See How They Shine: The Hunt For Batgirl

Have stories to share? Post them here! All writers welcome.
Camvoy
Producer
Producer

See How They Shine
The Hunt For Batgirl 1x1

---

Waking up from the bed, she stretches her arms immediately, yawning. She looks at the clock. It reads, "12:44 PM." Rubbing her eyes for a moment, she slides out of bed. She stands up on the floor, adjusting her pajama pants and giving another, shorter yawn while walking to the door. She walks down the hallway to the stairs and down. In the living room, she sees an older woman, dressed in what appears to be business casual, including slacks. The older woman sees the younger lady still waking up as she walks.

Martha: Ah, I see my little nocturnal one's finally up.

Babs: Sorry, Missus Wayne. It was a long night.

Martha: Hm. You seem to be having more of those.

Babs walks toward the kitchen, with Martha walking not far behind. Martha's voice is sly with a grin.

Martha: You'll have to warm up your breakfast. It got a little cold waiting for you.

Babs: Okay.

Babs walks to the refridgerator, opening it up and looking inside for her food.

Martha: Listen, I have lunch with Mayor Grange. You're welcome to stay here as usual.

Babs finds her plate of food, wrapped in cling wrap and places it in the nearby microwave upon closing the refridgerator door.

Babs: Missus Wayne, I'm really sorry about sleeping so late.

Martha: It's okay. I know you have a lot going on with school and all. I remember the long evenings myself. All that studying and everything.

Babs: So what are you and the Mayor going to talk about?

Martha: Oh, the usual. The budget, politics, crime, "Batgirl." Mostly, "Batgirl." The costumed lady seems to be the normal topic of conversation with so many nowadays.

Babs: Oh.

Martha: Well, I must be off.

Martha begins to leave, only to stop and turn back toward Babs, who now has a warmed up plate of food in her hands.

Martha: Oh...one more thing.

Babs looks up at Martha.

Martha: I'm not going to ask why you felt the need to sneak out so late last night. ...As you do everytime you come here lately.

Babs looks down.

Martha: It's too dangerous out there at night, especially with the costumed ladies and the thugs and all.

Babs: I'm...sorry. I just like getting out.

Martha: Babs, honey, you're the closest thing I've ever had to a child. I consider you family, like a daughter to me. I'd like to see you grow older, okay?

Martha smiles and then departs. Babs sits at the table, eating her breakfast and wondering how Missus Wayne seems to be the only one capable of detecting her sneak in or out of anywhere.

As Babs eats her late breakfast in Wayne Manor, Gotham City itself is awake with life and the usual Saturday madness. Martha Wayne is on her way into the city for lunch with the Mayor. For Babs however, it is about preparing for studying and back to the crimefighting grind.
SGWriter
Story General
Story General

Nice start Kace. Glad to see a new story (note to self: get back to writing as well!)
Yes Supergirl, that's right its a necklace for you....What's the matter you don't like Kryptonite?
mask hunter
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Very nice start! Looking forward to see what peril awaits Batgirl! And her tighs and letoard costume.
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Exciting! I hope lots of peril, traps, hogties, and ballgags are in the near future for batgirl....maybe someone will get lucky and strap her athletic little costumed body to a horrible new pattern cutter or buzzsaw.......and give her some nice new vibes! Meow!