Superheroinecentral.com- Is it finally dead?

General discussions about superheroines!
ranger87
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Hey, guys. I know there has been concern over the past few years over the decline in quality from superheroinecentral. Well, after late updates, re-airing old vids, and infinite excuses, Dano hasn't updated the site in a month and a half according to the title page. The last update is dated 10-26.

Any thoughts? This used to be a good site. I just wish there were a half-decent way to get my hands on some of the older (and better) material.
pseudonamia
Neophyte
Neophyte

Updates have been a bit sporadic recently but no more so than usual. The 10/26 date on the main page is incorrect. I agree, the earlier material is probably better, but I still feel it's some of the best material out there for the fetish which is why I'm willing to put up with the occasional lateness of updates. I usually join up for a month a few times a year to see what's new.
joser590
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

pseudonamia wrote:Updates have been a bit sporadic recently but no more so than usual. The 10/26 date on the main page is incorrect. I agree, the earlier material is probably better, but I still feel it's some of the best material out there for the fetish which is why I'm willing to put up with the occasional lateness of updates. I usually join up for a month a few times a year to see what's new.

Occasional lateness of updates? That is putting it delicately.

DanO has been late with all of his updates dating back to late 2007. Now I understand being late every once and awhile, we're all human after all, but making a habit out it? Come on!!! The worst thing was about the whole thing was all of his lies.

I remember reading so many promises from him that went unfulfilled and never saw the light of day. I was a member of SHC for quite some time, and I put up with late updates, excuses, and countless of these broken promises.

He could have also suspended payments from his memebers if he knew he was going to be late, but did he do that? Fuck no!!! He just kept on taking people's money with no consideration or regard for other people.

Stay away from his site. It's not like its any good anyway compared to what we have today.
ranger87
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

pseudonamia wrote:Updates have been a bit sporadic recently but no more so than usual. The 10/26 date on the main page is incorrect. I agree, the earlier material is probably better, but I still feel it's some of the best material out there for the fetish which is why I'm willing to put up with the occasional lateness of updates. I usually join up for a month a few times a year to see what's new.
So buy this, I'm guessing you mean he's had maybe 2 updates since that october date? After all, he averages an update maybe every two weeks, if we're lucky.
Blx
Elder Member
Elder Member

It's really, really bad. Also considering that the other 'Central' sites are always perfectly on time with their updates. With the price of the subscription he should just get an employee to help him out because this is ridiculous.
pseudonamia
Neophyte
Neophyte

Nobody's forcing you to maintain the subscription indefinitely. Just pay for a month, let it lapse, and then ten weeks (or more) later, join up again. 20 bucks for ten updates-worth of content is a pretty good deal whether or not you get the four weekly updates during the month you're subscribed. I really don't see the problem other than it being a slight hassle to cancel the subscription.
ranger87
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

pseudonamia wrote:Nobody's forcing you to maintain the subscription indefinitely. Just pay for a month, let it lapse, and then ten weeks (or more) later, join up again. 20 bucks for ten updates-worth of content is a pretty good deal whether or not you get the four weekly updates during the month you're subscribed. I really don't see the problem other than it being a slight hassle to cancel the subscription.
The point is that if the site was half decent, people wouldn't try to cheat it. They would keep their subscriptions for the sole point of helping fund better material. But as it is now, I agree. I would never keep my subscription for more than a month or two, max.
ranger87
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Wow, they finally updated the free area...and dated it as the middle of November. Dano is such a jackass. Although I'll admit, Nika Noir looks good as a superheroine.
Chloromaiden
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Hi, I was a member and got upset for the late updates, so I asked for a refund. Guess what? He gave it to me.
ranger87
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

The fact that he does refunds doesn't make the severe lack of updates magically better.
RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

It kind of sucks because the videos are normally pretty good and have great costumes, models, etc. Personally I am glad some of the older stuff is being re-aired, I missed a lot of the Ultrawoman vids and pic sets and she was one of my favorite chracters there. Best thing I can say is to join every 2 months if you see something that interests you, that way you can get the last 7-8 weeks of content plus 4 more.

I normally jump on there whenever I see something that might be good, when I saw he had re-done the Thrustgirl and Pink Fusion series I had to get in and get it. I can see how people would get upset though, it is a bit annoying that updates aren't done as frequently as they should be.
tamonicus
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Another part of central that hasn't been updated for eons is the merchandise. I used to subscribe, then felt like I'd get more out of occasionally buying the CDs. Since then there have been no new CDs available. It's very disappointing to see all that promise and content get squandered.
joser590
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

The videos are all crap anyway what with all the stupid ass slowmotion, annoying voice overs, horrible fight choregraphy, and crap camera work. Superheroinecentral may have been good back in the early part of this decade but compared to all the competition nowadays, the videos are worthless.

I agree the models and costumes are sexy. What I love about their outfits are that they are high cut and above the hips. Today we have unsexy looking low cut leotards that remind me of ballerina leos and do not match the look of super heroines from the comics.
nikolai68
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Holy crap, I completely forgot that site existed... loved it during it's first year or so... then interest waned until poof... I don't think I've even checked it since Hypnotic showed up!

(how about Sooperhero? Is it still hyper-focused on full zentai masks and wedgies?)
RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

Sooperhero really became a waste, especially since whatever models they are using now, most of them will not show their faces in a video. Used to be a great site, still somewhat worth joining to grab all the archived material if you can, they have all of their old stuff still up, something I wish Superheroinecentral.com would do....
ranger87
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

BTW, Dano at SHC has gone on one of his "forgetting to update the main page" stints again. To anybody who may have a subscription, has he updated the members area at all since January 18th? I want to join to get the current vid, but I want to wait until it nears the end and the peril is decent.
RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

The new update was posted yesterday, but not the entire thing if I remember correctly...
johnnyhend
Neophyte
Neophyte

I like it I here that. The title of thread scared me for a minute. Superheroinecentral is the best site out there. My favorite is the Ultra Woman and Golden Anvenger.
ranger87
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Yeah. That's my bad, Johnnyhend. I made this thread after SHC didn't update for 2 months a while back. Since they were steadily declining before that, I thought they may have shut down.

Redmountain, what's the Noble Avenger serial looking like? I want to join and get it, but not until it gets decent, that way I can hopefully download all of it without having to pay for 3 months worth of subscription...especially since whenever i join, he only updates once or twice a month.
RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

It's alright, the girl is incredible, but it's the same old, heroine walks into a trap, magic rock that drains her powers comes up, heroine is felt up, etc. and so on. The only reason I am still there right now is to get the rest of the Ultragirl story that is going on right now.
ranger87
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Thanks, dude. I'm trying to resist joining until the serial gets towards the end. Could you do me a HUGE favor, RedMountain, and alert me via PM or this thread as to if and when that serial gets to costume ripping/ forced sex? That's about the time I want to join.
RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

Well no update for almost 2 weeks now...I'm about to CXL my membership again, the last update was pretty vanilla and is mostly recycled content.
RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

Just another update on this, last update was done 3/3/11, most recent was supposed to be posted on the 10th, but got some excuse about the videos needing something else and double update would be posted a couple days later instead to make up for the missed update. Now the 21st and still no update from the 10th.

Just a warning for anyone still considering joining up at this site. Only one update done for the month of March so far.... [-X
GMan2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Let's face it....DanO never has given a shit about his customers. As long as people keep "thinking", he's got the best stuff out there, he'll never change. Fact is, he doesn't any more....sure, a few years ago he may have. But anymore, there are WAY better producers around. If it wasn't for his commissioned artists still sticking up for him, he would have gone bye bye a year or two ago. But IMO, DanO is gonna keep doing the late updates for as long as customers keep sending him money and saying, "Hey DanO, we forgive you......Here, have another $30 of my money".

I'd rather just see him go to a clip store and add material as he completes it FULLY. Why continue paying him a monthly fee (which I no longer do).....for maybe one, and if you're lucky, two updates a month?
decendingskulls
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

The SHC subscription site is a fun idea in theory and when it works it works very well. I've been going there since the UltraGirl Trap was originally released which was quite a long time ago. Unfortunately he has been stringing people along with his late and non-existent updates for YEARS. This topic has been beaten to death long ago but continues to get conversations going for some reason.

The thing that pisses me off most is that he's been re-posting old material in his updates, in place of new content. He claims that they're "re-mastered" and that new things have been added via editing, but from the samples I've seen, they look exactly the same as the original videos. If he's going to re-post old content, he should do it on a clip store.

He continues to have the money to keep his site going somehow.
It's been suggested that if everyone cancels their subscriptions that he'd be forced to change his tactics.
I've been on board with that one for about a year & a half, but there's no way to know how many people still shell out money to him.

On a related note, his content has indeed gone downhill. Every video follows the formula of large breast implants being showered with moisturizer with him doing some annoying narration. It's become ridiculous. It's been ridiculous for a long time now actually.
rizoboy
Henchman
Henchman

I usually used to resubscribe to SHC every two or three months depending on the frequency of the updates.

But one thing I do have to say is that I used to LOVE this site when it first opened; it was a basic heroine/villainess beat down with the villain always getting the upper hand, my kind of thing.

But I started hating it when it devolved into this ridiculous obsession with big tits and milk and all that bull.

Anyway some people's tastes can't always be catered to all the time. I mostly go elsewhere now for my kind of action.
johnnyhend
Neophyte
Neophyte

rizoboy wrote:I usually used to resubscribe to SHC every two or three months depending on the frequency of the updates.

But one thing I do have to say is that I used to LOVE this site when it first opened; it was a basic heroine/villainess beat down with the villain always getting the upper hand, my kind of thing.

But I started hating it when it devolved into this ridiculous obsession with big tits and milk and all that bull.

Anyway some people's tastes can't always be catered to all the time. I mostly go elsewhere now for my kind of action.
Don't forget cow references and that god awful voiceover with the annoying voice. After I canceled my one and only subscription from there, I never looked back. I did enjoy their uniforms though.
rizoboy
Henchman
Henchman

Don't forget cow references and that god awful voiceover with the annoying voice. After I canceled my one and only subscription from there, I never looked back. I did enjoy their uniforms though.[/quote]

LOL, yeah, that VO is trerrible! But it didn't bother me that much when the site focused on the beat downs... it's just that I felt he went away from something that was working so well (in my opinion) to cater to a fetish I find is underwhelming, the milk/tits/cow obsession, it took away from the thrill of the peril for me, and the stories just focused on tit grabbing and milking.

I also liked the very bloody and graphic beatdowns, which have also petered out lately. Too bad.
ranger87
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Soooo, Is anyone here still a member there? I just want to know when the last time they actually updated is, seeing as their front page is often off.
WazooBoy
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

It was updated last week. I have to admit the last month or so he has done his best to keep updated. Of the last four updates only one was late.
ranger87
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Then I guess I have a follow up question. Is the Noble Avenger serial done yet? I want to rejoin when it's finished just to get the rest of this video, but defenitely not before then.
WazooBoy
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

No. That series is still going. However, it does appear to be nearing the end I think. Hard to tell, he just added a second heroine to the mix.
ranger87
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Lame. Well, thanks for the heads up. I WANT this site to do well, but it just...doesn't. Since the title page doesn't have any accuracy as to when the site is updated, let's maybe try to keep this thread open as a "what's current" with SHC. Until the site dies...that doesn't seem that far off.
sugarcoater
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

"But one thing I do have to say is that I used to LOVE this site when it first opened; it was a basic heroine/villainess beat down with the villain always getting the upper hand, my kind of thing.

But I started hating it when it devolved into this ridiculous obsession with big tits and milk and all that bull."

EXACTLY! Very well stated.
Ignore any virtue-signaling; it's clearly just you.

Ignore any activism; it clearly doesn't exist.

Be very careful!
Don't be indoctrinated!
Ignore your common sense!

Everything is entirely normal and ignore the radical changes to culture.
sugarcoater
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Dumbo at SHC is just milking (he would love that pun no doubt) the late updates so as to pay less for the product he pushes on his customers. He has now resorted to recycling old material and trying to package it as new crap, with only a miniscule disclaimer on one update as to how it is old junk.
Furthermore, Dumbo's art and his artists are pathetically bad. All they draw now is oversized chests and caricatures of superheroines. Danny Ryan and Dr. Evil no doubt got wise to his crap quickly and moved on. There is very little to redeem the site. The only thing that had me, on rare occasion, wasting money with the moron was his video. Now all he has are close-ups on chests. What the hell does that have to do with superheroines?! He went TWO MONTHS without a single update to the ongoing movie with NO LEGITIMATE EXCUSE! He filled in the missing updates with re-runs and NOTHING to do with the ONLY new ongoing movie.
But based on his pathetic excuses and piss-poor grammar, he seems more incompetent than anything else. If SHC lasts more than one more year going the way it has for the past year, I will be surprised. Dumbo had something good, but has long since lost it and is now sadly trying to piece together updates to squeeze out a few more bucks from the suckers paying him each month.

-SC

Be very careful!
Don't be indoctrinated!

ranger87
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Rumor has it the Noble Avenger serial has ended. Can somebody tell me how it went? Was there forced sex? Death? What's the deal? I want to know if it's worth joining for a month to get the rest of the serial.
sugarcoater
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Not worth joining for Noble Avenger. Very little action, but a lot of stupid dialogue. No real peril whatsoever. Overall, a hot model but piss-poor plot. Don't waste a cent on SHC yet.

Be very careful!
Don't be indoctrinated!

ranger87
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Thanks for the heads up. It's a damn shame, because that model is one of my favorites, and I really want to see her in more superheroine material.
sugarcoater
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I agree. So much potential, so much wasted video time. And seriously, how lame is Duggz? What kind of lame crap is Dan peddling these days? What does any of that series have to do with superheroines? He should shuffle off that junk on one of his other lame sites.

Be very careful!
Don't be indoctrinated!

greenknight
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

I've been a subscriber since month 2 back in 2000. If you subscribed during month 1, your price was reduced to $15 instead of $20 as long as you stayed a member. I missed that by like 2 weeks - oh well. Back then DanO had his poll driven comic which featured his own artwork and it was really, really good! That, of course, went away as updates started getting overdue. In the beginning late updates would occur but he'd usually catch up within a reasonable amount of time. I could mentally keep track of how late he was just by looking at the update page. Around 2007, I started to actually keep track of late updates as they got later and later. By the end of 2007 DanO was 4 weeks behind. As of today, the last update was on 6/29/11 - he is currently 51 weeks behind! And that doesn't include the many unfinished updates or the rehashed stuff that I've already seen! This, of course, is from someone's perspective like me whose been a member all that time. The only reason I remain a member is due to the fact that I bitched to them about their increasing lateness and my long time subscription. They ended up cutting my membership fee on 2 different occasions to the point where I only pay a fraction of the normal monthly fee now. I agree with some of the other posts here. I WANT the site to succeed. It has great potential but the only thing DanO seems to do well anymore is make excuses and even those are petering out as I think he's used every one in the book! Sorry, just needed to vent.
Blx
Elder Member
Elder Member

Sounds to me like DanO just needs more help. I have no idea if he already does, but someone to help him out two days a week to get the updates done sounds like a reasonable investment.
swampy170
Elder Member
Elder Member

I've been a member on and off since about 2003, the most recent time I joined was at the start of the noble avenger stuff - the fact that went on so long makes me doubt joining again is a good idea.

Having spoken with some of the other guys who help(ed) run shc, the problem isn't the lack of help - it's DanO himself. What he needs to do is take a back seat, or sell shc totally to someone who can run it as a business.

It's still respected as having been one of the best superheroine fetish sites ever - if it came under new management I'd be a member in a shot!

I, too liked DanO's artwork - perhaps he could hand over the reigns and do some more.
sugarcoater
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

In some ways, I think Dumbo just lucked into his success. He was able to initially hire guys like Dr. Evil and Danny Ryan to do some amazing work when those guys worked for a relatively cheap price. His videos featured Ultrawoman and Gold Avenger, which were hot models with awesome outfits. Since then, he has lost the two best artists for the site and replaced them with cheap artists who can't come close to drawing a superheroine with a normal superheroine figure (I can't imagine that many people like the grotesquely drawn chests--I mean, I like a big chest but the current stuff is just a stupid caricature of a big chested heroine).
The videos have significantly less peril, feature bland costumes that are totally uninspired, and lack any sort of continuity since you only get 2.5 minutes of material per update (which now stands at one per month).
But as to his success, he and superheroine.com were the only two consistent sites back in the 90s. Since the birth of so many other quality superheroine peril sites, Dumbo has been rendered obsolete. My hope is that the people with the brains who work the site will tell the moron to sell issues, fake monthly updates. In other words, do what Crimson Hawk has done--sell a video with some art, or art with some videos. Maybe that's the good news he referenced back in his last news update--almost a month ago!
Anyone want to bet that Dumbo can go a whole month without a single update?

-SC

Be very careful!
Don't be indoctrinated!

RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

sugarcoater wrote:In some ways, I think Dumbo just lucked into his success. He was able to initially hire guys like Dr. Evil and Danny Ryan to do some amazing work when those guys worked for a relatively cheap price. His videos featured Ultrawoman and Gold Avenger, which were hot models with awesome outfits. Since then, he has lost the two best artists for the site and replaced them with cheap artists who can't come close to drawing a superheroine with a normal superheroine figure (I can't imagine that many people like the grotesquely drawn chests--I mean, I like a big chest but the current stuff is just a stupid caricature of a big chested heroine).
The videos have significantly less peril, feature bland costumes that are totally uninspired, and lack any sort of continuity since you only get 2.5 minutes of material per update (which now stands at one per month).
But as to his success, he and superheroine.com were the only two consistent sites back in the 90s. Since the birth of so many other quality superheroine peril sites, Dumbo has been rendered obsolete. My hope is that the people with the brains who work the site will tell the moron to sell issues, fake monthly updates. In other words, do what Crimson Hawk has done--sell a video with some art, or art with some videos. Maybe that's the good news he referenced back in his last news update--almost a month ago!
Anyone want to bet that Dumbo can go a whole month without a single update?

-SC
He could also take a note from Sooperhero.com and have all the old content available for viewing. Sooperhero has gotten pretty lame recently as well with the models that don't show faces and the same repetitive crap, but when they first started there was some classic stuff and thankfully they have most of the archives available along with some of Shakeshift's stuff which is awesome.
it2007
Henchman
Henchman

No offense to sugarcoater, but if you want people to take your opinion seriously, you need to stop addressing him as "Dumbo." I am no fan of DanO's either, but "Dumbo" this and "Dumbo" that just sounds plain juvenile.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

it2007 wrote:No offense to sugarcoater, but if you want people to take your opinion seriously, you need to stop addressing him as "Dumbo." I am no fan of DanO's either, but "Dumbo" this and "Dumbo" that just sounds plain juvenile.
To be fair, DanO has taken so much of his members' cash for non-existent updates that merely calling him dumb is giving him the benefit of the doubt.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
ranger87
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

No, Dumbo's about right. Being over 50 updates behind justifies the name "Dumbo".
joser590
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

Ah, the hypocrisy!!! It's funny because some of you people are the stupid ones because you keep giving this guy your money, yet bitch and moan at the same time. He's taking you suckers on for ride.

I am talking to you Sugarcoater because you have been singing the same tune for years now.
GMan2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Red...Check out Villain's Marvel Girl video of late....Jordana Leigh dons an incredibly hot costume, and Villain REALLY stepped up some of his production by renting a studio and getting back to some really good girl on girl scenes.

Sooperhero.com is worth another subscription just for that video series alone. :D
sugarcoater
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Come on Joser, you should know better--I haven't paid for the guy's site in a while. I'll join for a month, then deactivate for two months (now it's more like five months). I was happy paying $10 a month for a few years (thanks to some help from the person that has to put up with Dano/Dumbo's mess), but even that had to come to an end with his ridiculous claims, excuses and lack of follow-through. Not sure why I'm explaining myself to some guy on here, but I suppose I want to maintain some semblance of an ethos on these posts.
Most of us complaining here are venting because we actually LIKED what SHC was putting out. We're frustrated because a good model for success--both financially for SHC and satisfactorily for the fans--has now become a total joke. Yet still there is potential. The Noble Avenger model looks quite good, and if there was any real plot or action I would probably pay for it. Then there's pathetic crap like the "Duggz" series (watching an average looking woman with an oversized chest on a treadmill is something anyone can do at their local gym). We can debate the art, but from what I've read of fans' reactions and my own amateur opinion, Danny Ryan and Dr. Evil were the best the site ever had and they have long since gone.
So yes, I'll vent every month or two about the situation. You're welcome not to read the posts, but as this thread is specific to SHC and its demise, I figure I can at least throw in my opinion here every so often.
Anyhow, if this is the same Joser who posts on HM's site, I will add that I enjoy reading your posts and have to echo a lot of your ideas and sentiments in regard to the superheroine peril genre. You'll have to allow my my little vent every so often ;)

-SC

And yes, "Dumbo" may seem a bit juvenile, but isn't taking people's money for nothing and hoping they don't notice even moreso? And "DanO" sounds way too much like some annoying frat-guy, but perhaps that's just a residual effect from all the lame posts and pathetic excuses. Ah well, my apologies to those who find it annoying.

Be very careful!
Don't be indoctrinated!