Splitting the cost with a co-author?

General discussions about superheroines!
Conveyor66
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

So recently I had a custom done and it turned out great. However in order to get quality I had to pay for quality. It wasnt cheap naturaly.

So in order to make my next custom more economical. I was wondering if there is any president for two or more people working on a script together and splitting the cost.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Yeah happens a lot. You could also just set up some fund account and propose the idea and get people to pitch in.
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Out of curiosity, do you have a link to your custom? Can you tell us more about it? Who did it? What did you pay (if that's not too personal a question).

I actually kind've like the idea of splitting a custom. The idea appeals to mainly because I often write customs for myself with scenes that I don't really care about that much, but are necessary for the plot.

My custom's are all about bondage, forced O's, torture, stuff like that. But I often find myself adding in fight scenes or set-up scenes that don't really matter all that much to me and I just let the producer wing it. But if there were someone out there I could collaborate with who loved fight scenes and didn't really care that much about the bondage scenes, that might be worth exploring.
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Conveyor66 wrote:So recently I had a custom done and it turned out great. However in order to get quality I had to pay for quality. It wasnt cheap naturaly.

So in order to make my next custom more economical. I was wondering if there is any president for two or more people working on a script together and splitting the cost.

I've done this a few times and have had it work, and have had it fail. I think that in order to make it work you should consolidate the story and monies with your group before you get the producer involved. also get one talking head for the project or else you're going to have all of the party members contacting the producer with gems like:
"hey....so I'm one of the clients who ordered the group custom.....i just wanted to talk to you about how i want my aspects of the custom to work, don't really care if you have to cut back on other peoples aspects....just a thought...can we change....."

this is a giant headache. make sure that the group understands that there is only one person who will be talking with the producer. its then the groups job to make all aspects clear to the guy who will be doing the talking
Conveyor66
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

TIEnTEEZ wrote:Out of curiosity, do you have a link to your custom? Can you tell us more about it? Who did it? What did you pay (if that's not too personal a question).

I actually kind've like the idea of splitting a custom. The idea appeals to mainly because I often write customs for myself with scenes that I don't really care about that much, but are necessary for the plot.

My custom's are all about bondage, forced O's, torture, stuff like that. But I often find myself adding in fight scenes or set-up scenes that don't really matter all that much to me and I just let the producer wing it. But if there were someone out there I could collaborate with who loved fight scenes and didn't really care that much about the bondage scenes, that might be worth exploring.

It was a simple damsel in distress custom nothing to extravagant. I working my way up to some bigger.

The producer that did it was "Borderland Bound". The story was loosely inspired by an old episode of scooby doo. Basically our intrepid damsel runs afoul of an evil jester ghost and soon becomes beside herself. Theres no gore or anything and the mood is kept relatively light. It was about $325.

Here is a link: http://widget.clips4sale.com/mobile/clip/64171/16393482

Also if your wanting simple bondage stuff these guys deliver.
gazdadude
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

id be interested in this