger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

A Barb Wire could be good (plus you're in Oz so you've already got the dystopian wasteland to shoot it in!)
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

If Queen of Swords is considered a superheroine

Or Elekra from DareDevil
AvaHeinz
Producer
Producer

elekid125 wrote:
4 years ago
Would love to see something new with Electra Woman & Dyna Girl!
Dyna Girl and Electra woman is probably the hardest one of them all, I will see if I have enough support to make one,

By the way, did you watch the 2016 remake of Dyna Girl and Electra Woman? I think they are actually quite bad..
AvaHeinz
Producer
Producer

lionbadger wrote:
4 years ago
A Barb Wire could be good (plus you're in Oz so you've already got the dystopian wasteland to shoot it in!)
lol, film it on the original mad max set? I would love to shoot it in Central Queensland, but we are Sydney based.....

I can go to places like Dubbo and shoot it croc hunter style. Titled Brab Wire vs Kangaroo...
AvaHeinz
Producer
Producer

Dazzle1 wrote:
4 years ago

Or Elekra from DareDevil
I am not familiar with Queen of Swords...…
Elekra would be nice, but I think the costume alone would cost a lot to make, unless we are not making it leather.
lionbadger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

AvaHeinz wrote:
4 years ago

I can go to places like Dubbo and shoot it croc hunter style. Titled Brab Wire vs Kangaroo...
What's that Skippy?

DON'T CALL ME BABE!
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

AvaHeinz wrote:
4 years ago
Dazzle1 wrote:
4 years ago

Or Elekra from DareDevil
Elekra would be nice, but I think the costume alone would cost a lot to make, unless we are not making it leather.
It was a female Zorro and had a supporting actor who played Methos in Highlander
Bugsy
Sargeant
Sargeant

Interesting selections! Spellbinder is interesting!!

I was a huge fan New Phoenix stuff!
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Would love to see Spellbinder! I was a Kelsey fan
Screenshot_2018-01-29-01-05-02-1.png
Screenshot_2018-01-29-01-05-02-1.png (249.48 KiB) Viewed 3567 times
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
AvaHeinz
Producer
Producer

lionbadger wrote:
4 years ago
AvaHeinz wrote:
4 years ago

What's that Skippy?

DON'T CALL ME BABE!
lol

See that you are Pam Anderson fans? I think she play a very good Barb Wire (I honestly think there are no one fitted the Barb Wire leather corset better than her) but then sadly, it was also about the time when Pam Anderson depending on "Her Asset" more than her acting, if only Pam Anderson work with her Baywatch style acting.... And as many critic pointed out, there weren't any story in Barb Wire, the main story is a sexualized Casablanca ..

Plus I would love to see Pamela Anderson take on Roger the Kangaroo in her Barb Wire costume, sadly Roger died last year, RIP...
AvaHeinz
Producer
Producer

Dazzle1 wrote:
4 years ago
AvaHeinz wrote:
4 years ago
Dazzle1 wrote:
4 years ago

Or Elekra from DareDevil
It was a female Zorro and had a supporting actor who played Methos in Highlander
Aren't Zorro Mexican? (Or the actor who played him? I can't remember his name on top of my head now)

If you can get me a link to the movie page, that would be great, I tried to search online, when I type Queen of Swords, it give me a bunch of Tarot card stuff....
AvaHeinz
Producer
Producer

Bugsy wrote:
4 years ago
Interesting selections! Spellbinder is interesting!!

I was a huge fan New Phoenix stuff!
Well, I think spellbinder have a very good potential, but the problem is that it lack of material (I think they are fan base or fetish based creation) so there are absolutely no background nor conform or conical storyline to follow. That mean good and bad. Good thing is, basically it is a blank slate character, we can do whatever we want with it, the bad news is, since this is a blank slate character, the writer would have to be creative and that could only mean one thing, The script is not going to be cheap to write.

It's not hard to get a model to wear that costume but the money involve in script making is going to be a lot, and probably unless I can see there are huge interest in Spellbinder character, it's not economically feasible to rework on one

But if I have money, I would do a Spellbinder mesh with Powercat.
AvaHeinz
Producer
Producer

tallyho wrote:
4 years ago
Would love to see Spellbinder! I was a Kelsey fan
Screenshot_2018-01-29-01-05-02-1.png
Yeah, that is a very good costume, I would like to have that make.

As I said before, if I have enough money, I would probably make a cross with Spellbiner vs Powercat.

But hey, we will see.
Max Frost
Producer
Producer

I like the Electra Woman & Dyna Girl idea, as long as it utilizes the 70's style costumes. That 2016 remake just didn't cut it, in my opinion. (No disrespect to the talent and production crew, they did a great job. It just didn't work for me.)
AvaHeinz
Producer
Producer

Max Frost wrote:
4 years ago
I like the Electra Woman & Dyna Girl idea, as long as it utilizes the 70's style costumes. That 2016 remake just didn't cut it, in my opinion. (No disrespect to the talent and production crew, they did a great job. It just didn't work for me.)
I think many people thought that too. The 2016 remake is a nice try, they did have the old 70style costume for maybe 10 minutes, then they switch to the 2016 costume, that is not really a good thing to do if you have to pay homage to the original series (I think they actually did make fun of the old costume too... I am not sure)

If we are to make it, we will go back to the 70s style costume, with the leotard and everything.
Shakeshift
Producer
Producer

Spellbinder is still used as an intellectual property by Close-Up Concepts so I'd steer completely clear of that because if you don't have the name and costume to use, it's not really Spellbinder any more at that point. It's just a person in a red and white leotard named Spell Slayer and it doesn't tune people in. People just aren't going to care unless it hits that specific fetish button. It's that name and costume (and the history that goes with it) which are so iconic and make it desirable to fans. The magic is in the name and the costume, which is why the character could be played by Darla Crane or Kelsie Chambers and everybody still bought the new video when it was released.

Darla Crane still owns her original Spellbinder costume (she was going to wear it to Fetishcon one year for the Superheroine Showdown) so you should see if she's willing to sell it. She'd want some serious $$$, but it'd be worth it just to have the ACTUAL costume. At that point, fans would be willing to buy it based on the history alone, I'd think.
AvaHeinz
Producer
Producer

Shakeshift wrote:
4 years ago
Spellbinder is still used as an intellectual property by Close-Up Concepts so I'd steer completely clear of that because if you don't have the name and costume to use, it's not really Spellbinder any more at that point. It's just a person in a red and white leotard named Spell Slayer and it doesn't tune people in. People just aren't going to care unless it hits that specific fetish button. It's that name and costume (and the history that goes with it) which are so iconic and make it desirable to fans. The magic is in the name and the costume, which is why the character could be played by Darla Crane or Kelsie Chambers and everybody still bought the new video when it was released.

Darla Crane still owns her original Spellbinder costume (she was going to wear it to Fetishcon one year for the Superheroine Showdown) so you should see if she's willing to sell it. She'd want some serious $$$, but it'd be worth it just to have the ACTUAL costume. At that point, fans would be willing to buy it based on the history alone, I'd think.
Well, as I said, I thought of the IP things before, so I may or may not have the same "Costume" or "Name" as per my first post, I want to recreate that nostalgic feeling of the 70s and 80s, not at a particular character down to the boots.

For Spellbinder costume, we actually put some thought about that, because what I know (or what I think I know) is that Spellbinder Red/White and Blue costume is representing America, and we are all the way in OZ, and red, white and blue mean nothing to us. Our national colour is Green and Gold, so we may make a similar cutting costume with Green and Gold (Or yellow) base. That way, it should not be infringing the original spellbinder costume IP right.

However, Spellbinder as a name is not trademarked/patented anywhere, We have searched both USPTO and IPA (trademark and copyright registration in US and Australia), we would still be able to use the name Spellbinder.

As for the original Spellbinder Costume, maybe, I mean, if the original costume is still here, it would have some value if we decided to make a 1 to 1 remake (like buying off the rights) but I doubt anyone would be able to wear the original costume, unless it is very well preserved. Even if we get our hand on it, it will just be taking it apart and figuring out how to reproduce it.

Ava
Shakeshift
Producer
Producer

Well I just checked with a source of mine over at Legendary, and I'd steer clear of Electra Woman and DynaGirl too, even as a parody. The Kroffts sold the rights to both the characters to Legendary Pictures, and their corporate bosses at Sony are VERY sue-happy when it comes to their IP. They don't send cease and desist letters, they go right for your bank account and holdings.
AvaHeinz
Producer
Producer

Shakeshift wrote:
4 years ago
Well I just checked with a source of mine over at Legendary, and I'd steer clear of Electra Woman and DynaGirl too, even as a parody. The Kroffts sold the rights to both the characters to Legendary Pictures, and their corporate bosses at Sony are VERY sue-happy when it comes to their IP. They don't send cease and desist letters, they go right for your bank account and holdings.
Umm, I thought Legendary Group was sold to the Chinese? (I think it's Dalian Wanda group) I think they have nothing to do with Sony, and as far as I know (from my own source), Sony own the right to distribute that movie, not the right to the movie, those are owned by Legendary, but I could be wrong tho.

Well, I don't know, most of these group allow Parody, because of the fair use of intellectual property right. Much like how SNL parody most copyrighted material or how Cosplayer cosplay copyrighted character and I think as long as we make it into a Parody or Homage (Not totally making a web series out of that) we should be alright, beside, their new reboot was universally panned, they probably not going to make noise about that, that would most likely bring up bad press.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

AvaHeinz wrote:
4 years ago
Dazzle1 wrote:
4 years ago
AvaHeinz wrote:
4 years ago
Dazzle1 wrote:
4 years ago

Or Elekra from DareDevil
Aren't Zorro Mexican? (Or the actor who played him? I can't remember his name on top of my head now)

If you can get me a link to the movie page, that would be great, I tried to search online, when I type Queen of Swords, it give me a bunch of Tarot card stuff....
One season TV series
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_of_ ... TV_series)
AvaHeinz
Producer
Producer

Dazzle1 wrote:
4 years ago
AvaHeinz wrote:
4 years ago
Dazzle1 wrote:
4 years ago
AvaHeinz wrote:
4 years ago
Dazzle1 wrote:
4 years ago

Or Elekra from DareDevil

One season TV series
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_of_ ... TV_series)
Well, I actually wanted more photo, there are only 1 photo of the cast on the Wikipedia page.

Btw. Elsa Pataky, who have a role in Queens of Swords, got married to Chris Hemsworth and I think they both live in Baron Bay in Northern NSW. It would be funky if I can get her to appear on the set lol. Well, I can only dream
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

^^^ I love the way you didnt pitch for getting him!
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
lionbadger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Has anyone considered Barbarella? Or a Penelope Pitstop ala Wacky Races/Wacky Raceland? Actually Wacky Raceland Penelope Pitstop with maybe Gigi Allens could be immense

AvaHeinz
Producer
Producer

tallyho wrote:
4 years ago
^^^ I love the way you didnt pitch for getting him!
Well, I used to worked on the set of Home and Away as a PA in the early 2000s, I worked with "him" before he went big in Hollywood.

From what I hear (I didn't know "him" that well, but I know people who he is mate with) he didn't change much. Australian TV scene is a very small place actually, if you had work with any of the 6 channels In Australia, (SBS, ABC, 7, 9 ,10 and Fox) chances are you probably know someone who gone big in Hollywood, or you will know someone who know someone went big in Hollywood. One of my classmate from film school personally know Margot Robbie when she worked on the set of Ramsey Street.

Noted that I use "him" so to avoid dropping name lol

Ava