Sad news: Thesuperheroines.com is closing .

General discussions about superheroines!
Z1985
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

I feel sad for this, HL, HK and Mystic Dragon Pictures were great, awesome, sexy and epic. I will miss it. I fell in love with Azarra (the muscular and gorgeous Kim LeBlanc), Shadowgirl, Trinity (Kim Leblanc), Sapphire (Sophie Leonard), Tempest (Lindsay Lamb), Onyx, Lady Wonder (Tatiana Dekhtyar), and many others. The visual effects, costumes and coreography were awesome!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGfgPyTPAYI
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I would wish these guys well if I believed for a second that they were closing down anytime soon. Sadly, their track record suggests there will be months of "last chance" offers, followed by another spin-off/continuation run by "new management".
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
Kitten
Elder Member
Elder Member

They may be suffering from cry wolf syndrome.

I doubt they'll have anything close to the turn out from their first announcement.
jimbobklyn5
Producer
Producer

Sure they are.....We all have heard the line before
:supes: Watch all of W.O.N/MMP's Superheroine World Underwater Peril Fan Film Series, only on W.O.N Cinema YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/woncinema
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

The mattress company that's always going out of business.
tamonicus
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Quoting somebody probably famous, "How can we miss you if you won't go away?"
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Mark Hamill as James Jesse, the Trickster, had that line about Prank, his girlfriend, on the Flash (1980s version).
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

And the good news is..........they are closing down :)
thrifty
Henchman
Henchman

The bad news is ........ they do this every year, sometimes twice
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Perhaps this thread could be a Book of ConLogance to mark the absolute, final closure of thesuperheroines.com for the very last time. Ever.

I hear Sir Elton John is already marking the occasion by reworking his classic hit as "Spandex in the Bin".
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
Z1985
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

Richpartist wrote:And the good news is..........they are closing down :)
Why?
shvillian12
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

I wont be fooled, the site will never close..
RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

Mr. X wrote:The mattress company that's always going out of business.
Beat me to it, we have one of those rug stores down the street that has a "Liquidation/Going out of Business" sale about twice a year, lol
lionbadger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Will it be this friday or next friday that he deletes the post and replaces with "thanks"?
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I've got to act quickly as this morning I had an email that told me its my 'last chance' to buy photosets! But then again it could just be an 'alternative fact'.

I wanna say I actually LIKE their product- beautiful girls, good lighting, decent sets well shot, great costumes fantastic peril - its ticking all my boxes which is why I have bought many of them -Cherie Deville as B.G and Dillion as Robin were awesome- but I absolutely detest their marketing strategy. Shall we have a sweepstake on how many last chance offers we get?
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
thrifty
Henchman
Henchman

I regret spending money on them

Beautiful girls - sometimes
Boring sets, slow as f*** choreography, extremely little peril elements made me never to rewatch any of them
Bert

Logan's site closing? Um...cough...heh...heh, heh...Bahahahahahahaha!!

80% off if you spend over $10,000? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

In the 1860's a competitor who got outfoxed by P.T. Barnum quipped that "There's a sucker born every minute." The U.S. population is about ten times what it was then. Logan is definitely counting on those ten people per minute to fall for this entirely original, never before seen, genius marketing move. Kudos, Logan. And now, with a like minded individual in the White House, you can tweet about the $200 million budget for Nightshadow and quiet the naysayers by claiming "alternative facts"!

Here's the thing about peddling lies though; no matter how long you think you can string people along, eventually you have to deliver something real. On that day, the reaction will be swift and it will be savage. Logan (and Trump) will be revealed.
Blx
Elder Member
Elder Member

No one cares
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Ugh stop giving this thread attention. Let it die.
Bert

So it's fine for you to comment on it, but not others? Got it.
Zee
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

I will start by saying that I respect Bert's opinion. I will leave the debate about Logan's character and business tactics to others.
I was a very large purchaser of CTLE films and I had 6 customs made as well. The best attributes to his films were the awesome combat scenes, innovative quality costumes, great looking hot actresses with acting and combat skills to match and really good male actors, specifically Matt and Mario. The films featured 'girl power' and or peril. There was something for everyone. The cinematography was first rate. I would say that a number of the storylines and dialogue left something to be desired, especially in the last year and half of productions. At times, the campy nature of the humour did not work. Nevertheless, I was a more than satisfied customer of the CTLE productions. While I will miss the The Superheroines, there are a number of great alternative producers making very high quality videos.
Shakeshift
Producer
Producer

SURE it's going away. I'll believe it when I see it.

The truly mediocre NEVER leave before they've overstayed their welcome. Ever.
Z1985
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

Zee wrote:I will start by saying that I respect Bert's opinion. I will leave the debate about Logan's character and business tactics to others.
I was a very large purchaser of CTLE films and I had 6 customs made as well. The best attributes to his films were the awesome combat scenes, innovative quality costumes, great looking hot actresses with acting and combat skills to match and really good male actors, specifically Matt and Mario. The films featured 'girl power' and or peril. There was something for everyone. The cinematography was first rate. I would say that a number of the storylines and dialogue left something to be desired, especially in the last year and half of productions. At times, the campy nature of the humour did not work. Nevertheless, I was a more than satisfied customer of the CTLE productions. While I will miss the The Superheroines, there are a number of great alternative producers making very high quality videos.
I agree with you.

Also, I will like to know what are the producers who make very high quality videos. I only know Hidden Vault Entertainment and The Battle for Earth (both are good too, Tiffany Chase worked with Hidden Vault)
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Z1985 wrote:
I agree with you.

Also, I will like to know what are the producers who make very high quality videos. I only know Hidden Vault Entertainment and The Battle for Earth (both are good too, Tiffany Chase worked with Hidden Vault)
Bluestone?
shevek
Producer
Producer

In addition to the 3 mentioned above, depending on what you mean by quality: Alex David, Secret Identity, The Rye, Ultraheroix, Heroine Movies, Next Global Crisis/Action Cosplay (quietly making a bunch of cool new vids that nobody is mentioning?), Anastasia Pierce, Christina Carter, Ludella Hahn, Jim Weathers, Jacqueline Velvets, Lesley Fox, Alex Bettinger, Superheroine Dream, League of Amazing Women, Weaponz Tokyo, Kickass Kandy, Fight Girlz 2000, Sleeperkid, Primal, XXXtremeComiXXX, etc (hell, I'm even a fan of Battlebeauties, that shit is hilarious!) and it looks like there are more coming. Though super high quality is nice, I'm not necessarily looking for it as much as I look for people doing what they love since it's all DIY anyway.

I would say that the only company that isn't really DIY per se would be Giga, since they churn out professional videos at such an industrial rate yet keep the quality relatively high. They're just so dependable, though, what else can you say.

I can say one thing about this situation: Ashley/Dragon Lady really *does* wholeheartedly believe they are shortly going into Nightshadow pre-production.
Last edited by shevek 7 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

shevek wrote:I can say one thing about this situation: Ashley/Dragon Lady really *does* wholeheartedly believe they are shortly going into Nightshadow pre-production.
I'm sure she does. The production of something called Nightshadow isn't really in doubt. The implausible part is that first-time filmmakers would raise a budget of $80,000,000 for a project which isn't even guaranteed to get a theatrical release.

Just look at the huge number of people on the credits of a Marvel or DC movie. Just look at the amount of stunt work involved. (Far more complicated than making sure a couple of kickboxers don't hurt each other.) Just look at the mammoth task of CGI rendering the huge amount of greenscreen footage. Just look at the vast amount of studio space required for wire work.

We're supposed to believe that a guy who made a bunch of combat videos with fetishy elements is now going to assemble many hundreds of top class talents between now and October? And his theatrical debut is going to be slugging it out with Deadpool 2, The Flash, Avengers: Infinity War and several other superhero blockbusters at the box office? Logan is just going to make a studio-standard movie on his first attempt? Plus it will make the $200,000,000+ required to recoup the budget and marketing costs while still giving a profit to the theater chains which will all have inexplicably taken a gamble on this indie movie?

It's such utter bullshit.

There probably will be a Nightshadow movie. With no-name or has-been actors, basic special effects and a load of kickboxing. So much fucking kickboxing. Look out for its unheralded appearance way down the list on Netflix or another streaming service.
Zee
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Re quality producers. I would add Damien Wagner to the list, he is relatively new to the genre.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I must now eat my words, baked in a humble pie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plKQxh8buRo
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Oh it was a very informative message.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

It was just the below image and the title "We have found our Nightshadow!" used to cover a RickRoll. Unless Logan has somehow bought the rights to Never Gonna Give You Up with his squillion dollar budget, the bogus copyright claim must concern my fair use of the Nightshadow logo for the purpose of parody.

Funny how someone who regularly parodies Marvel and DC characters should get so pissy about me using his precious logo for a joke. Particularly when his own videos used Lucasfilm's lightsaber sound effect (not parody, just shameless theft) on literally hundreds of occasions.

On the plus side, at least the YouTube account which uploaded the scam "Very last chance to buy our videos!" video has now been closed. Funny how Logan and his cronies always delete everything when they flounce off.
Attachments
Parody.jpg
Parody.jpg (324.49 KiB) Viewed 8534 times
Zee
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

It is a good thing that you don't have to eat humble pie. It tastes disgusting, lol. I might to have to eat some myself.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I don't care if the guy wants to leave but this constant post/delete/post/delete is becoming trolling. Starting whole threads then deleting everything. Creating products then constantly going out of business.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Z1985 wrote:I feel sad for this, HL, HK and Mystic Dragon Pictures were great, awesome, sexy and epic. I will miss it. I fell in love with Azarra (the muscular and gorgeous Kim LeBlanc), Shadowgirl, Trinity (Kim Leblanc), Sapphire (Sophie Leonard), Tempest (Lindsay Lamb), Onyx, Lady Wonder (Tatiana Dekhtyar), and many others. The visual effects, costumes and coreography were awesome!
The farewell video with Logan and Ash is still up. It's now on a channel with no other videos. I think their original channel with all of the trailers
is gone though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d0981reSCs

Also, this random Latino guy made a video requiem of sorts for Logan's site. It is (probably unintentionally) hilarious. He is also a terrible in the English.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwoNpELPYOg
Z1985
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

Mr. X wrote:
Z1985 wrote:
I agree with you.

Bluestone?
Thanks, sounds interesting.
Z1985
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

shevek wrote:In addition to the 3 mentioned above, depending on what you mean by quality: Alex David, Secret Identity, The Rye, Ultraheroix, Heroine Movies, Next Global Crisis/Action Cosplay (quietly making a bunch of cool new vids that nobody is mentioning?), Anastasia Pierce, Christina Carter, Ludella Hahn, Jim Weathers, Jacqueline Velvets, Lesley Fox, Alex Bettinger, Superheroine Dream, League of Amazing Women, Weaponz Tokyo, Kickass Kandy, Fight Girlz 2000, Sleeperkid, Primal, XXXtremeComiXXX, etc (hell, I'm even a fan of Battlebeauties, that shit is hilarious!) and it looks like there are more coming. Though super high quality is nice, I'm not necessarily looking for it as much as I look for people doing what they love since it's all DIY anyway.

I would say that the only company that isn't really DIY per se would be Giga, since they churn out professional videos at such an industrial rate yet keep the quality relatively high. They're just so dependable, though, what else can you say.

I can say one thing about this situation: Ashley/Dragon Lady really *does* wholeheartedly believe they are shortly going into Nightshadow pre-production.
Thanks soo much for the info. SleeperKid is not about superheroines, but involves female wrestling and its good too. Same as Kickass Kandy and Heroine Movies.

My preference about the plot is: a superpowered heroine defeated by normal people (there are a lot of this stuff in HeroineLegends and Heroine Kombat).
Z1985
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

shevek wrote:
Z1985 wrote:I feel sad for this, HL, HK and Mystic Dragon Pictures were great, awesome, sexy and epic. I will miss it. I fell in love with Azarra (the muscular and gorgeous Kim LeBlanc), Shadowgirl, Trinity (Kim Leblanc), Sapphire (Sophie Leonard), Tempest (Lindsay Lamb), Onyx, Lady Wonder (Tatiana Dekhtyar), and many others. The visual effects, costumes and coreography were awesome!
The farewell video with Logan and Ash is still up. It's now on a channel with no other videos. I think their original channel with all of the trailers
is gone though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d0981reSCs

Also, this random Latino guy made a video requiem of sorts for Logan's site. It is (probably unintentionally) hilarious. He is also a terrible in the English.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwoNpELPYOg
Wow! I never knew I will find another latin fan of Thesuperheroines! (Im from Argentina).
DrMabuse
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

In other thesuperheroines.com news, I saw Heather Sims recently on an episode of American Housewife, an ABC sitcom starring the female lead from Eastbound and Down that my wife really likes (and isn't half bad.) At first I didn't know where I knew her from, but after she spoke I figured it out. I almost never see actresses from superheroine vids in mainstream content, so it's neat when it does happen.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Z1985 wrote:
shevek wrote:In addition to the 3 mentioned above, depending on what you mean by quality: Alex David, Secret Identity, The Rye, Ultraheroix, Heroine Movies, Next Global Crisis/Action Cosplay (quietly making a bunch of cool new vids that nobody is mentioning?), Anastasia Pierce, Christina Carter, Ludella Hahn, Jim Weathers, Jacqueline Velvets, Lesley Fox, Alex Bettinger, Superheroine Dream, League of Amazing Women, Weaponz Tokyo, Kickass Kandy, Fight Girlz 2000, Sleeperkid, Primal, XXXtremeComiXXX, etc (hell, I'm even a fan of Battlebeauties, that shit is hilarious!) and it looks like there are more coming. Though super high quality is nice, I'm not necessarily looking for it as much as I look for people doing what they love since it's all DIY anyway.

Thanks soo much for the info. SleeperKid is not about superheroines, but involves female wrestling and its good too. Same as Kickass Kandy and Heroine Movies.

My preference about the plot is: a superpowered heroine defeated by normal people (there are a lot of this stuff in HeroineLegends and Heroine Kombat).
Just so you know, Sleeperkid, Kickass and Heroine Movies definitely *all* have superheroine content.
Z1985
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

DrMabuse wrote:In other thesuperheroines.com news, I saw Heather Sims recently on an episode of American Housewife, an ABC sitcom starring the female lead from Eastbound and Down that my wife really likes (and isn't half bad.) At first I didn't know where I knew her from, but after she spoke I figured it out. I almost never see actresses from superheroine vids in mainstream content, so it's neat when it does happen.
Well, Samantha Bogach (Orchid and The Soviet in HL ) made a little appearence in All the Way, an HBO movie with Bryan Cranston.
DrMabuse
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Z1985 wrote:
DrMabuse wrote:In other thesuperheroines.com news, I saw Heather Sims recently on an episode of American Housewife, an ABC sitcom starring the female lead from Eastbound and Down that my wife really likes (and isn't half bad.) At first I didn't know where I knew her from, but after she spoke I figured it out. I almost never see actresses from superheroine vids in mainstream content, so it's neat when it does happen.
Well, Samantha Bogach (Orchid and The Soviet in HL ) made a little appearence in All the Way, an HBO movie with Bryan Cranston.
Didn't see that one. Thanks for the info.
Valik10
Producer
Producer

Can we move on from this topic?
Zee
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Why move on? Why not let everyone have a say? This could the end of the line.You are not forced to read the posts in this read.
shevek
Producer
Producer

DrMabuse wrote:
Z1985 wrote:
And here's a couple more:

Joy Haven (who famously played Turquoise alongside Kristina Hess in the episode where Victor was "Doctor Crazy") played a flight attendant in two consecutive 2016 episodes of General Hospital (1.13576 and 1.13577).

Remember the LA dark-alternative band Auradrone, whose video "Shadow" I mentioned in that thread about heroines in music videos because it featured a stunning transformation by their gorgeous frontwoman (Ms Jon Mack) into an animal-alien? Five months ago, Auradrone put out a new video called "Weapon of Choice" (about animal poaching) which shows three animal-women bound up and tortured in a bleak room. The makeup jobs on the actresses is pretty amazing (anyone would kill to look that good in a SHIP video!). Guess who plays the Leopard woman? Amanda Santella.

Just search for Auradrone Weapon of Choice on Youtube and you'll find it! Unfortunately the song itself is kind of meh.
Blx
Elder Member
Elder Member

shevek wrote:
DrMabuse wrote:
Z1985 wrote:

Joy Haven (who famously played Turquoise alongside Kristina Hess in the episode where Victor was "Doctor Crazy") played a flight attendant in two consecutive 2016 episodes of General Hospital (1.13576 and 1.13577).

Remember the LA dark-alternative band Auradrone, whose video "Shadow" I mentioned in that thread about heroines in music videos because it featured a stunning transformation by their gorgeous frontwoman (Ms Jon Mack) into an animal-alien? Five months ago, Auradrone put out a new video called "Weapon of Choice" (about animal poaching) which shows three animal-women bound up and tortured in a bleak room. The makeup jobs on the actresses is pretty amazing (anyone would kill to look that good in a SHIP video!). Guess who plays the Leopard woman? Amanda Santella.

Just search for Auradrone Weapon of Choice on Youtube and you'll find it! Unfortunately the song itself is kind of meh.
Noice! You happen to know which one? :happy:
shevek
Producer
Producer

Blx wrote:
shevek wrote:
DrMabuse wrote:
Z1985 wrote:

Noice! You happen to know which one? :happy:
By "which one" I assume you mean the Joy Haven appearances. The GH episodes are the numbers listed above, you can find them on IMDB. I don't think they list airing dates, and I don't think the eps have individual titles. So that's all the info I could provide.
Z1985
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

shevek wrote:
DrMabuse wrote:
Z1985 wrote:

The queen of heroines Amanda Santella in a music video? Wow, I ll look forward to it! Love to see my favorite heroines in mainstream stuffs!