Which is better......

General discussions about superheroines!

Which is better? Month to month or at project completion? (read description down below)

Month to month
55%
when the project is complete
45%

Total votes: 11
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Month to month?
Or pledging towards a project?

So....
In regards to our supergeroine Patreon
Would you be more willing to contribute if the goal was set towards a project, or continue doing month to month?

Currently if you pledge $1 or more you get a movie every month. but since there is little support for that currently and no-one is bothering to contribute input would you guys prefer if I was to put a project up and then post descriptions and stills and let you determine if you want to contribute and then once the goal has been set its released to everyone?
lionbadger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

swampy170
Elder Member
Elder Member

Month by month makes more sense - akin to a netflix for your films.

Obviously has limits in terms of longevity however - need a critical mass of variable content.
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

swampy170 wrote:Month by month makes more sense - akin to a netflix for your films.

Obviously has limits in terms of longevity however - need a critical mass of variable content.
I agree. however its been really hard getting feedback from both people who have pledged and from people who haven't pledged.
I honestly thought that the idea of a low budget group project would be highly accepted but that isn't the case at all so i thought if I could get feedback from people who aren't interested as to what may make them interested its fallen on deaf ears.

those who are funding already will ask for easy simple content (more chloroform, more OTS carries, etc) but getting an idea as to what i can do to make it more comfortable has gone all but ignored.

At first i thought it was because people were tired of producers promising the moon and then ripping them off on crowd funding campaigns, but after several months of delivering I'm still not seeing traction and its becoming harder to understand what to offer to make it viable.
its a bot frustrating to be honest so i thought if maybe people knew what was being filmed it would be easier to secure the funding.
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

I think part of the problem might be a case of site visitor burnout. I know that SH peril producers are having a hard time recently with their business models, what with many of them either shutting down that segment of their output or closing their doors altogether. (Or threatening to do so. One of them promising he's doing so for over a year now it seems like.)

I am not a big purchaser of videos here...two or three a year tops, so I realize my input night not mean much to producers who look to pull a couple of hundred bucks a year from one of their regular customers, but right now it seems everyone is threatening to abandon the genre if they don't get crowd funding. And as much as I like Bluestone's work it gets both wearing and shrill to see his four posts per day on a constant basis. KoG is less pervasive and much less alarmist but all in all it feels like many producers are yelling that the sky is falling. Is it? Will we soon have no more decent quality SH videos to select from on the normal non-crowd-funding basis?

It's been disheartening and tiring to here this litany over the past four months. I don't have any answers. Just questions and concerns that the days of SH peril videos are numbered.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

DrDominator9 wrote:I think part of the problem might be a case of site visitor burnout. I know that SH peril producers are having a hard time recently with their business models, what with many of them either shutting down that segment of their output or closing their doors altogether. (Or threatening to do so. One of them promising he's doing so for over a year now it seems like.)

I am not a big purchaser of videos here...two or three a year tops, so I realize my input night not mean much to producers who look to pull a couple of hundred bucks a year from one of their regular customers, but right now it seems everyone is threatening to abandon the genre if they don't get crowd funding. And as much as I like Bluestone's work it gets both wearing and shrill to see his four posts per day on a constant basis. KoG is less pervasive and much less alarmist but all in all it feels like many producers are yelling that the sky is falling. Is it? Will we soon have no more decent quality SH videos to select from on the normal non-crowd-funding basis?

It's been disheartening and tiring to here this litany over the past four months. I don't have any answers. Just questions and concerns that the days of SH peril videos are numbered.
Hey man, listen.
I honestly appreciate you replying because wether you believe it or not even someone who buys 1-4 movies a year has a voice and a voice that I need to hear.
the amount of videos you buy isn't the issue its how i can make a better video and what would make you feel my video would be worth buying over others.
And I am not really going anywhere.
Right now the majority of my sales on clips4sale are coming from this forum. the analytics prove it so people are buying my movies for $1 a minute, but what i was hoping for was to establish a series where many people payed $1 a month to get a full movie.

If this fails and i pull up stakes I won't be quitting.... I will just only be charging $1 a minute as opposed to $1 a month!

Can you understand how confused I am about this when i look at the numbers?
people are actively paying $1 a minute and not $1 a month.
its strange so i just want to know why its happening and what i can do to make it better and more enticing.

Listen...one of the things I am hearing a lot is:
"times are tough and i don't have the finances to buy a movie or fund a $25 or $45 crowd funded campaign"
And i hear that which is why I wanted to make another option available.

If 20 people payed $1 to get a movie that would be 20 people that wouldn't have bought a movie on clips4sale anyway. how do i know that? because i have been doing this Patreon stuff for a few months and my C4S numbers have not gone down.... they actually went up by 6%

so those who have pledged at Patreon are also still buying the C4S movies or are only funding because its a low cost option.... so the other option is that maybe my movies are not their cup of tea. they are too low budget, the stories not good, or the locations too repetitive. which is understandable....but they are still ordering them from C4S in growing numbers....so it can't really be that either.
Im at a point where I really want to do this because its mutually beneficial.

If enough people do this and pay a low amount they can all get a quality film at a low price while I still make enough to justify making it.

At the moment they are not generating enough income so the Patreon films are also being sold at C4S... and they are selling there and the sales are....
wait for it...
coming from this forum.
So is it because they don't know what the movie will look like ahead of time? maybe thats it.. but I can't know for sure until I hear from everyone. and thats actually what i want more than the sales.... to hear from everyone.

trust me Im not threatening to leave the superheroine community. I have spent literally tens of thousands of dollars on those costumes and Im not quitting. Im doing well enough that i can continue making them and selling them at $1 a minute and still easily make my money back.

What i really wanted was to cater to those who have not the finances to buy a video every month but want to.
Wouldn't it be better to spend $1-$5 bucks a month and get a $20 minute movie, or spend $20 a month to get a 20 minute movies.

I see that literally hundreds of dollars has been raised by blue to make a $5,000 movie. his movies are worth every penny because he has superior quality and superior effects. I don't begrudge him asking for $5K per films.

Mine don't cost nearly that much but the quality isn't there either.

however were he is offering sirloin steak Im offering a 5guys burger.
Still good, but not a steak either.

there is enough room for us all here. Im honestly just looking for input from the people who are not taking the plunge for $1
whats stopping you and what can i do to make it worth that $1

I hope you can see how frustrating this isfor me... but Im not leaving.... not at all.
if this doesn't work out Ill just stick with the $12 a minute movies that are already paying the rent.
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Hmmmm.... a near tie. this is not helping...lol
WaxNonSydow
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

KnightsofGotham.com wrote:Hmmmm.... a near tie. this is not helping...lol
Try again this time adding three options instead of two.

A)
B)
or
C) None of the above;

if not a race for the White House usually a third party is always the winner with undecided voters and people with no inclination towards liberal neither conservative ideas.
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

WaxNonSydow wrote:
KnightsofGotham.com wrote:Hmmmm.... a near tie. this is not helping...lol
Try again this time adding three options instead of two.

A)
B)
or
C) None of the above;

if not a race for the White House usually a third party is always the winner with undecided voters and people with no inclination towards liberal neither conservative ideas.

Unfortunately that would not help in any way shape or form.
Im looking to gather some insight, none of the above does nothing to answer the question.
if there are legitimate options I would consider it but there are many trolls with no lives that live for making people look like shit, feel like shit and want to only derail honest conversations with their inane observations and ludicrous ramblings.
I don't need those people spamming the "none of the above" option

I'm looking for sincere input not bogus ones
WaxNonSydow
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

Choose the one best suited for steady profits and lowest risk of file sharing leaking. The way I see things happening on the web the custom video production should be managed as a closed private club of people never willing to share what they payed so hard to support.

You certainly could works both production systems easily if somebody else stop leaking the videos on a regular basis.