Would Alison Brie Make A Good TV Wonder Woman?

General discussions about superheroines!
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

I know she can be goofy at times but she can also be quite serious. She's got a flair for physical acting and with a little direction, what do you think?

avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Not bad, but Alexandra Daddario is my first choice
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Alison Brie would make a better Wonder Girl just because of her height. Otherwise after GLOW on Netflix she's got the physical ability.
avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

alexandra-daddario-womens-health-1.jpg
alexandra-daddario-womens-health-1.jpg (42.01 KiB) Viewed 2526 times
ywf
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Unpopular opinion alert

How about Alison Brie as Kate Spencer?

and Gina Carano as WW?

wondergirlsupragirl
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Alison Brie would be a fantastic Wonder Woman or Wonder Girl, she has the perfect body and acting skills to be a superheroine TV show star!

http://media1.santabanta.com/full1/Glob ... rie-1a.jpg

:ww1: :love:
shevek
Producer
Producer

I vote for Alison Brie as any kind of lithe sexy superheroine, after seeing this. When she takes off her coat and wears the spandex as
Russian heel Zoya the Destroyer..watch out!
[Spoiler alert: this is the penultimate climactic scene in the final episode of GLOW Season 1]

But you're right, MH, I think Brie has too much comedic timing to bury herself in a totally serious role like playing Manhunter (sorry ywf).
She would do well in a "Powerless" type superhero comedy where she plays the heroine, though.

What if there was a courtroom dramedy, maybe a little bit like Boston Public, where Alison played Jen Walters (and a different actress played the She-Hulk after transformation). It could have a bit of that whimsical, sexy, fun-loving aspect that the She-Hulk comic book runs had under Dan Slott (before Slott became the fat SJW fuck that he is now). She could defend various misunderstood supervillains, battle Titania, have sex with Stargod, all that good stuff. Maybe even have a flashback origin episode with appearances by Zapper and Trask and cousin Bruce.....

What other superheroine characters could be the star of a drama-comedy, other than She-Hulk..any suggestions?
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Jillian Michaels would be a perfect TV Wonder Woman....she is amazing. I was able to meet her on the fitness circuit and an amazing lady for sure! A Goddess on Earth...
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Alison's great, but I doubt she would be cast for one particular reason. She would be deemed "too old", even though she's only in her mid thirties. Not too old right now, but too old for the sort of long-running series that WB would want to make.

Let's say a WW is show is announced tomorrow with Alison as the lead. Production begins in the new year, by which time Alison is 35. Now, the production company will want her locked into a seven-year contract. (So she can't suddenly up her price to $25 squillion if the show is a big hit.) A successful seven-year run would end with her aged 42. Or a Smallville-length ten-year run would take her up to 45.

I'm sure Alison will still look fantastic in her forties. However, she will be visibly older than she is now. Which is another reason why WB may be reluctant to cast her in a long-term "ageless" role. I expect Gal Gadot will be ruthlessly shitcanned at the first sign of "crow's feet" too.

Don't get me wrong, I totally agree that Alison would be fantastic. It's just I don't see ageist Hollywood casting her in that sort of role for the long-term. Maybe it could happen in TV movies, mini-series or some other "event" show, though.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
Blx
Elder Member
Elder Member

Great girl, but a bit too girl next door for a WW imo.
flagonforge
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

ywf wrote:
6 years ago
Unpopular opinion alert

and Gina Carano as WW?

I concur on this
wondergirlsupragirl
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

One of Hollywood's finest ladies has to be good enough to play the role, another fabulous candidate could be the gorgeous actress, singer and songwriter Elizabeth Gillies being the perfect age of 24. Standing ‎5'7'' / 170 cm tall, a bit under Lynda Carter's height of 178 cms but definitely tall enough to be an awesome Wonder Woman or Wonder Girl starring on a superheroine TV show, with the body measurements‎: ‎36-27-34.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/or ... be08bd.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/or ... 971c5a.jpg

In this gif it would be fantastic if Elizabeth was wearing Lynda Carter's sexy " CBS - Wonder Woman costume " and deflecting bullets with her bracelets!

http://68.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2k5qasAOB1rnhbvm.gif

:yahoo: :love: :lynda1: :ww1: