Posting material on social media.

General discussions about superheroines!
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Not going to comment on the specific Twitter argument, as I don't think it's a good idea to import people's grievances from other forums/media. On the general subject of posting photos, it's probably best to stick to promotional stills or GIFs released by the actual producer.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I agree with Heroine Addict. Drama never ends well. Best not to spread these kinds of little fights.
GMan2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I used to own a web site devoted to Women wearing boots...and what I used to do to get some images and videos was the simple ask. I'd write a small little email to the producer, explain to them who I was and what I liked their material for, and if they were OK with me posting it as long as I gave all credit back to them. 99% were perfectly cool with it...some even went so far as to offer some bonus pics or a BTS clip. Granted, if the material was of a relatively new custom...that maybe even the custom owner had posted themselves, then it spread across the web like a virus....the producer usually asked me to hold off until they got in touch with their customer to see if it was ok to post....some producers did do this, others didn't...they just stuck with saying it's a custom, please don't share anything other then some already released promo pics.

Bottom line? Just get permission first. Most producers love the added free advertising you give them when you post their material...as long as you give them their rightfully owned credit.
saxman314
Henchman
Henchman

Don't use people's likeness or intellectual property without permission. It's pretty simple.