Superheroines and WWE/AEW/TNA

General discussions about superheroines!
emile
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Here’s a question: do you invest in a beat down while watching WWE/AEW/TNA in a similar way to superheroine peril?

I can think of many instances when a beautiful and athletic woman wrestler gets manhandled and destroyed on TV wrestling where she’s like a superheroine getting pummeled or overwhelmed with pain and suffering.

Do any female wrestlers on TV remind you of superheroines? Any favourite beat downs you can remember on WWE or AEW or TNA?
Danorian
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Stacey Keibler was my WWE hottie of choice. Those delicious legs!
heroinehunter
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

I remember Mickie James getting held down by three other female wrestlers and a cake smashed in the face. First, there was the typical verbal standoff (something about Mickie James and weight gain). Then a two against two fight. Mickie's friend is tossed out of the ring. Beth Phoenix enters and doesn't know what to do, but joins the other 2 girls against Mickie James.

Mickie James is practically manhandled by the girls, ending with a near knock-out punch by Beth Phoenix. Then, the 3 girls had Mickie on her knees. The three girls wrapped themselves around Mickie: they held Mickie's lovely muscular arms tight, keeping Mickie on her knees, a fistful of hair, and a little face grabbing, so she couldn't move. The cake goes in the face. But after that humiliation, the three girls are not done. Already practically limp, the three girls pick up and ruthlessly hold Mickie again like a ragdoll. They dump a bowl of fruit punch on her. Mickie is left on the floor as a beautiful mess, sobbing at the treatment.

Not a cake-in-the-face guy. But the beatdown and the three girls holding her down ON HER KNEES was incredibly hot. Picking Mickie up and treating her like a ragdoll right after to further the torment sealed it.

In addition, Mickie James did a 'theater bit' where she and Kelly Kelly (?) were kidnapped and bound in an office with arms overhead. That was incredibly hot.

I have to admit the only wrestler I would love to see in bondage is Bianca Belair. She wrestled Sasha Banks once where, in the end, Bianca is lying face down on a table and being choked by her own hair braid. Hot. Damage Control has their collective feet on top of Bianca's back in victory, and she struggles underneath them, stomping on her. Hot. Bayley tied Bianca's hair braid to one of the wrestling ropes and started to do a beatdown. Hot. And, I'll admit, whenever Bianca is 'knocked out' the little pimple between my legs grows to the size of an acorn.

EST? Hell, yeah. Sexiest, hottest,.....you get the picture. Oh, btw - I would love to see Bianca Belair tied up in the Eiffel Tower Position as Wonder Woman. You do that, and it will sell. (You're welcome, society). :ww1:
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

There has been at least one time the WWE had some dressed as Wonder Woman and other super heroines. Could have had a better costumed fight.
Wondersarah
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

I did make a character that looked similar to Rhea Ripley for one of my roleplays. The character had powers similar to captain atom except she suffered from radiation building up inside. The more radiation that built up within her it would corrupt her body and transform her into her evil persona that looked like Ripley.
lionbadger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

The new series of gladiators in the UK has some potential here

Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I remember GLOW had Americana.
PartsUnknown
Henchman
Henchman

I’m a big AEW fan. I think it’s safe to say Tony Khan is an ass man like me. :D

Lurkndog
Elder Member
Elder Member

Pro wrestling has definitely scratched that same itch at times, depending on what kind of angles they were running.

Like, when they do a babyface in peril storyline, it can definitely work. Some examples:

TNA's 2008 storyline with Awesome Kong coming after babyface Gail Kim, where Gail goes all out, but gets destroyed.

AEW had a bit running on Dark a couple years back where Nyla Rose would destroy some of the female newcomers, lay them out, and drape a t-shirt over them that said something like "I lost to Nyla Rose, and all I got was this T-Shirt."

On WWE. Randy Orton was doing a program against Bray Wyatt, and Alexa Bliss was Wyatt's partner in evil, and at one point while she was in the ring saying how they were going to get Orton, Orton popped up suddenly behind her and hit her with the RKO.