Another White Shadow custom need suggestion

General discussions about superheroines!
Kookie
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Hi everyone,

I'm in the middle of a process of writing another White Shadow custom. (The 2nd one has been filmed by TBFE)

Aaand I've just been brainstorming on what would be a unique scenario, I have a general premise and I'm just looking for ideas on what would be good to do in said conditions.

The general premise is:
WS has been framed (this will relate to the 2nd film) and is brought to court for public testimony, in the end she'd be found guilty and is subject to public torture. WS is then bound in public with a crowd surrounding the scene and watching as she gets punished/tortured by an authority. At some point, everyone joins in to punish the superheroine. In the end the heroine will just be left tied up naked in front of the town hall.

Question for you:
1. What would a good public torture scene consist of? (I was just thinking an AoH in the middle of a court and she gets beaten/whipped around)
2. What should the crowd do to a superheroine to shame her/break her mentality as a heroine?
3. If anything, how would a hero be degraded by a corrupt city?

Looking forward to your villainous ideas!
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

You could have the mob strip her of the costume - converge and rip it off her dangling body kinda thing.
Not sure how the concept will be that convincing in a 'court' though
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Imagineer
Overlord
Overlord

Clearly she's not embarrassed by nudity, so bodyshaming isn't going to work on her, or she'd have covered up long ago. The crowd could yell "slut" or "whore" or expose her naughty bits all they want and it'd just bore her.

So what *is* she afraid of? Figure that out and you have something to attack her psyche.

If bush wasn't your thing, I'd say she's obviously proud of it and it should be taken from her.

There's the Harvey Dent problem -- if her ethics are compromised, everyone she's brought to justice could be let go.

I don't know if you care about explaining why the citizenry would find such barbaric punishment acceptable in the first place. If you do, maybe do it in a way the audience knows why but she doesn't. Confront her with the reality that the people she sacrificed and fought to protect are just plain evil. She'd wonder why. She'd feel betrayed. Lost. What was it all for? She didn't make the world a better place, she helped make it worse. And the world she thought she lived in would vanish.

BTW, public might be hard to pull off. Maybe it's in a secret chamber. Maybe it's like an execution, where there are a limited number of direct witnesses. Maybe they're picked by a lottery.
Kookie
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Cool ideas :). Btw, here's a JAV video with similar premise (or so I think), I have no idea what they're talking about but I'd like it if I can make something like this work.

Imagineer
Overlord
Overlord

"She claims she's a heroine using her unique abilities to protect the city? Let her prove it, then. Give her back her power gem. Let her fly away, or speed away, or leap away, or whatever it is she does, and her past efforts shall be upheld as justice, the matter before us today shall be dismissed. If not, let the people do with her as they see fit." Modern witch trial. Only we've secretly replaced her power gem with Folgers Crystals. Let's see if she can tell the difference.
Manic Street Creature
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Funnily enough, I submitted a script a couple of months ago to TBFE which features a crowd scene. It's being shot in December.

It doesn't have a physical crowd though, that would be way too expensive for me, although would be amazing like the scene you posted above. My custom is a little different to your scenario.

The general gist being that a good and pure heroine is overwhelmed by 3 supervillains and injected with a serum to force her to do anything they ask against her will. So naturally they force her to humiliate and unmask herself in front of a crowd of thousands of her enemies, force her to do bad things then later "capture her" and get the public to decide how to punish her on a live internet feed, because why not?

Technically my heroine did actually physically commit the crimes and is guilty, so get outta that one superheroine!

Most of what is done to her probably wouldn't really apply to your scenario, as imagineer mentioned above, white shadow's obviously very happy with her body and showing it off, no matter how inappropriate (Aren't there any kids in her city? Goddamn woman! Think of the kids!...ok, let's just be glad she didn't :-) )

But maybe they could try calling her a whore and a slut, stripping her etc, see it's not bothering her and physically brand those words onto her skin.

This would mean she is then forced to look at those words whenever she looks in the mirror and either cover up with a different costume or be forced to walk the streets literally branded as a whore.

Maybe as a twist it could end with her being found to actually be innocent after being branded, maybe this could then lead to her going mad, turning to the dark side and trying to destroy the city she once protected...but maybe that's another story :-).

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with, I have always loved the idea of the heroine being humiliated in front of a crowd, either a physical crowd or over the internet / tv etc (which is probable why virtually every custom i've ever had done involved a camera somewhere), so your custom sounds like it will tick all the right boxes for me.
Kookie
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Manic Street Creature wrote:
6 years ago
Most of what is done to her probably wouldn't really apply to your scenario, as imagineer mentioned above, white shadow's obviously very happy with her body and showing it off, no matter how inappropriate (Aren't there any kids in her city? Goddamn woman! Think of the kids!...ok, let's just be glad she didn't :-) )
Imagineer wrote:
6 years ago
Clearly she's not embarrassed by nudity, so bodyshaming isn't going to work on her, or she'd have covered up long ago. The crowd could yell "slut" or "whore" or expose her naughty bits all they want and it'd just bore her.

So what *is* she afraid of? Figure that out and you have something to attack her psyche.
Hmm ok, let’s change the mindset a little bit to make it more interesting.

I did say that WS is proud of her body but only when she’s a strong superheroine that can beat anyone she wants and shame the villains. Say she's got a little bit of a "dom/goddess" character in her. They know they all want her body, but they can't get it.

But behind her mask, she’s still a normal human being that’d be embarassed if she’d be stripped naked in front of people. She’d be vulnerable to the slut-shaming. When she’s without her power, she’s not as comfortable showing off her body.

Her confidence comes when she's powerful and righteous, she feels ok showing of her body because she's fighting for justice. But what if she's being framed to committing a crime? Wouldn't she feel ashamed being half naked and doing the wrong thing?

I believe this can be an interesting concept. It just needs a bit of polishing..
Imagineer wrote:
6 years ago
BTW, public might be hard to pull off. Maybe it's in a secret chamber. Maybe it's like an execution, where there are a limited number of direct witnesses. Maybe they're picked by a lottery.
I was actually thinking of a closed area as well. With probably like 10 people (the jury?)
Kookie
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Here's a tease

ywf
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Kookie wrote:
6 years ago
Here's a tease

I have a bad day, I hereby pledge my allegiance to White Shadow for a week.