Please guys....help me, to help you

General discussions about superheroines!
rklein
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

I had an unusual request lately.....someone wanted me to take a finished video and have the heroine turn to stone.

For shots where the camera is either completely locked down or just barely moving, I can manage the effect. However in many of the shots I have to work with, the camera is moving all around, POV changes, and other characters walk in front of and behind the petrified heroine.

I'm doing the best I can on the shots, but in the end that's all the shots will be....the best I can do, but not really great.

My point is this--if you would like to hire me (which I realize, most of you won't) to do visual effects for your production (which I realize, most of you don't), please contact me beforehand and let me know what you would like the visuals to look like, and I'll let you know if there are any special considerations or limitations you need to take into account on shooting day.

I ask a minimal fee for doing visual effects work, but my advice is free and I'll let you know if I can think of anything that needs to be done to pull you finished shot off.

-rklein

http://www.flyingsuperheroes.com

https://vimeo.com/165803235
www.flyingsuperheroes.com - please contact me for your editing, and visual and audio effects needs.

"Now, don't try to get away! I am more muscular, more cunning, faster, and larger than you are....and, I'm a genius!"
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Maybe you could put together a short video showing a finished FX shot and then breaking down the raw elements which were required to create it?
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
rklein
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

KnightsofGothem showed me a green screen tutorial video he did, which resulted in a lot of requests for help.

I might consider doing something similar......if I had green screen footage of a beautiful girl to show off. Which I don't, and have no way of really getting.

He also mentioned a Facebook group he belonged to, that would be into such effects. I don't spend much time on FB, but need to find some group (beyond visitors to this site) that I can advertise my skills to.
www.flyingsuperheroes.com - please contact me for your editing, and visual and audio effects needs.

"Now, don't try to get away! I am more muscular, more cunning, faster, and larger than you are....and, I'm a genius!"
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

The force is strong with you :)
athenaartemis
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

rklein wrote:I had an unusual request lately.....someone wanted me to take a finished video and have the heroine turn to stone.

For shots where the camera is either completely locked down or just barely moving, I can manage the effect. However in many of the shots I have to work with, the camera is moving all around, POV changes, and other characters walk in front of and behind the petrified heroine.

I'm doing the best I can on the shots, but in the end that's all the shots will be....the best I can do, but not really great.

My point is this--if you would like to hire me (which I realize, most of you won't) to do visual effects for your production (which I realize, most of you don't), please contact me beforehand and let me know what you would like the visuals to look like, and I'll let you know if there are any special considerations or limitations you need to take into account on shooting day.

I ask a minimal fee for doing visual effects work, but my advice is free and I'll let you know if I can think of anything that needs to be done to pull you finished shot off.

-rklein

http://www.flyingsuperheroes.com

https://vimeo.com/165803235
Did you do all the visual effects in the vimeo video yourself?
rklein
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Athenaartemis: Yes, I did.

I would not advertise any effect I could not create.