Favority type of mask on a superheroine

General discussions about superheroines!
SleepySuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Hey Everyone, What is your favorite type of mask on a superheroine, especially for KO purposes.

No mask

Eye mask

Cowl - Half face covered

Complete Cover - Full face covered
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I like cowl and full face masks....my cassie cain Batgirl is full head covering...and my catwoman cowl gives me a sense of security and empowerment...like I can do so much more when wearing it.
Makes for fun when it is slowly peeled off
IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

Sometimes I wonder how nobody ever figured out who Supergirl or Electra Woman and Dyna Girl were because they didn't wear masks.

Was it because everyone was too busy looking at their bodies in their costumes to get a good look at their faces?
ywf
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Eye mask!

or no mask

cannonfodder
Henchman
Henchman

Eye masks or half face masks. Hair and mouth should be visible.
Night_Lantern
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Eye masks and cowls are best. Gotta agree. Seeing those lips and eyes is sexiest. Plus it’s something to peel off. Though I must say I have developed a soft spot for the full face mask too. Hearing the heroine groan and moan in agony or pleasure beneath her mask betrays its power almost, making her defeat all the more inevitable and sweet.
Blx
Elder Member
Elder Member

Eye masks or no masks. I want to see the heroines' features
cannonfodder
Henchman
Henchman

Something like this.

flash
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Eye Masks
Attachments
wonder_woman_gun.jpg
wonder_woman_gun.jpg (56.03 KiB) Viewed 3140 times
ltrltr
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Eye masks. But Yvonne Craig made a very convincing argument for cowls.
Villain
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Catwoman style mask from Batman '66 tv show definitely.
DonShip
Overlord
Overlord

Eye masks, cowls second
EvilDaria
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Snug-fitting eye masks with heavy eye make-up that matches the mask colour or a cowl like more recent interpretations of Batgirl, again with make-up disguised eyes behind. I realise some people prefer to see all the heroine's reactions all the time, but I prefer to see the mask being used to hide behind - at least until removed or damaged.
BettyDreadful
Neophyte
Neophyte

For me, it's always a snug domino mask. I love how easy it is to pull off, while still covering a good portion of the face. It makes the unmasking moment feel tenuous, while still allowing for free-flowing hair and a dramatic tone when some dastardly villain finally does pull it off!

Artistically, I find that I really do love full face masks, especially when shown expressively on heroines like Spider-Gwen or Gwen-Pool. Those have been a lot of fun to see in stories, and have given me a lot of fun ideas to play with
Imagineer
Overlord
Overlord

No love for the balaclava? Isn't that what real people use when trying to conceal their identity in the commission of extralegal deeds?
What about facepaint? Black around the eyes, war paint, camo, even a dazzle design.
Mirrored ski goggles? :)

I'm not big into the demasking fetish, or Batgirl -- I think those folks have more of a vested interest into masks.

So I just want the masks to look good and not distract from or hide the beauty beneath -- or just skip any concealment, that's fine too.

I like the sculpted masks of Giga heroines -- I think they provide a good balance between keeping the eyes on display and adding drama and color to the character.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Imagineer wrote:
6 years ago
I like the sculpted masks of Giga heroines -- I think they provide a good balance between keeping the eyes on display and adding drama and color to the character.
Yes Giga does a lot of work on their costumes. Maybe they have a big inventory over the years so they have a good selection. They go out of their way to add plastic symbols and other nifty items. Perhaps 3D printed. The Wonder Lady costumes are very well done. They had one Wonder Lady where she wore a mask that was very nicely detailed.
Unmaskee
Henchman
Henchman

Always always the batgirl/catwoman style. I don't mind if they are the firm cowl yvonne craig style or the tight cowl catwoman style. Just so long as there is decent coverage of most of the head. With Batgirl I always like if they are wigged too and I'm hoping for a decent unmasking/dewigging scene at some point where we see the heroine unmasked but wigged then wig removed after.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I strongly prefer cowls. Eye masks have too little coverage while Spider-Gwen full masks are too androgynous and alien-looking.

The Batgirl-style cowl used in MH's KnightWoman videos is my personal favorite.

This cowl is skintight, retaining the size and contours of the female head. It shows exactly the right amount of face (eyes, mouth, chin and nose-tip) to appreciate the wearer's beauty. It has good coverage of the neck, allowing the mask to blend into a matching costume/cape. The ponytail hole at the back allows the wearers feminine long hair to be visible. Finally, the pliable fabric can be teased gradually during an unmasking scene.

It's probably the best live action realization of how skintight batcowls looked in the Silver Age comics.

The alternative Yvonne Craig-style rigid masks are okay-ish. However, most of them fit the models quite poorly. Often, the front of the cowl won't be touching the wearer's face, sometimes suspended a full inch away from her skin. Jim Weathers is one of the few producers whose YC-style cowls actually fit the models well. But then, Jim's always meticulous over details. Matching that type of cowl with a good wig seems to help.

As for the Rubie's party store version with the weirdly mournful eye holes and the fucking Ronald McDonald curly red clown wig, that piece of shit is truly an abomination.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."